PDA

View Full Version : Record storage part deux

Addict
01-09-2003, 04:42 PM
leading on from the other post, how do people on here store there records in their bags/boxes before they play out, mine normally goes light stuff at the front gradually progressing to hard stuff at the back, anyone do things differently??

Col
01-09-2003, 05:21 PM
yeah thats how mine goes, i place them in the order i intend to play them before hand, although that dosent mean i'll play them in that particular order.

djjaym
01-09-2003, 05:31 PM
I just put whatever tunes i wanna take with me on the ni9ght in the box in no special order.

Addict
01-09-2003, 05:41 PM
I find it easier when searching for a tune if you know what area of the box it's in roughly.

Voorheez
01-09-2003, 06:17 PM
I like to store the recent records i've bought in my box I take to play out whilst at home - then when I take it out to a night, I know where everything is, so can find it easily.

Analbumcover
01-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Invariably as a randomly assorted bag of empty outer sleeves, empty torn and ragged inner sleeves and naked vinyl.

At home I normally store all my good and recent records in big heaps all around the floor of my flat and teatering on every available surface, again in the tried and tested tradition of empty sleeves and naked vinyl arranged randomly.

In stark contrast I store all my crap records anally in pristine sleeves, carefully filed away on shelves sorted out by label.

Barely Human
02-09-2003, 12:18 AM
I yoused to have a specific order to all my vinyl. Type of music, lable, etc. I knew exactly where each track was out out about 1000 records. But now its all gone to pot a bit and i just have the all my stuff im playing at the min in my box, and everything else spead out all over the place.

sean.demaine
02-09-2003, 12:32 AM
I store mine by age , but then Im strange

T
03-09-2003, 02:22 PM
leading on from the other post, how do people on here store there records in their bags/boxes before they play out, mine normally goes light stuff at the front gradually progressing to hard stuff at the back, anyone do things differently??

yeah like that really, though i keep stuff by same artists and/or labels together......not that i play out much at the moment.

T
03-09-2003, 02:23 PM

yeah like that really, though i keep stuff by same artists and/or labels together......not that i play out much at the moment.

WillGraney
11-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Mine's the same. The order getting harder through to the back of the box.

duncandisorderly
18-12-2003, 01:27 PM
i try and put all the records i will need in the box in no particular order. i also find it quite helpful if you leave a pile of crucial records at home when packing that you really need when you get there, like when i played at the blackout audio night at the sanctuary. left about 10-15 of my bestest and faves at home ... grrrr :doh:

K Front
18-12-2003, 08:59 PM
I usually go for softer to harder. But i never usually stick to that order when im out..

278d7e64a374de26f==