PDA

View Full Version : General over-view of your team This season

Richierush
16-04-2006, 11:52 PM
just wanna know how u think ur team has performed over the season,do u think they have done better than what u expected or worse??????

Everton-

I didnt think at any time we would go down,an i also thought we wudnt do aswell as we did last season finishing 4th,so overall its been an ok season especially after starting so poorly and was an eye opener being in the champions league.

Tranmere-

Very dissapointing season considering we almost went up last season,as a team we have got worse getting rid of our best players,this just shows the club doesnt want to move forward playing shite players and not buying in the jan window,i remember reading in the star tranmere favs to win the league,and now i cant believe we are just 6 points off the bottom,if brian little doesnt buy in the summer id tell anyone to put money on them goin down next season,me just so glad i get free tickets to get in or id never go :cheese:

;)

Numeric
17-04-2006, 10:32 AM
well, i honestly thought Utd would be challenging this season, though Lord knows why after last season's debacle, it hasn't been much better this time round if any better...

we hit the ground runnin to a certain extent and notched up a few straight wins in the early stages, but it wasn't long before the mediocre performances crept back again, Chelsea have raised the bar in the Premiership there's no question about that so Utd can't afford to lose or draw as many games as we have in the past and still make a challenge for the title. i don't know, the team have shown promise this year so far but we can't forget their abject display in Europe and toothless performance against the Kopites in the FA Cup and ofcourse there's the two Premiership encounters with City and not to mention the hiding we took at the Riverside, ofcourse the Carling Cup is a small consolation but this team should be capable of more...

we now find ourselves second in the Prem only three points clear of the Kopites (with a game to play) after a hugely dissapointing performance against Sunderland at Old Trafford, i'm not even sure if we'll finish second now...

we have a serious problem in the centre of the park, Giggs has done well alongside O'Shea recently but when we come up against tough opposition such as Chelsea, Liverpool or any of the European heavy-weights that combination will struggle so we need to resolve this matter as soon as possible, word is we may be signing Mahamadou Diarra from Lyon who looks alright so fingers crossed for that...

then there's the whole Glazer US connection, which i'm not even gonna get into, it doesn't even bare thinkin about...

moaning aside, Rooney has come on really well, Gaz Nev continues to give 100% every game (he has to be one of the Premierships most consistant performers), it's good to see Saha playing well, Vidik looks a good buy, Van Der Sar is a temporary solution to the goal keeping problem, Heinze's almost back, Ronaldo is quality but still has so much to learn, and although Ruud has scored a lot of goals this season and is still Old Traffords number one striker, he looks out of sorts from time to time which is a worry...

that's my take on s**t...

basslinejunkie
17-04-2006, 02:53 PM
im quite happy with ours,we are progressing,and the signings bentiez made for this season have impressed,particulary sissoko.but i do think we missed an oportunity to go further in the c.l.

Traxx
17-04-2006, 04:07 PM
With better strikers we would of pushed chelski allot closer.

Esox Lucius
17-04-2006, 04:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

french_og
17-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Liverpool have had a good campaigne considering they finished over 30 points behind Chelsea last season, they have at times been dominant and probably only 2/3 players away from being serious title contenders. Defo need another real world class midfielder and a striker there to be able to change things when not perfroming but on the whole they have a real solid base and one to really build on.

Think the same can be said for Utd, they have had a lot of injuries this season - Heinze, Giggs, Scholes, Smith, Neville so think with these players back and and another signing they Liverpool Arsenal could be proper challengers to the Prem next season - Bring it on!!

macca
17-04-2006, 06:36 PM

defo been r problem when we were avin a bad patch an werent finishing teams of etc made up me self look where we are now we can only get better with a 20 odd goal a season striker fingers crossed

Richierush
17-04-2006, 08:51 PM
i thought that this season wud be a close one in the prem,but chelsea always looked like winnin it,i can see in the next couple of seasons 4 or 5 teams pushin for the league title which will give the prem a more exciting finish to it which we have never seen befor,its always been 2 teams in utd and arsenal and so on,so me lookin forward to the next couple of years in the prem. :twisted: ;)

Traxx
17-04-2006, 11:29 PM
I think its fair to say we are now the best team on merseyside (david moyes)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i thought that was piss funny too.

macca
18-04-2006, 12:56 AM
didi u think this was funny as well as me this shift in power on merseyside as moyles (smeagel) called it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
19-04-2006, 12:46 PM
great season for us although weve fallen apart a bit recently.

we get a good striker and 1 or 2 more in defence we should do ok again next season.

mark hughes is a top top manager,hats off to the guy!

jam
19-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Well this season could turn out to be the best ever or a very shite one indeed.We are struggling with alot of injuries in the defence tomorrow night and Viduka is also out (think he'll be back for sunday),as long as we get a decent result,maybe a 2-1 defeat or a 1-1 draw,that should see us set up for the second leg.

We have had some fantastic results,Man Utd 4-1,Chelsea 3-0,Arsenal 2-1,Roma 1-0,Stuttart 1-2,Basle 4-1,Charlton 4-1 and then bad results like Villa 0-4,Charlton 0-3,sunderland 0-2 and even tho it wasn't an important game getting beat by the geordies is a bit shit.

A topsy turvy season that could still be our best yet.

278d7e64a374de26f==