PDA

View Full Version : Tresor Busted

crime
01-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Tresor got busted on saturday....
Minimal drug arrests, seems that the establishment in Berlin are trying to use scare tactics to get the club shut down by hook or by crook so the site can be redeveloped as property values in the area have rocketed since the fall of the wall... Sad eh?

BritishMurderBoy
01-09-2003, 02:35 PM
god politics and money will be the ruin of everything..

nice background cheers

Patrick
01-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Very sad, but also inevitable (sadly again). That must be one valuable piece of real estate these days, only a stones throw from Potsdamer Platz. A kickback to the police would be such a paltry amount compared to the return some money grabbing developer will get for the site. That's global capitalism for ya folks ! That's what the world needs, more office space while another piece of Berlin's 'real' culture gets buried under the rubble. But hey, the new building will proabably get a design award , so that's alright then. And who knows, in a couple of years time we might be able to go to Berlin and buy a little piece of tresor in a plastic box for a couple of euros, when we've all forgotten and stopped caring about the wall and moved on to the next sanitised guided tour and slide show about what life used to be like.

BritishMurderBoy
01-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Very sad, but also inevitable (sadly again). That must be one valuable piece of real estate these days, only a stones throw from Potsdamer Platz. A kickback to the police would be such a paltry amount compared to the return some money grabbing developer will get for the site. That's global capitalism for ya folks ! That's what the world needs, more office space while another piece of Berlin's 'real' culture gets buried under the rubble. But hey, the new building will proabably get a design award , so that's alright then. And who knows, in a couple of years time we might be able to go to Berlin and buy a little piece of tresor in a plastic box for a couple of euros, when we've all forgotten and stopped caring about the wall and moved on to the next sanitised guided tour and slide show about what life used to be like.

how poetic

Jimfish
01-09-2003, 05:25 PM
:cry:

Sunil
01-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Tresor got busted on saturday....
Minimal drug arrests, seems that the establishment in Berlin are trying to use scare tactics to get the club shut down by hook or by crook so the site can be redeveloped as property values in the area have rocketed since the fall of the wall... Sad eh?

Tresor's fate is in the hands of the owner who as far as I know bought it a while ago for the purpose of knocking down and building on. He has been understanding to the club so far though and has given them quite a bit of extra time to stay already. Tresor is in prime development area alright, and they have explored every avenue possible to keep that club where it is (including seeing if a history preservation order would help them keep the building intact as the building next to it or close to it avoided demolition for that reason) but with no joy unfortunately, it's a shame that the police are starting to put pressure on them like this as they certainly don't deserve it.

davethedrummer
01-09-2003, 08:48 PM
jesus/politics/money/seperatism

this is what we are up against
hold tight
all night
at the traffic light.

c'mon!

The Overfiend
02-09-2003, 01:32 AM
Same thing worldwide......

DJ Corbzy
02-09-2003, 03:15 AM
who's tresor :?:

Sunil
02-09-2003, 05:17 AM

Tresor is a famous techno club in Berlin, has been running since 1991, around the same time as its label which has over 200 hundred releases.

Sunil
02-09-2003, 05:18 AM

over 200 hundred releases.

err.. 200 releases, not 200 hundred releases!

tioneb
02-09-2003, 08:03 AM

who's george w bush ?

Esox Lucius
02-09-2003, 08:37 AM
shame, I thought tresor was supposed to be closing down last year?

hope it doesnt it's part of techno history.

crime
02-09-2003, 09:05 AM

:roll:

http://www.tresor-berlin.de

Check it, seminal techno label and probably the best club in Berlin (Not the biggest though), been going since '91....

TripleX
02-09-2003, 12:32 PM
German druq policy is a ****!ng shame....
they think they can fight ecstacy with shuttin down clubs :roll:

tioneb
02-09-2003, 12:54 PM
well drugs are just a pretext to close the club... its been years they're trying to close tresor to build offices at this place.

in every country they use the fact that there are drugs in such parties to close them, but be sure that they dont believe that what they do is useful in the fight against drugs.

once more we can see that people bringing drugs in parties just give one more weapon to the cops to close the venues. its like giving a gun to a criminal.

Angrymann
02-09-2003, 01:01 PM
All the places I went to in Berlin , no names will be mentioned , but you could only get your stuff CLOSE to the benue and not in it!!

Jimfish
02-09-2003, 01:35 PM
im gonna go and check it out next month b4 it closes... ive never been, i have to go see it for myself if these are the final days..

Angrymann
02-09-2003, 02:58 PM
It's well worth it. It looks kind of strange cause as someone else said it's right in the heart of Potsdamer Platz which is a really wealthy district full of massive office buildings. The club itself is dark and dingy as it should be. There is a small beer garden outside , a bar inside and old bank vault downstairs. I went to see Richie Hawtin there on a Wednesday night and they didn't open the Vault , so it was well dissapointing , cause it's just like any other club if the vaults not open.

ampassasinbirmingham
02-09-2003, 03:02 PM
SO THEY HAVE PEOPLE LIKE HAWTIN CASUALLY PLAYING ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT???

NICE

Angrymann
02-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Not just Hawtin , Josh Wink and Ricardo Villalobos aswell , I left at 08:30am and Hawtin was going into his fifth hour , there was no sign of an end to the night and it only cost me the equivalent of about six quid.

Do we get ripped off here or what??

ampassasinbirmingham
02-09-2003, 03:21 PM
ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT?

CAN IT STAY OPEN TILL WHENEVER?????

I WISH I LIVED IN THE BASEMENT TO THAT CLUB?

I HAVE THE TRUE SPIRIT CD WICH TALKS ABOUT THE VAULT, BUT TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE CLUBS LAYOUT/ SOUNDSYSTEM/ EVERYTHING.

I WANT A 4 PAGE REPORT IN BY THIS TIME TOMORROW PLEASE ANGRYMAN

tioneb
02-09-2003, 03:37 PM
ive enver been to tresor but i know people who have been there as clubber or dj .. the place seems to be pretty old & industrial ... some warehouse atmospehre though its in the basement of a building ... very small and dark, not that good soundsystem (at least monitors are told to be bad).

the place is kinda mythical for their techno line ups ... the djs enjoy the palce so they are happy to spin there (i dont thnik they take big fee as the club is quite small)... so that explains the kind of line up angryman described happen really often and the entrance stays cheap

Angrymann
02-09-2003, 03:41 PM
The entrance is just off the main drag in Potzdamer Platz , you have to really look to see the sign , if you didn't know it was on that street you possibly wouldn't find it. It's a sort of turnstyle type entrance , very narrow when your paying in. Once in you are in a courtyard type idea with benches and wee stalls. Think they were selling food and water and stuff , no beer outside if I remember rightly.

There are a couple of hidden entrances (graffiti walls with hidden door handles) which I think were for the dj's ,just off the courtyard , plus an entrance into the main bar area. The bar itself is fairly large , the bar just to the left and a large dancefloor in the middle , with the dj booth just off to the side on the left.

The Vault is to the righthand side of the club and as you walk down you should get quite scared , or alteast get some sort of shivver down your spine. It's quite eery. The walls are coated in white damp shit and it basically looks like you are about to be led into a Thai Prison or something like that. It smells quite musky too , like a sumo wrestler's arm pit ( I should imagine).

As it wasn't open I can't really say what it would have been like , but I hear they don't use very much lighting , just pitch black and the occasional flash of a strobe , just so as you can half see what you are doing. It's all about the music ( and quite possibly about getting felt up in the dark without having a clue who's doing the feeling)

The upstairs was ok , but like I said it was just like any other club in Berlin. The sound was really good , pretty loud and clear. The crowd are failry up for it , in fact very up for it , it was a ****ing wednesday night after all. I stayed as long as I could , but I had a bit too many large gay german men come up to me whilst I was on my own ( mate refused to come with me as he hates Techno) and as I don't speak any German , the paranoia set in and I decided to go whilst I could still walk properly.

Not 4 pages but should be enough detail.

crime
02-09-2003, 03:47 PM
The upstairs main bit is called "Globus", the basement is the "Tresor" (Literally "Bank Vault" in German)Globus has more housey and leftfield stuff on if the basement is open... The tresor itself is very dark and has a real underground vibe to it, really dark and dank, walls crumbling, and bars everywhere so it looks like the inside of a prison.. There's also the "Fish Bar" and an outdoor area they use in the summer... heres some pics of Tresor (Just the bunker by the way):

http://www.ranx-gmbh.de/images/party/bilderalbum/2003/2003-03-28_Tresor/212-1251-xl.jpg
http://www.ranx-gmbh.de/images/party/bilderalbum/2003/2003-03-28_Tresor/214-1403-xl.jpg

DJ Corbzy
02-09-2003, 11:48 PM
looks f*cking good!!! :D

278d7e64a374de26f==