PDA

View Full Version : Henrik B

dcdn
01-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Hi all, what do people think of him today???
I don't like all his new stuff, i liked him the way he started, more rough and harder techno. the releases he makes nowadays, also together with adam beyer aren't very underground sounding he. But he used to make brilliant techno tunes, here are some listen-links, youll need realplayer to hear them. These tracks i really like of him..

force majeure:http://www.groovetech.com/PhoenixData/SilverStream/Pages/srvltRecMed?RecordedMediaID=13652

bactomobilen:http://www.groovetech.com/PhoenixData/SilverStream/Pages/srvltRecMed?RecordedMediaID=2167

Adverse
01-09-2003, 07:16 PM
force majeure and lords of brightness were siiiiiiiiick :) let us not forget stuntman or riccochet 2 :)

i agree 100%. his tracks have become very very predictable.

Sam_Horam
01-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Stuntman is an all time classic but nothing else of his has done it for me since.

davethedrummer
01-09-2003, 07:42 PM
the bullet????
on corb that was one of my favourites
but i disagree i like his new stuff too
not everything but that's nothing new.
the drumcode double pack him and beyer did a while ago was ace.

The Overfiend
01-09-2003, 07:50 PM
The Teorama Ep was key!

Paul Nisbet
01-09-2003, 07:52 PM
i like his stuff too... i really liked Stuntman... was a tune... still drop it now.

FORCE 5
01-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Ive got to agree with DAVE on that one,im liking his stuff at the moment,sure not all of its good,but hey its pretty up there.
the stuff hes been doing with Adam Beyer on Ingoma,drumcode and other collaberations is pretty shit hot in my books.

Dustin Zahn
01-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Illgo 7 was okay, but I am a fan of his older works as well. Stuntman, Bullet in the Bed, Lord of Brightness, Force Majeure, all great records! I don't mind so much that he's taken a more commercial sound now, I just get tired of the the "Henrik B kick drum" that has taken over every track. I miss the days of the no-nonsense and extremely busy basslines with weird funky sounds. Now it's all BANG BANG with typical techno synths.

Some of it I still like to play out, but he definetely had it down before.

Adverse
01-09-2003, 10:26 PM
most definitely

Analbumcover
01-09-2003, 10:26 PM
I really liked Hardwired, but obviously someone else did too, as it went with me to a party and never came back. Gutted. :cry: :cry:

Dustin Zahn
01-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I really liked Hardwired, but obviously someone else did too, as it went with me to a party and never came back. Gutted. :cry: :cry:

Ouch!!

T
02-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Yeah i like henrik's stuff. Not so keen on avalon but still, sounds like good production. Most his stuff on illgorhythm & drumcode is excellent imo. Hardwired, kid b, drumcode 22 & 25 are ones i like. Not sure what his dj'ing is like but got sent a dj mix by him, have not heard it yet myself but copy and paste link below into your address bar for a henrik b mix.

http://mikaelbonk.kopat.org/henrik_b_(illgorhythm)-live_030813.mp3

ripped
02-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Henrik b came to zurich with Beyer a while back, and his set was bangin more and a little harder. he had a 1 or 2 little fu*k ups but it didn't matter with that wicked sound. was really suprised that he played like that..

Angrymann
02-09-2003, 03:02 PM
I loved Hardwire and the older stuff but I have to say that I find the new stuff and in particular the stuff with Adam beyer extremely formulaic ,I remember about three drumcodes in a row coming out that were almost Identicl.

Loved him and Adam Beyers remix on a subvoice track recently ,not hard but it was different to their usual approach and it sounded ****ing ace.

The Overfiend
02-09-2003, 04:13 PM
I loved Hardwire and the older stuff but I have to say that I find the new stuff and in particular the stuff with Adam beyer extremely formulaic ,I remember about three drumcodes in a row coming out that were almost Identicl.

Loved him and Adam Beyers remix on a subvoice track recently ,not hard but it was different to their usual approach and it sounded **** ace.

I thought the track blew, the original was something outta super mario brothers and their remix was a straight aril brikha bite. No offense.

Angrymann
02-09-2003, 04:21 PM
None taken man , we can't all like the same stuff. It was different from their usual stuff and that's why I liked it.

tioneb
02-09-2003, 04:23 PM
i like this remix too ... i dont really like the original though.

Adverse
02-09-2003, 04:28 PM
I thought the track blew, the original was something outta super mario brothers and their remix was a straight aril brikha bite. No offense.

yes! summerofsam for president!

The Overfiend
02-09-2003, 04:39 PM

yes! summerofsam for president!

Nah just gimme the ministry of defense.
plus seriously look at bullet in the bed and then look at this. I'm still shaking my head.

Adverse
02-09-2003, 04:42 PM
bullet in the bed was one of the first records i bought.

tekboi
03-09-2003, 09:34 AM
I will agree with Dustin, in my opinion not only is Henrik's production predictable but everytime I hear his punchy kick drum it really doesn't do it for me for some reason, though I loved his older stuff as everyone else, I didnt mind the one on Illgorhythm named Kid B I think it was nice stuff.

Drago
03-09-2003, 01:53 PM
I think some of his latest stuff has become a little stale, and lacks direction. The Dble pack on Drumcode a while back, and Year of Reflection on Illgorhythm are excellent. But his latest releases on Illgorhythm don't really do anything for me.... :!:

Kevin Gorman
03-09-2003, 11:24 PM
I trully enjoy his work with Adam Beyer, them two together do some amazing work! example Drumcode 25. Hard bangin stuff like Vocal Image, and killer Funk like Identify Yourself! DAMN!

PETDuo
04-09-2003, 05:24 AM
we love his production, it´s so well made that it will always sounds great on any soundsystem!

MrAcid
13-09-2003, 04:09 PM
The teorema is awesome...one of the best hardtechno productions i have ever seen....nice bass...crazy break...sick

The Overfiend
13-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Teorama the side b with the synth. Hot sh*t...

anx
13-09-2003, 09:42 PM
my favorite track by him lately is illgorhythm 7-7a
theres just somethin about that track that i dont get sick of...

ampassasinbirmingham
13-09-2003, 10:32 PM
teorema is a classic

davethedrummer
15-09-2003, 07:06 PM
bullet in the bed was one of the first records i bought.

god i'm old!

278d7e64a374de26f==