PDA

View Full Version : Tonights CL games

Will
04-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Who do you reckon's gonna go through then? I'm definitely hoping Inter go through, after Juve they shouldn't prove too much problem, if we finish them off, though I reckon Villarreal are slight favourites to go through.

So I guess I hope Milan win the other game, I reckon they're better equipped for the CL than Juve, but Italian football was made for Arsenal i reckon and they'd probably have a better chance of seeing off Barca in the semi... Though I'm not too bothered who wins this one really, Lyon could be dark horses anyway.

I think I'd possibly prefer Barca to see off Benfica though, they've already seen off 2 English teams and after Porto you never know... Plus I don't like Koeman.

Of course, it's obvious I'm hoping Arsenal win the 4th QF! I wouldn't want us to win too heavily and have people get carried away, though it would be nice if we were in a position to bring on Walcott...

Esox Lucius
04-04-2006, 07:29 PM
inter are my fav team in italy so i want them to go through, good luck to lyon too

basslinejunkie
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
i agree with esox for a change

french_og
04-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Great Win by Villareal, Riquelme was amazing, he pulls all the strings in that midfield. He is gonna be one of the stars in this coming World Cup for sure.

nick_anarchy
05-04-2006, 11:44 AM
made up for villareal

phantomdj
05-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Player by player we're superior to Arsenal and it will not be a surprise if we were to get three or four goals

Lilian Thuram, Juventus captain

How arrogant is that? Anyway, it's a team thing and I would say Arsenal are better than Juve. Man for man? so who does he claim is better than henry?

Too many people in the media are going on about the 'mighty' juve, but liverpool went there last year and made them look ordinary twice, so i expect arsenal to do the same tonight with the rich vein of form and confidence they are in

Will
06-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah, that was rather arrogant, I hoped it'd inspire the team to put them to the sword, but setting a new record with 8 clean sheets and reaching the semi's for the first time will do me! Though it wouldn't count for much if we didn't go on to win it.

278d7e64a374de26f==