PDA

View Full Version : Monitor placement?

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2006, 07:01 PM
just wondering how you guys have your monitors placed? mine are kinda at an angle towards me, but i know people like to place them facing directly straight and in peoples studio's i visit some prefer that, whilst some seem to have them angling in more also

just curious as to which was recommended really

dan the acid man
20-04-2006, 07:42 PM
isn't the correct placement supposed to be you sat at one tip of a triangle, with yoiur monitors placed at the other two points, slightly angled inwards ?

i maybe wrong though, but yeah, i prefer having them angled in a little

xfive
20-04-2006, 07:55 PM
I go with the golden triangle.. that way when you are sitting in your chair you are in the sweet spot.

Also have to watch out how close they are to the wall, my monitors have dipswitches on the back that configure a low end eq depending on how close or far you are from the walls.

eyeswithoutaface
20-04-2006, 08:07 PM
yeah im with you on that sweet spot thing, im actually quite happy with the sound just a little confused. No worries re the wall, plenty of space all round my room which is cool

xfive
20-04-2006, 08:11 PM
I think you can get away with them facing forward if they are like midfield monitors or something, that are just so big and loud that it wouldn't matter as much.... but who knows..

RDR
20-04-2006, 09:20 PM
30% inwards is the figure most quoted.

As for wall placement, forget it, i dont have the space AT ALL.

I go by a combo of monitor ref'ing, headphone ref'ing and powerbook speaker ref.

if it sounds sweet on all then im laughing.

278d7e64a374de26f==