PDA

View Full Version : record storage

Col
01-09-2003, 04:29 PM
how do you guys like to store your records?

what do you keep them in? for me its the good old cardbox (unbelivable value for money :lol: )

i have just decided to sort all my techno into alphabetical order (by record label) i'll be doing it to my trance collection soon, but its one hell of a job.

which way do you find easier?

Addict
01-09-2003, 04:40 PM
I've forgotten most of my records :evil: I need to sort them out with some shelving soon coz they are starting to take up valuble floor space, most are stored in record boxes and record bags all over the place, with the most recent in the record box, and there's some really old ones behind the sofa :oops: . Talking of which I'd be interested to see how people sort there records before playing out, NEW POST.

T
03-09-2003, 02:15 PM
I got some alright plastic crates that are great for storing, but i can't find them anywhere these days, and I've looked everywhree form hardware shops to pound shops to the back of sainsbury's!!! and seen as my records have multiplied over the years there's no room for new records, so they're piling up against the walls and want to sort them out.

So, if anyone knows where to get 12" size plastic storage crates please let me know would be appreciated. :)

Dj Swannie
27-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Ive got some palstic storage things for my records, I got them at wilkinsons. Any cheap bargin shop like that should do them. Take a record with you though to make sure it fits !

Addict
29-09-2003, 10:14 AM
I got some alright plastic crates that are great for storing, but i can't find them anywhere these days, and I've looked everywhree form hardware shops to pound shops to the back of sainsbury's!!! and seen as my records have multiplied over the years there's no room for new records, so they're piling up against the walls and want to sort them out.

So, if anyone knows where to get 12" size plastic storage crates please let me know would be appreciated. :)

www.htfr.co.uk

WillGraney
11-11-2003, 04:04 PM
I bought some quality crates from good ol' IKEA for about £3 each. Went back to get some more the other day & they don't stock them anymore :roll:

Most of my records are leaning against the wall under & on the storage thing my decks are on.

PDT
29-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Good old milk crates from the local shops...each crate holds roughly 60 records...cheap *well, free* almost unbreakable and they double as a great seat too!

278d7e64a374de26f==