PDA

View Full Version : GLOBAL GATHERING 2006

Dirtyacid
03-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Just been on the site today to see who,s on in the techno tent.
I can see from the list their is:

Marco Bailey

Carl Cox

Christian Varela

Adam Beyer

Ben Simm,s

Trevor Rockcliffe

Jeff Mills

I Think that,s going to be a real weekend I cannot wait :eyes:

Si the Sigh
03-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Deffo going to this! Last years was great. Breaks on the Friday and Techno on the Saturday. :cheese:

Frank Dogshit
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
few decent names on there i wouldnt mind seeing but as a festival its pretty average

overpriced with poor soundsystems. spose its good if your with a load of mates and that but for the same cash you could probably head abroad to one of the other festivals.

marginmaster
03-04-2006, 01:15 PM
hope they aint wearing their tech-house hats on the day :cheese:

Dirtyacid
03-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I hope they ain,t playin tech house neither the only reason im going is for the techno especially Adam Beyer & Marco Bailey!

Stretch
04-04-2006, 04:11 PM
It's all about Glade this summer.

fatcollective
04-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Just been on the site today to see who,s on in the techno tent.
I can see from the list their is:

Marco Bailey

Carl Cox

Christian Varela

Adam Beyer

Ben Simm,s

Trevor Rockcliffe

Jeff Mills

I Think that,s going to be a real weekend I cannot wait :eyes:

looks like a better line up than dance valley anyway :eyes:

Traxx
04-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Not as shit a techno tent as it normally is for a change.

Traxx
04-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Like dogshit said though its more for a havin a grin with a load of your mates.

mattboyslim
04-04-2006, 07:43 PM
sonar all the way. global is for cyber kids and trance bummers

Traxx
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
On the flipside of that coin, sonar’s for chin stroking, stupid haircut loving, big sunglasses wearing tarts. ;)

Not that im arsed either way.

Aratron
04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
when and where is that global gathering? i fancy going

eyeswithoutaface
05-04-2006, 12:01 AM
just me who think's that's a pretty gash lineup then?

Split-Personality
05-04-2006, 08:41 AM

I dont know ive seen worse, these guys are worth seeing:-

Marco Bailey

Christian Varela

Adam Beyer

Ben Simms

eyeswithoutaface
05-04-2006, 09:28 AM
not for me im afraid, if it was 5 years ago then maybe but barring Sim's and mill's its just a nice play it safe lineup, no originality whatsoever in that lineup and half the reason why techno just doesnt get the coverage it should over here. No chances taken when big opportunitie's like this arise. Compare it to the Atomic Jam lineup that they had at Global before they stiffed them in favour of Carl Cox, then we'd be getting somewhere

Better off saving money and getting down to either Split, Pressure or Voodoo id say

Split-Personality
05-04-2006, 09:34 AM
not for me im afraid, if it was 5 years ago then maybe but barring Sim's and mill's its just a nice play it safe lineup, no originality whatsoever in that lineup and half the reason why techno just doesnt get the coverage it should over here. No chances taken when big opportunitie's like this arise. Compare it to the Atomic Jam lineup that they had at Global before they stiffed them in favour of Carl Cox, then we'd be getting somewhere

Better off saving money and getting down to either Split, Pressure or Voodoo id say

Nah I do see what you mean there, where is Voodoo and Pressure?

eyeswithoutaface
05-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Voodoo is up in sunny Liverpool mate, and Pressure is in even sunnier Glasgow. Obviously a fair hike for yourself being in London but Liverpool isnt that bad a journey at all and a good laugh when there's a few of you, as a few on here will back me up on haha.

The thing with this kind of lineup for me really, well, there's going to be thousands upon thousands of people at this event and ok whilst some are going to see the said lineup, imagine how wikid it would be if there were a couple of smaller djs and even some live acts on there inbetween the big hitters (and some more relevent and "now" big hitters would be nice too) who would potentially have thousands of new fans to win over. It's just a great opportunity squandered in favour of wheeling out the same old same old.... imagine the potential if people who did these events put name like i dunno, Luka Baumann or Iniigo Kennedy or Jerome Hill or whoever on inbetween the old yella's, i think it would do alot more to win new fans over and get people into the other side of techno as it were alot more than people think

Si the Sigh
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
It's a line up that appeals to a wider range of people IMO. I'll deffo be there, theres some great DJ's, not as diverse or underground as it could be, but a damn fine line up all the same.

Split-Personality
05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Voodoo is up in sunny Liverpool mate, and Pressure is in even sunnier Glasgow. Obviously a fair hike for yourself being in London but Liverpool isnt that bad a journey at all and a good laugh when there's a few of you, as a few on here will back me up on haha.

The thing with this kind of lineup for me really, well, there's going to be thousands upon thousands of people at this event and ok whilst some are going to see the said lineup, imagine how wikid it would be if there were a couple of smaller djs and even some live acts on there inbetween the big hitters (and some more relevent and "now" big hitters would be nice too) who would potentially have thousands of new fans to win over. It's just a great opportunity squandered in favour of wheeling out the same old same old.... imagine the potential if people who did these events put name like i dunno, Luka Baumann or Iniigo Kennedy or Jerome Hill or whoever on inbetween the old yella's, i think it would do alot more to win new fans over and get people into the other side of techno as it were alot more than people think

Reckon you want a bit of both new talent and some old faithfuls. Either way im doing Sunny Barcelona instead followed by a wee bit of I Love Techno in the fall - BRING IT ON :cheese:

mattboyslim
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM

Marco Bailey

Christian Varela

Adam Beyer

Ben Simmsbailey cant mix, and its not like you cant see ben sims and beyer in the uk a fair bit, especially london. won't catch me spending stupid cash and having to share my camping area and 2 days with sweaty dummy sucking freaks just to see varela. save your money

Technobitch
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
:lol:

eyeswithoutaface
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
spot on mattboy haha

Split-Personality
06-04-2006, 08:36 AM

Marco Bailey

Christian Varela

Adam Beyer

Ben Simms"having to share my camping area and 2 days with sweaty dummy sucking freaks just to see varela". save your money

:lol: :lol: :lol:

abloke
06-04-2006, 02:16 PM
The camping last year was a little notorious, not a lot of sleep, and officially you can't take your own food or drink (unless you know the right people). We wont mention the toilets. but portaloos after two days were "honking" to say the least.

See, I like lots of genres of music, which makes events like this worth it as I can run around (like I did last year) to various different tents to see various different DJs play. I wouldn't say it's worth over £100 for the weekend, nor worth it for monogenred people (if that is such a word).

mattboyslim
06-04-2006, 05:02 PM
ah don't get me wrong, i love festivals. but i'd hardly call this a festival. its more of a drug users weekend, i'd hardly call the majority discerning music lovers. glastonbury last year was spot on. the toilets might have been minging, and only 2 shower areas on the whole site, but the vibe, the people and the music made it very special. global really doesn't hit any of these areas with an ounce of passion. they should have stuck to one dayers. the weekend just makes it an excuse to get messy

278d7e64a374de26f==