PDA

View Full Version : powertools 1

kev
22-04-2006, 11:29 AM
just got powertools 1 today prob my fav powertools record bar pt4.
got it from the states(new) cost abit in p+p but it was worth it.

but the thing that got me was this shop in the states had 7 copies of it, now this is an old record and i know atleast 7 peeps that would like a copy of this tune(but prob wont pay the p+o like me)
and it got me thinking how many more of our classic record are sitting unplayed in record shops around the world

Trip Head
22-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeh it is a problem. With underground music as the amount of units sold is so much smaller, getting the distribution and supply right, as in to shops where they'll actually sell is quite difficult I presume.

xes
22-04-2006, 05:52 PM
There should be a tuneage amnisty. Everyone declares what old tunes they have and then let the people decide!!

Fusion
27-04-2006, 02:46 PM
just got powertools 1 today prob my fav powertools record bar pt4.
got it from the states(new) cost abit in p+p but it was worth it.

but the thing that got me was this shop in the states had 7 copies of it, now this is an old record and i know atleast 7 peeps that would like a copy of this tune(but prob wont pay the p+o like me)
and it got me thinking how many more of our classic record are sitting unplayed in record shops around the world

there are a few bigger shops in the states that took advantage of 3 or 4 distributors going bust - they were able to purchase large lots of records for very little cash.

take advantage when you can i guess
all the shops are going under now too

kev
27-04-2006, 02:56 PM
had a feeling that might have something to do with it

Aratron
27-04-2006, 03:11 PM
yeah i had powertools 1 for a while now. powertools 2 and 4 still do it for me aswell.

i ve never heard of powertools 3 and tokyo device though - what the hell are they like?

Si the Sigh
27-04-2006, 03:21 PM
All pretty fat mate. :cheese:

Powertools has always been a great label.

FUSION
01-05-2006, 06:16 PM
i ve never heard of powertools 3 and tokyo device though - what the hell are they like?

both of above are awsome first 7 or so PT releases cant go wong at all. I still think powertools is the best SUF label by far always sounded the most original :techno:

Aratron
01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
powetools from about 26 onwards is just the best label by far. it went through a breakdown of sorts afrter about no 11 to the mid-twenties
Hydraulix and most labels have totally sold out on acid techno.

Trip Head
01-05-2006, 09:17 PM

What do you mean by that?

christian wagner
01-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I remember the old powertools they used to have in my local HMV years ago, :lol: , and they sounded pretty fat,
Really good label!

Aratron
02-05-2006, 10:48 AM

what do you think i mean? get over it

rhythmtech
02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
to be honest i really dont think hydraulix was ever intended to be acid techno, so to say that it has "sold out" is a bit strange.

a qoute from henry's website:

"MY ONLY SELF IMPOSED RULE , WAS TO AVOID 303 TRACKS AS THERE WERE PLENTY OF OTHER LABELS FOR ACID TECHNO AT THE TIME "

Aratron
02-05-2006, 11:19 AM
well theres no need for everyone to get prickly and defensive about its just my opinion dude.

rhythmtech
02-05-2006, 11:32 AM
but if you're gonna say something inflamatory like it's "sold out" at least explain why you think so. you gotta remember hydraulix is much loved by a lot of people around here and you know how we get if someone disses our fave labels! ;)

Aratron
02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
well maybe im over exagerrating, i just feel like recent hydraulix releases dont do it for me personally, i am aware theat the label wasnt 303 based acid techno. but to me it feels more like a Tidy Hard House Label now than anything else.

Trip Head
02-05-2006, 04:37 PM

what do you think i mean? get over it

Well I meant how you thought they'd sold out. Now you've explained what you meant, I understand your view. But I've gotta totally disagree with you. Like with the hard house comment, what are you on about?

For the sake of argument, you could be reductionist and say that hydraulix is just the same ethos as powertools: keeping on with the driving party music style of acid techno, while updating the sound.

I'm not here to defend people, but if it was me who had been accussed of having "sold out" on acid techno I'd be pretty insulted. With the level of production skills of some techno producers, if they really wanted to sell out they'd have left techno altogether a long time ago.

Anyway, not meant to be a diatribe at you, just as rhythm tech said, if your gonna say something inflammatory at least explain why you think it.

Aratron
02-05-2006, 05:43 PM
jesus i dont think anyone should be insults , if they cant handle criticism from a complete nobody, then thats pretty sad.

Trip Head
02-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeh thats fair enough.

Just think its not really worth commenting on or questioning peoples motivations for making the music they choose to make (with regards to such an underground scene). I'm sure those of Ant are very similar to those of anyone else in the SUF collective.

Aratron
02-05-2006, 08:43 PM
bloody hell sounds more like the Borg Collective if your arent able to air your views, without people taking offence. jesus christ

Aratron
02-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeh thats fair enough.

Just think its not really worth commenting on or questioning peoples motivations for making the music they choose to make (with regards to such an underground scene).

the scene is about as underground , as cloud city.

Trip Head
03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
By underground I meant not mainstream, as in the labels don't sell huge numbers of units.

And yeh your entitled to voice your opinion, no offence was taken :)

Aratron
03-05-2006, 04:16 PM
thanks dude , sorry for being so awkward. i love hydraulix as much as anybody, i think i lost the plot of my argument really

278d7e64a374de26f==