PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Dat bass gone go freaky - Jackin techno

dirty_bass
14-04-2006, 05:40 AM
Never made any jackin techno before, thought I`d give it a wirl.
I wanted something hard, but tongue in cheek.
The bass does get a little bit silly.
http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20Dat%20bass%20gone%20go%20freaky.mp3

Decimal
15-04-2006, 04:26 PM
that bass is very silly. i think it detracts from the locked groove quality many jack tracks have.

overall, it was a bit too cheesy for me, but it jacks thats for sure.

dirty_bass
15-04-2006, 08:36 PM
that bass is very silly. i think it detracts from the locked groove quality many jack tracks have.

Yeah, I get ya there, but I refuse to make anything that even resembles a locked groove. I can`t stand music that doesn`t go anywhere or do anything, it just says lazy, no ideas, bad producer to me.

holotropik
16-04-2006, 03:24 PM

Yeah, I get ya there, but I refuse to make anything that even resembles a locked groove. I can`t stand music that doesn`t go anywhere or do anything, it just says lazy, no ideas, bad producer to me.

yeah but what about letting the mind of the listener change it for themselves, or the player **** with it in their own way through efx...?

I like this track, but feel it doesnt capitalise on the essence of jackin and overall feels like it goes nowhere....trippy territory to be messin with here.

xfive
16-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Dat bass DID go freaky.
Interesting piece man.. definietely does the trick heheh

stjohn
16-04-2006, 09:44 PM
not sure if i like this really........ all the sounds seem very generic. production doesnt seem as tight as usual either. i think the kick should be less subby and have more low/mid range punch and you could bring out those weird sounds towards the end out a bit more!

its a funky little number tho :)

Mindful
16-04-2006, 10:28 PM
**** me this kick.
Cant see the prob with this bass as of yet myself.
Deffo makes me wanna jack or maybe do a work out in my leotard.
kin hell its just kicked in like a proper one at about 2.50
I like this, not a wiff of said cheese from my side just a pumping bit of techno

dirty_bass
17-04-2006, 04:50 PM
yeah but what about letting the mind of the listener change it for themselves, or the player **** with it in their own way through efx...?

I totally am not into DJ trax. Or DJ`s that just play DJ trax and do efx.
EFX on a DJ mixer are never as good as what can be done in the studio.
I really can`t make loop tools. Make a loop, let it run for 5 mins?
I really don`t produce with any DJ`s in mind other than those that can play anything.

I thought the production was fairly tight, apart from the weird bass sound at the latter half, which I need to tighten up somehow.

BRADLEE
18-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Hmm, I don't really hear the cheese in it either myself. Production seems quality to me as always. Arrangement is spot on like always as well. Hmm my only comment would be the synth/bass element in there just seems to be sort of weak sounding. (not the later deeper bass, but the electro styled synth/bass sound) I dunno, maybe run it thru some analog Tube saturator or something???

Hmm, this is just my opinion though as I am fully aware that you know what you are doing.

Thanks for sharing like always Steve. :eyes:

Evil G
18-04-2006, 02:12 AM
i'll echo what's already been said: more electro, less kick.

love the quirky bits though.

dirty_bass
18-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Yeah, beef up the little analog riff synth. Just realised this is a little weedy

dan the acid man
20-04-2006, 08:05 PM
haha, this is really good actually, like you say, the synth needs fattening up a bit, it's got a nice melody in there though, catchy as hell

278d7e64a374de26f==