PDA

View Full Version : Casual violence - Brutality beautiful

Mindful
09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey guys

So this is a track I was doing a couple of weeks ago but realy needed a break from music for a while(well from making techno)
So anyhow im going to work on it some more this week (with some other stuff)

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF4AB87001412.mp3

More or less looking for feedback and advice on the mix and production, I was hoping that I could take a break and see it a bit more clearly but this is not the case.

Feel free to comment on any aspect of the track be it positive or negative but realy any production heads ups would be super nice.

Thank you :)

Mindful
09-04-2006, 11:55 PM
oh also wanted to add that I seem to have been in this spaced out kindof techno making vibe recently but should be getting back to somthing a bit less casual soon(not sure why I feel I need to add this thought but ykow)

BRADLEE
10-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I love the darkness Steve. All sounds well proper in my headphones. I mostly just love the dark atmospheres you have created and the really layed back feeling. Reminds me of something I'd like to have played at my funeral :cheese:

Mindful
12-04-2006, 07:55 PM
haha erm thanks....I think

BloodStar
14-04-2006, 10:49 AM
finally i found time to check new tracks,.. so i will start with yours :)
i like the build up in the beginning and the mood when the first pad comes in,. it's nice and also that little lead synth that plays on each 8 bars is nice and fits there well. deffinitely something strong and mental is going in the background. nice nice. as the track plays i was just waiting on some little vocal, something similar as in your last track. it could works well here, but track is very nice even without it.
production part of thing is good, i think. good track..

Honeey
15-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Nice I really like this, the minimal dark subtleness is c and not too in your face, very groovy rhythm actually...wiked!

Honeey
15-04-2006, 02:41 AM
edit: "the minimal dark subtleness is cool" lol

xfive
16-04-2006, 08:55 PM
I like this one man.. nice vibe to it. Gooood stuff. Just think you should maybe have a little more in the first half to keep it changing.
Sweet pads and atmos :eyes:

MARKEG
20-04-2006, 03:26 PM
welll i love the feeling here. would have made the pads and strings louder though - i little far back in the mix i think....

Mindful
20-04-2006, 04:49 PM
cheers for listening and comments chap

Barely Human
20-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Just had a listen,

There's a really cool track here just waiting for that extra something, im not sure what that is, but the overall vibe is sweet. Maybe thow something in thats completely off the wall compared to the rest of the track?? I think it could do with a little more percussion, but the rest of the drum work sounds fine.

On a production note-

The kick drum sounds too stabby to me, and could do with rounding off with a nice mid sub tail end to really get the track rolling nicely. Also there is some sub freq's in there that are far too low to be heard properly and subsiquently they are taking up precious room in your mix, meaning it wont be as loud as you could possibly have it. This can be easilly fixed with EQ or a filter.

Nice work man,

Kinda reminds me of some of my own stuff down the way.

Peace bro,

Q

dirty_bass
20-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Great stuff.
That sub will work wonders on a good home stereo or a proper club rig.
I love your percussion grooves, always very subtle, restrained, plenty of swing.
I agree with mark about the pads/textures, way too far back in the mix.

I have a problem with your stuff recently, and it`s that, what is there is really really good, but the tracks very rarely progress beyond the (almost cliche for this genre now) ethic of drum tracks with some ambience.
Although very good, I know from tracks where you really reach for more identity that you have more potential than staying within the brackets of what`s expected in dark techno.

So I would say, at the moment this track is a very very solid grounding for a truly amazing epic work of dark electronica, but needs more thought and the edition of stronger elements to lift it above the ambient drum track norm of surgeon/regis land.

Having hit you with the critical asshole stick, I will add that you are one of my favourite producers making techno today.

Mindful
21-04-2006, 08:34 PM
@ IQ and D_B
amazing advice and feedback thanks so much.

IQ
I havent seen you on here for a bit or heard any music from you for a month or so, good to see you(well on here anyhow)

Steve
I long for your critical asshole stick it keeps me on my toes and pushing forward.

I will use what every one has said and try to use it to push this track on to somthing more than it is at the moment.
Realy huge thanks for all comments and advice.

Barely Human
22-04-2006, 08:19 PM
@ IQ and D_B
amazing advice and feedback thanks so much.

IQ
I havent seen you on here for a bit or heard any music from you for a month or so, good to see you(well on here anyhow)

No worries man, but seriuosly, dont take my advice :lol:

I havent been on much lately due to a high work load and musically ive been busy with writting an album. Hopefully i should have it finished in a couple of months or so...

278d7e64a374de26f==