PDA

View Full Version : Ozz - Jaypace [mimimal and dark]

Jay Pace
23-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Something I'm working on. Mainly to use as a dj tool, might make it into a proper track. Not sure, thought I'd ask for a bit of feedback.

Has the biggest bass noise in the world

4mins 256kbps

thanks for listening

:cheese:

www.logarhythms.co.uk/Ozz.mp3

Mindful
23-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Only on headphones but production sound ok.
Sounds like some track from the nineties.
Not a fan of the drum sounds myself(808/909 or whatever)but quite like the programming and patterns(appart from the ride but im not too in too rides anyhow)
Doesnt seem too go anywhere I feel but as you say its meant as a tool and is unfinished as a track.
Love the huge stab.

force
26-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Like it....nice & quirky

What you write your tunes on Jay?

Jay Pace
26-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Cubase and Reason, the axis of all evil :boaunshaven:

force
26-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Bomb them

force
26-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Rewired? or do you render from reason and use in cubase?

Jay Pace
26-04-2006, 12:31 PM
I rewire Reason into Cubase. Wouldn't consider sequencing in reason - too basic.

I use reason to build synths and I love the loop player.

I generally just love reason. Its a great, intuitive, flexible creative tool.

force
26-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I agree about the sequencer, but it is a great program, ( the filters on the NNXT are superb)

I just wish they would split the modules into VSTi's. Being able to use the Matrix sequencer outside reason would be so cool

dirty_bass
26-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Some nice moments in this.
As it`s minimal style it could so with a lot more polish though.
the kick is a little fuzzy, and in fact overall the track lacks brightness and sparkle.
Bass sounds like the bassline from Freq Nasty:Brooklyn to Brixton, doesn`t have the huge impact I was expecting though, could be bigger.
Although DJ tool is the intention the percussion couldn`t hold my interest for 5 mins as it seemd to lack swing and funk and could maybe do with a little more groove quantisation.

xfive
30-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I think dirty's commnets regarding the sound are pretty much on point.
The ideas in here are good, I'd like to hear it drop into something more solid though, as it seems sorta like one extended intro to me. And at that point you'll find that it will have turned into a full track hehe

Jay Pace
01-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for comments guys

Have remastered it, make the kick hit better and restored the high end. Bass stab is a bit more aggressive as well.
Structurally I think I'll make it into a track at some point, but thats going to take a bit more time.

New link here (http://www.logarhythms.co.uk/Ozz.mp3)

278d7e64a374de26f==