PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Fu-cked up and dead to the world - Hard Techno

dirty_bass
21-04-2006, 07:23 PM
I wanted to do something straight, hard and banging, with the energy of schranze, but not the distortion and oompah factor.

So I`ve made this industrial hard thing.
Production is a little messy right now, as I`m kinda out of practice doing this full on kitchen sink in the mix kinda stuff.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Dirty%20Bass%20-%20****ed%20up%20and%20dead%20to%20the%20world%20( v.1).mp3

xfive
21-04-2006, 07:47 PM
This is pretty cool... nice journey, menacing... everything sounds good to me. WIll have to check it on the monitors for the "full effect".
Sweet clattering percussion on this one

Elvio Neto
22-04-2006, 11:08 AM
wow

sounds nice to me

the percussion is exelent

top stuff this one

i like to see the final result keep this track updated please

BloodStar
23-04-2006, 02:37 PM
good track. bottom end sounds massive, huuge vibe in it. the perc groove you add first is nice and bringin some more funk in there.maybe could be little louder,. but sounds ok, after while. like all the ambient sounds in the background.
production is sweet. soudns nicely warm with a nice depth,. using of stereo field is also very good.i enjoyed the listen mucho..

Mindful
23-04-2006, 08:42 PM
you say the production is a little messy but is realy nice and tight from my end

Atmosphere is floating around perfectly in the mix.
Love how the ambience buids up in the background, very subtle and realy helps to push the energy of the track on.
Realy feeling how the percussion drops out in the middle like theres no rush to make the track do somthing.
Nice ending too

BRADLEE
24-04-2006, 07:48 PM
As always tight work Steve. Proper tune, although I don't consider this to be all that hard really. Just some nice dark groovy techno.

dirty_bass
24-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, it`s not hard as in full of noise, but the kicks are pretty hard.
However hardness is very subjective.
Some people think lots of distrotion means hard.
I prefer punch and clarity, but in your facenss.
Others prefer frenetic, full to the brim manic noises.

Horses for courses.

I`ll repost this, loads of the interesting stuff had sunk to the back of the mix, I guess my ears needed a rest.

BRADLEE
24-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, it`s not hard as in full of noise, but the kicks are pretty hard.
However hardness is very subjective.
Some people think lots of distrotion means hard.
I prefer punch and clarity, but in your facenss.
Others prefer frenetic, full to the brim manic noises.

Horses for courses.

I`ll repost this, loads of the interesting stuff had sunk to the back of the mix, I guess my ears needed a rest.

See I'm not looking at it in terms of distortion...Just in terms of Energy Steve. I don't equate Distortion as equaling hard...just the energy that the track brings.

rhythmtech
25-04-2006, 02:03 AM
sorry steve, this does nothing for me. it sounds like 1 minute of music stretched out to six. not my cuppa tea at all. i think you're capable of much more intelligent productions than this.

djshiva
25-04-2006, 03:58 AM
sounds great on this end, but i have to agree with rhythmtech that it needs something more. a hot few hot breaks, some edits, maybe some new sounds introduced...something to really round it off and make it a mind**** of a track...

dirty_bass
25-04-2006, 11:04 AM
sounds great on this end, but i have to agree with rhythmtech that it needs something more. a hot few hot breaks, some edits, maybe some new sounds introduced...something to really round it off and make it a **** of a track...

there`s loads going on, I just ****ed the mix and it all barely gets through, hence redoing it.
My fault for doing it on headphones at about 4 in the morning.

I may repost it at some point.

audioinjection
27-04-2006, 07:09 AM
nice one steve, phat low end, cool rhythm......more like minimal/hard techno i guess haha

but overall, good stuff i think, mix sounds nice too

but i'd like to hear your full mixed version

techno_smack
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
i like the way it buildsup from the start the subtle noises in the background work well

Tony_Silver
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
sure,it is a good track,and hard does not mean "distorzion"...i like the kicks,but the whole track is a little monotone,but it is still a good work mate

stjohn
04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
but it cant be a hard techno track unless you sample Amok or Wilson!! :)

nice tune DB.....id agree thatt this isnt full on bangin, its a darker spectrum like grovskopa or exium; possibly sounds more like your voidloss work!!
it'd be in my bag either way!!

dirty_bass
04-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, this is finished now, but I won`t repost the final version as it`s being sent out to some prospective takers.

278d7e64a374de26f==