PDA

View Full Version : the open techno movement!

MARKEG
20-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Look at what is happening. Loopy ppl are saying hold on, we don't like loopy. Hard ppl are saying we don't like hard. Minimal ppl are saying we're sick of minimal. Wow this is really so cool. Techno has so many scenes, so many ppl questioning the scenes. Surely we're moving forward because of this! Isn't this great? Am I imagining this?

Hmm, perhaps I'm drunk? :lol:

dirty_bass
20-04-2006, 01:27 AM
minimal people? hard people? loop people?

What happened to people who like techno?

The Overfiend
20-04-2006, 04:02 AM
I people who are getting clique ish with techno are the douchbags that ruin techno.
Techno is techno, and when a good ass dj mixes all genres of it that makes a better mix.
I would love to hear a minimal track layered over some hard techno, would make that dj tool sound much better.
The only thing productive about cliques are that more producers are being challenged to think outside their own box.
But the ones who are staying real to their guns I respect more because they are not changing their tune to impress anyone but their own peers. You would not want to hear Dj Premier produce a Justin Timberlake track.

Bas Mooy
20-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Think a lot of people are kind of confused at the moment, not really knowing which direction to take their productions. have to say that the whole minimal movement/hype sometimes pissed me off, even frustrated me to be honest... but on the other hand influenced me a bit, changing my perspective on productions.

Adam Beyer blew me away with the releases he did on MAD EYE (but can you call that minimal?). My love for the pounding and dark stuff is way too deep to ever dissapear, but i think its a good thing that the whole techno scene got a kick in the ass. People are trying new directions again and there's a lot of examples of quality projects that followed (Agaric, Bruce Logan, Adam Beyer, Eidolon, Dustin Zahn...). Anyway, I try to see the positive side of things and truly believe in the power of the quality banging stuff to return soon. I like to combine different styles in my sets too, to make it more interesting (Not only for the crowd, but also for myself)....

I am really curious whats gonna happen in the near future....

massplanck
20-04-2006, 09:15 AM
I am really curious whats gonna happen in the near future....

even if something DID happen in the near future. we'd still asll have the same stupid discussions about bandwagon jumping and whats next etc.

the word 'future' should be killed . its all about now, and always was.

The Overfiend
20-04-2006, 09:29 AM
truly believe in the power of the quality banging stuff to return soon

Been a long timing coming...........
A change is gonna come.............................................. ....

Miromiric
20-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Look at what is happening. Loopy ppl are saying hold on, we don't like loopy. Hard ppl are saying we don't like hard. Minimal ppl are saying we're sick of minimal. Wow this is really so cool. Techno has so many scenes, so many ppl questioning the scenes. Surely we're moving forward because of this! Isn't this great? Am I imagining this?

Hmm, perhaps I'm drunk? :lol:

you are drunk.

MITA
20-04-2006, 11:55 AM
i like music,,,old ,new.
it's the same,but different appraoch.
and presentation. ppl like to try new stuff,
and get back to old stuff again..

taking all in mind,,hard,deep,mnml,,and movig
forward ...combining all that,,and still have ur
own mark. mark u're drunk hahahahha

nice words on here,,so mostly said.

there is a time and place for
everything..so grab what u like and feel
through that time...

MITA
20-04-2006, 11:56 AM
too much thinking,,

MITA
20-04-2006, 11:57 AM
too much thinking,,

The Divide
20-04-2006, 12:20 PM
the word 'future' should be killed . its all about now, and always was.

:clap: :clap: me likes

gary_human
20-04-2006, 02:06 PM

for sure

ive never known a genre of dance music have so many sub-genres - cant we all just get along and appreciate it all. Once someone finds a new strain of techno it just means loads of people are gonna make tunes that sound like that for a while before they get bored of making that stlye and make a new stlye imo. Just look at that new minimal sub-genre - the sound been around for years, but once it got a new "name" every tom, dick and harry was making tunes that sounded like that.

gary_human
20-04-2006, 02:08 PM
dont tell me there's gonna be a new "open techno" sub-genre of techno musice started after this thread?!?! :crybaby:

rhythmtech
20-04-2006, 02:21 PM
i wish i could make techno that stuck to one genre... i try to make acid and it comes out as house. i try to make minimal and it comes out as gabba.. fuk it where am i going wrong?

gary_human
20-04-2006, 02:35 PM
i wish i could make techno that stuck to one genre... i try to make acid and it comes out as house. i try to make minimal and it comes out as gabba.. fuk it where am i going wrong?

maybe you "try"ing to hard - go with the flow

rhythmtech
20-04-2006, 02:40 PM

maybe you "try"ing to hard - go with the flow

*gotta work on my sarcasm*

DJ Becka
20-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I people who are getting clique ish with techno are the douchbags that ruin techno.
Techno is techno, and when a good ass dj mixes all genres of it that makes a better mix.
I would love to hear a minimal track layered over some hard techno, would make that dj tool sound much better.

You are right.....but unfortunately, I dont see too many people doing this. More so on the minimal side (at least the ones I see here in NY). All they want to play is minimal-and THAT'S it....they wont even listen to the other stuff, let alone play it. So who's acting like the elitist douchebag here?

AHHHHH....I cant take it anymore....get me the *BLEEP BLEEP* out of NY!!!!!! :mad:

DJ Becka
20-04-2006, 03:04 PM
While we are on the subject of minimal - I really just dont get it.....I know there are some quality producers and tunes out there, but I listened to the new releases on one website yesterday to see what was out there - and not only was like 90% of the new stuff all minimal, but it was all sheer utter crap. I consider myself to be very open minded when it comes to the music - but seriously, I was holding my ears at my desk - it was pretty painful listening to this. Is it possible that the US isnt getting all the new releases, so I'm just missing any good stuff with this music? Or is it matter of the whole minimal trend becoming oversaturated already?

Mindful
20-04-2006, 04:11 PM

Theyre saying hold on we dont like techno hehe

Without the hehe part that was mine

Mindful
20-04-2006, 04:13 PM
itaking all in mind,,hard,deep,mnml,,and movig
forward ...combining all that,,and still have ur
own mark.

good call Mita

massplanck
20-04-2006, 05:13 PM

they got into a big fight with the people who like DnB.

talking about the future of techno is ghey. techno is old peoples music. :paranoid: time to enter the post-techno phase.

The Divide
20-04-2006, 05:20 PM
You mean like going back to using musical instruments? I always knew this Jews harp would come in handy

massplanck
20-04-2006, 05:23 PM
You mean like going back to using musical instruments? I always knew this Jews harp would come in handy

anti-semite.
:shock:

Agent Orange NYC
20-04-2006, 05:28 PM
After looking to buy records for hours online today, I noticed something. Alot of mnml fans would complain that alot of 'techno' coming out all sounds the same, too loopy and no creativity. I think the opposite has now happened where there are tons of mnml records coming out that sound exactly the same and are not really that creative and really loopy. Not even a nice breakdown to work a dancefloor. Obviously there are good and bad records in every style.

nihilist
20-04-2006, 05:48 PM
splitting techno up into different styles is killing techno imo. pigeon holing dj's producers etc. only devides. ppl say oh i dont go to that night cus they only play acid or only play minimal techno is techno!!!

gary_human
20-04-2006, 05:57 PM

many a good tune played on an ole jews harp

that reminds me "where the f*ck is my jews harp - used to love (trying) to make acid techno on that but all i could come up with was minimal nonsense? :lol:

The Divide
20-04-2006, 06:14 PM
My mate broke mine on his leg trying to sample it (I know, lol dont ask), you can pick em up cheap now :lol:

The Divide
20-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey no seriously tho

Maybe things seem far more exaggerated on forums than they really are.
I mean I love hard techno, but if a dj dropped something none hard techno I like it just as much. It’s all part of the journey. But like 2-4 years ago I would be eager for the next track to drop. I guess there’s a change of attitude but there’s always going to be some stubbornness from groups of people. But so what? We all like what we like, we do what we do, we love, we fight and we blame everyone else. I mean we all have tastes, were all passionate about music. The mentality is changing and there seems to be more open mindedness. It’s all our own doing. Were all pretty much in the same ship despite our differences. We are the united front of divided interest

Some pointless waffle that makes no sense for you

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2006, 06:40 PM
without forums people's view on techno as a whole would be 100% more positive

truely

Dustin Zahn
20-04-2006, 06:50 PM
After looking to buy records for hours online today, I noticed something. Alot of mnml fans would complain that alot of 'techno' coming out all sounds the same, too loopy and no creativity. I think the opposite has now happened where there are tons of mnml records coming out that sound exactly the same and are not really that creative and really loopy. Not even a nice breakdown to work a dancefloor. Obviously there are good and bad records in every style.

Yeah, I've been saying this for a while now. The funny thing is if you read mnml.nl at all, the kids will claim percussive techno is too loopy and repetitive. They fail to realize nearly all the newest and hottest minimal cuts are nothing but drum tracks (hooray for electronic tom drums) without the compression and aggressive basslines.

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2006, 06:53 PM
well either way they'd still be right, percussive techno is too loopy and repetitive. Same as so is alot of minimal. As is most hard techno. As is alot of dark techno. see the point?

i wish people would stop trying to find the whole meaning of life in techno, its just one of thousands of types of music out there, and whatever you produce or play your never going to please everyone. For everyone one person who likes your music, there will be 5 who say its shit.

Everyone should just get on with whatever they want to do and enjoy themselves, quite simply, imo

Dustin Zahn
20-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I just find humor in people's reasonings for bashing certain types of music. It's so hypocritical.

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2006, 07:24 PM
well id have to agree there. The scene is full of hypocrisy

The Divide
20-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Everyone should just get on with whatever they want to do and enjoy themselves, quite simply, imo

:clap:

jon connor
20-04-2006, 07:35 PM
fuk the bitches and get da fuk on wit da job its all good , its all techno its still here and where the fuk is going nowhere because its here to stay coz its the dogs bollocks elektronik mayhem just that right ingreedient to tickle ya taste buds avit :rambo:

tech techno techno hahahahahahahahahahah cum on ;)

massplanck
20-04-2006, 08:02 PM
i wish people would stop trying to find the whole meaning of life in techno, o

:lol:

classic.

Mindful
21-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey no seriously tho

Maybe things seem far more exaggerated on forums than they really are.
I mean I love hard techno, but if a dj dropped something none hard techno I like it just as much. It’s all part of the journey. But like 2-4 years ago I would be eager for the next track to drop. I guess there’s a change of attitude but there’s always going to be some stubbornness from groups of people. But so what? We all like what we like, we do what we do, we love, we fight and we blame everyone else. I mean we all have tastes, were all passionate about music. The mentality is changing and there seems to be more open mindedness. It’s all our own doing. Were all pretty much in the same ship despite our differences. We are the united front of divided interest

Some pointless waffle that makes no sense for you

Bang on Dan

audioinjection
21-04-2006, 09:55 PM
hardnimal techno

massplanck
21-04-2006, 10:11 PM
shranimal. ;)

Stella Boy
21-04-2006, 10:16 PM
too much thinking

i wish people would stop trying to find the whole meaning of life in techno

:clap: These comments are why I really cannot be arsed with this forum & techno in general anymore.
They hit the nail on the head; all you need to do is look back at what's been discussed in very recent
history and *shock horror* it's like loopy techno - it just goes round and round and round and round...............

I've got nothing against anyone who wants to spend hours upon hours discussing this stuff but
the whole future of techno discussion shit is boring and tiresome.

People will do what they want to do regardless and no amount of talk and analysis will ever change that, unless you are easily led.

happy trails

Sunil
21-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Lock This Thread :)

eyeswithoutaface
21-04-2006, 11:55 PM
haha yeah good shout Sunil

massplanck
22-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Sunil Sharpe = The Future of Thread Locking.

SlavikSvensk
22-04-2006, 12:22 AM
shranimal. ;)

hate it. i only listen to...

...schrannibal!

DJ Becka
22-04-2006, 03:04 AM
too much thinking

i wish people would stop trying to find the whole meaning of life in techno

:clap: These comments are why I really cannot be arsed with this forum & techno in general anymore.
They hit the nail on the head; all you need to do is look back at what's been discussed in very recent
history and *shock horror* it's like loopy techno - it just goes round and round and round and round...............

I've got nothing against anyone who wants to spend hours upon hours discussing this stuff but
the whole future of techno discussion shit is boring and tiresome.

People will do what they want to do regardless and no amount of talk and analysis will ever change that, unless you are easily led.

happy trails

Why even have a forum about techno music then?

pfffft....whatevaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr :roll:

eyeswithoutaface
22-04-2006, 11:25 AM
good call again Becka, lets close Blackout Audio!

force
22-04-2006, 12:34 PM

'everybody needs a jews harp'

Jews harps are the dogs bollocks

278d7e64a374de26f==