PDA

View Full Version : Uneccesary divisions

crime
01-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Seeing the polls, and the words about the acid techno forum, has made me think... Why any of the divisions? Where does hard/Club techno stop being that and go into Dark/Experimental? one persons view of what's dark and experimental might be another persons Club/Hard Techno.... What if we're talking about hard/Club Techno, and the conversation turns to more experimental sounds... Why all the divisions full stop? I can understand having clubnights, and production in seperate forums, but why segregate the music so much? Surely this just encourages people to not be adventurous, and that it's ok to classify stuff just to put it in it's little box... Surely, this should be left to the marketing men, some of us just want to talk about MUSIC... Why were they split in the first place, was there a worry that people into different styles wouldn't get on? Surely it's better to iron this out through careful moderating (I can understand you not having time tho mark)

BTW this thread itself throws up some interesting conudrums, as it has relevence to all the techno forums, but I've only posted it here (As this seems like the busiest part).. Should I be posting it across all 3 forums???

Si the Sigh
01-09-2003, 09:22 AM
I agree with what your saying, and YES you should be posting it in the other techno related forums! :P

Jimfish
01-09-2003, 09:23 AM
I agree with ya's crime..
All these different categorisations (club/dark/london or whatever) are often used togethor in dj sets etc (perhaps not often enough though) so perhaps we should chat about em as tho they are one thing..
After all its all techno and techno can be whatever we want it to be

Perhaps on a busier forum this might be necessary - purely for practicalities such as navigating the volume of posts. But that isnt such an issue here (not yet anyways). Well, my vote is to have it all togethor anyhow.

278d7e64a374de26f==