PDA

View Full Version : alesis micron

rotten
07-04-2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=13

on ebay 395 €. worth a buy? tbh i'm not really familiar with producing but a friend of mine whos also making music told this one is good for starting in combination with NI reaktor (as i'm not so liquid to buy more hardware... :( )..

i'd appreciate any recommendations or tips. as i said, i'm not really familiar with producing and still a bit insecure. but i'm sick of djing only tbh!

thanks in advance

xfive
07-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I used to have an Ion.. it sounded good but I got rid of it... just didn't have the time to dig in fully.
Micron is the same sound engine and horsepower, but less knobs.... Editing it may be a bitch I dunno.

machina
09-04-2006, 04:47 AM
I had a play with one on the yesterday - they sound pretty ace for the money... considering you can get 4 of them for the price of a virus or something, they are well worth it I reckon.

machina

machina
09-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Just read your post a bit closer - what are you using as a sequencer? that's where you want to start, depending on how you're sequencing stuff, you'll know what you'll get a better feel for what you need... just reaktor + a micron would be a difficult way to start... reaktor is great but only as an instrument or for creating little loops which you can then put into a proper sequencer... you really can't go wrong with a micron no matter what though given the price

machina

rotten
09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
thank mates. yea i'm not even yet into makin music. well i have exact ideas but i think i will read me through some books before start doing sth at all. i've just been told it should be a good way to start with things like reaktor+micron... anyway, thanks.

278d7e64a374de26f==