PDA

View Full Version : under the kick ????

tracatak
17-04-2006, 11:37 PM
am i hearing all the craz percussion under the kicks that is giving techno its sound...liek some sorta triplet notes or somethign between each kick..si most techno written in 16th notes or

k--- k--- k--- k--- ( i think that is 16th notes ) i got some great kicks goigjn with delay n reverb n distorion but cant get it to not sound so one dementional ..all the techno/hardd techno i like sounds very groovy and like a--- b--- a--- b--- not jsut a--- a--- a--- a--- like mine...any suggestions...

rhythmtech
18-04-2006, 12:59 AM
try a few toms under the kick

ReakZ
19-04-2006, 04:56 AM
i have same prob with some of mine tracks, i've added some toms and then it would sound like
cheap euro disco :D in good tracks i cant even hear those toms they just make that deep rough sound well i guess the key here is eq...

RDR
19-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Use synthesized percussion sounds, rather than samples and start playing with them.

Mindful
19-04-2006, 08:44 PM
i have same prob with some of mine tracks, i've added some toms and then it would sound like
cheap euro disco :D in good tracks i cant even hear those toms they just make that deep rough sound well i guess the key here is eq...

As you say EQ.
Also having them low in the mix can help (say just loud enuff so you can tell they are no longer there when you mute them)
Also get creative with pannig and pitching down. :)

Mindful
19-04-2006, 08:50 PM
am i hearing all the craz percussion under the kicks that is giving techno its sound...liek some sorta triplet notes or somethign between each kick..si most techno written in 16th notes or

k--- k--- k--- k--- ( i think that is 16th notes ) i got some great kicks goigjn with delay n reverb n distorion but cant get it to not sound so one dementional ..all the techno/hardd techno i like sounds very groovy and like a--- b--- a--- b--- not jsut a--- a--- a--- a--- like mine...any suggestions...

Maybe try playing with different broken drum patterns with different sounding kick drums at different freqs at different volumes under you main kick :)

I need more words for different eh.

TechnoNRGKid
19-04-2006, 09:54 PM
^ Various, variant,Random, numerous, multiple, altered,contrary,diverse,incomparable,individual,m ismatched, mismated,opposed, other, otherwise,unalike, unequal, unlike,unrelated, unsimilar.
:devilish:

Mindful
19-04-2006, 10:22 PM
haha

tracatak
20-04-2006, 11:17 PM
how about one delayd distorted kick (so its chuggin along ) and its being triggerd/gated by another more pounding non delayd kick...(and of course add other kicks ..some eq'd HIGH and some eq'd LOOOOOW )

so far that is been werkin best for me..

now if i can only find the best way to gate it...(in fruity)

dirty_bass
21-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Get some electronic toms, play em low, on every note, filter em down with a low pass, bung up the resonance and get em to rumble.
Maybe sidechain to the kick as well, and hey presto, standard techno rumble.

tracatak
22-04-2006, 04:28 AM
im on it....THANKS (btw- i seeen ur myspaces..all of yas...ha =)

278d7e64a374de26f==