PDA

View Full Version : Any hope i had for us tonight has evaperated

jam
06-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Lee Cattermole is out for 5 weeks,which now means McClaren will either play Parlour or Doriva in the middles :doh:

If he played -----Morrison----Boateng---Rochemback----downing--

id still be a little more confident but he wont

DJsmallpaul
06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Good luck

Will
06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Was it Doriva or Rochemback who surprised people by doing quite well recently? I hope you do it, I suppose the biggest thing will be to keep a clean sheet, you've got the strikers to score 2 goals in no time. Parlour might surprise you though, I remember when we were playing against Valencia and Vieira went off injured and Parlour replaced him and he did really well, though that was a few years ago of course...

jam
06-04-2006, 04:31 PM
It's Rochemback will,he is finally looking like the player we thought he was.Against Man City he was outstanding,his vision and touch was world class,it made you realise why Barca paid 13 million for him.

I dont think its as bad as i was making out im just nervous,we have a genuine chance of winning the compition but we have give ourselfs a mountain to climb.

An early goal should do it like.

Will
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, you haven't made things easy for yourselves, it's possible of course, but Basle seem like a good team to be giving away a 2-0 lead to from what I've seen... But anythiung can happen in europe, Milan looked like they were deservedly going out, but their strikers bailed them out.

jam
06-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Basle are meant to be poor away from home (but then again we were meant to be good away from home)

I've gone for 3-0 and hasslebaink to score first at 60-1,great odds.

Richierush
07-04-2006, 12:59 AM
congrats m8 great result for boro hasslewanks goal was a screamer pity it wasnt the first :lol:

DJsmallpaul
07-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Absolutly astonishing really, what a performance :clap: Well done Boro :thumbsup:

jam
07-04-2006, 02:16 AM
words cant describe this feeeling

get in

Will
07-04-2006, 03:28 AM
Great stuff, I wasn't that hopeful really, having been on the flip side of the coin of having the 2-0 lead and knowing an away goal would have made things very hard for Juve. But of course Juve got off lightly so they didn't look capable of turning things round based on the first leg, I didn't see either Boro games, but I'm guessing they weren't played off the pitch in the first leg, just a bit unlucky.

And to think Boro did things the hard way, conceding an away goal before scoring any, I wish I could have watched it! Must have been a bit of rollercoaster for you Boro fans by the sounds of it! Shame the games were on ITV4 or whatever it was.

Hopefully both european cups will be heading back to England, that ought to shut up the idiots who try to make out Serie A is better than the Prem, when they only have one team left in europe now, and they scraped through, plus Liverpool are the CL holders, and the poor record of Italian teams against Prem teams...

Esox Lucius
07-04-2006, 07:03 AM
brilliant game that, well done boro, fantastic like :cool:

nick_anarchy
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
great stuff .. made up for boro

french_og
07-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I turned it off at 0-1 and watched the Darts, thought there was no way boro would score 4. Fair play though, the only thing i'm worried about if Boro win it is that Steve Mclaren could be England boss.

Yeah it would be brilliant if both Arsenal and Boro win both.

jam
07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l.roth1/basle.mp3

Heres the commentry from the local radio station from Ali Brownlie who is a bit of a local legend,he's daft as a brush and so passionaite,he comes out with some classic lines here "the swiss have been rolled" "willliam tel is doesnt matter" etc etc

That was the best game of Football i have ever seen,****ing hell some of the performances from us this season.Beating Arsenal,Chelsea,Man utd,Roma,Stuttgart and away wins and performances like Man city,Villa,Brum,Sunderland etc and we're still in the bottom half of the premiership,madnesss.

This has also been the most expensive season ever for me,but i wouldnt change it for the world.

And to think i was ready to kill myself over these a couple of months ago.

Well the lows are low but the highs are high,best way to be in my opinion.

dee
07-04-2006, 12:45 PM
well done the boro , tuff game next init, off to romania , but fingers crossed htey will pull it off :cheese:

jam
07-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm just so happy Rochemback has hit form at the right time

djfase
07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Wow :clap:

Well done boro. What a fightback.

I hope they win it

piginabush
07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
words cant describe this feeeling

get in