PDA

View Full Version : Music store,s in the north west!!

Dirtyacid
23-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Im Finding it very hard to find a GOOD record store in the north-west of england to source good hard techno I recently took a trip out to the spininn in manchester to buy some tune,s I was shoked to find they have stopped selling techno , trance , hardhouse , drum & bass no prob,s but no techno I thought that shop specialized in underground music A major let down I think.

So where about,s is their for good techno I live in the burnley area & only have public transport to get around so anywhere in Leed,s to Manchester area would be great to go their must be somewhere good.
I know that their are plenty of good shop,s on the net but I like to find those little gem,s & deleted classic,s etc & you can hear the tune alote better than just a mp3 clip :techno:

alsynthe
23-04-2006, 02:45 PM
action records in preston is good i used to shop there regularly and its not far from u at all

Dirtyacid
23-04-2006, 03:40 PM
do you have the address never heard of that place before i,ll call them before i go over for opening times etc

alsynthe
23-04-2006, 03:45 PM
it open 9 to 5 monday to saturday. i cant remember the address, if u walk form the train station and turn right on the main street and keep walking for about 15 minutes its on the left hand side. try yellow pages for more info on address.

Speak to paul i think his name is. hes clued up on techno and always has good stock in.

kev
23-04-2006, 09:59 PM
have you tried basement trax in leeds sells mostly techno+some electo www.basement-trax.com
and while your in leeds you could check out tribe and record box www.record-box.com

Traxx
23-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Basement trax is the one. Eastern bloc in manchester at a push.

Frank Dogshit
24-04-2006, 12:27 PM
best get to action records quick,its shutting soon so i believe.

shame that as its the best place for techno. as much surgeon,makaton,paul damage you can get ya mitts on.

should of know better anyway to goto spinn inn,its garbage!

FUSION
24-04-2006, 04:57 PM
spinn in went shit as soon as mick beatle stopped working there. just buy em off the net www.juno.co.uk

FUSION
24-04-2006, 04:58 PM
sorry didnt read your post properally try basement traxx best record shop in the north I rekon

Numeric
25-04-2006, 07:15 PM
i used to shop at Eastern Bloc a couple of years back and they had pretty much anything you would want, dunno if they're still as good for techno but back then they were one of the best in the NW no question...

Frank Dogshit
26-04-2006, 12:19 PM
i used to shop at Eastern Bloc a couple of years back and they had pretty much anything you would want, dunno if they're still as good for techno but back then they were one of the best in the NW no question... :mad:

still pretty damn good,john berrys still there and he gets some good stuff in.

still like a trip into vinyl exchange now and again,been some gems in there recently.

nick_anarchy
26-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Basement trax is the one. Eastern bloc in manchester at a push.

init defo them 2

Pheeva
29-04-2006, 12:29 AM
spinn in went shit as soon as mick beatle stopped working there. just buy em off the net www.juno.co.uk

innit I used to get all my techno form spinn in when Beatle used to work there.
Any way think ur selves lucky you should try living in north wales & wanting to record shop :eh: :(

Mindful
29-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Eastern blok in manchester
got loads of good techno there and Jhon and Mark know there shit

Mindful
29-04-2006, 12:43 PM
*know their shit

Pheeva
29-04-2006, 01:28 PM
yeah used to shop in there when we lived in manc, but now its like £10 maybe £15 petrol to get there so I just get them off the net and put that £ towards more tunage :)

278d7e64a374de26f==