PDA

View Full Version : BloodStar-LoosingAll--new track (still working on it)

BloodStar
19-04-2006, 10:09 PM
heya,
so finally,´i started to work on some new track.nothing too bangin,or furious... i just tried to play with synths..and so.
i am just posting a loop from the track. this is not finalised or mastered,.production part of thing will be improved.....,,any pointers, appreciated..
cheers..

http://www.bloodstar.info/downloads/BloodStar_LoosingAll.mp3

Mindful
19-04-2006, 10:14 PM
DL now mate

dirty_bass
20-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Liking this so far.
The bass is really nice.
There are some really cool 3d accoustics going on in this, very impressive.
The 70`s synth is maybe too loud.
showing lots of promise here.

xfive
20-04-2006, 02:31 AM
I think this could be cool after you clean it up and what not.. parts of it are quite nice. :boadj:

BloodStar
20-04-2006, 11:10 AM
thx, guys. there is deffinitely lot of work on production., i agree. i just did some basic EQing on kick, bass and hats,. the synths are almost untouched., i will need to do some better cleanup and balancing levels on the synths. that's for sure. glad you like the basic idea,. have got some new ideas gow to proceed with it, so i will postup another version soon..

Mindful
20-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Bass is dope as is the synth that plays every 8 bars or so, love how it works with this spacey synth(witch reminds me of some cool old sci fi movie)
would like to here some dubby synth to I think.
Also like the mid perks.
wont comment on the production mate becase you will sort that.

Nice start.

BloodStar
29-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Ok, I procced little bit with this piece. I reworked it into full track, and also work harder on production, and i think it now sounds better than first version, even i am still not 100% satisfied with it, so i will need to spend some more time on it.hehe..
looking forward to any pointers and ideas..thx

http://www.bloodstar.info/downloads/BloodStar-LoosingAll-V2-192.mp3

Mindful
29-04-2006, 02:47 PM
DL and will check it home bro

lau
29-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Will hopefully download this tomorrow... if the wifi of the pizza place is up.......

:rambo:

Elvio Neto
29-04-2006, 10:52 PM
nice update

but... wheres that loveli bass ???

:)

lau
30-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Ehmzz I dowloaded the 2nd version... thought it lacked some bass... so it could either be my phones... or like elvio said.... something happend to the bass...(coz everybody else seemed to dig the bass )

haha ennieways other than that I liked it... Wasnt to much into the synths tho..... Liked the groove of the beat.... with a phat bass I think it'll be really promising..

will check it again in a day or two when Im home again to listen how it really sounds.......

:rambo:

BloodStar
30-04-2006, 01:44 PM
cheers guys. i have to agree that the bass which was commented in replies above is now little gone. hmm. i will need to check the mixdown again,. i spent some hours andding and sequencing new sounds and probably i hide that bass too much with sidechain or EQing, dont know..thanks for tips anyways...

Mindful
30-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Production sounds quite nice to me now alltho I miss this bass now mate and it feels a little to me as tho the kick is running the mix(as in its much more prominent that anything else)
You say this bass is still in there?
Myself I would take down the level of the kick and bring the bass up higher in the mix(by whatever tecnique you feel, maybe just as simple as as you say zeroing the mix and starting again)
I may however be compleatly wrong:)
Tune wise I like mucho, has a real grooving stomping feel about it, also has a nice electronic dark edge about it without relience on atmos.
very cool.

xfive
30-04-2006, 09:52 PM
hmm yeah this is a bit more pronounced, however I think some of the swirly synths start dominanting too much at certain times.
I'd say push them back a little bit and leave the perc in the foreground... and then get that bass back in there :)

278d7e64a374de26f==