PDA

View Full Version : Well done Gerrard, beating those Chelsea cunts once again

Will
24-04-2006, 03:39 AM
I suppose Rooney deserved his award too, based on league form, better him than a Chelsea cunt. ;)

phantomdj
24-04-2006, 06:14 AM
very true...

suppose mour will call it a conspiracy :lol:

hope they crumble now.

french_og
24-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Gerrard deserved this, what a yearhe has had. Don't know why anyone would dislike Lampard Terry and Cole, brilliant English honest players, also its good that with all the money Chelsea have spent - 3 of their Englsih players are in the top 5 .

Did anyone see the team of the year - not a bad side!!

Premiership Team of the Year:
Shay Given (Newcastle), Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan), John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), William Gallas (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Traxx
24-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Her really did deserve this award. Im made up that over rated cunt lampard didnt get it.

french_og
24-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Over rated - he has scored 20 goals this season.

Esox Lucius
24-04-2006, 11:16 AM
lampard over rated hahahahaha him & terry are class.

well done to stevie well'ard though.

Traxx
24-04-2006, 11:32 AM
He aint a patch on gerrard. Simple as.

Esox Lucius
24-04-2006, 11:56 AM
different players lad, couldn't compare them, both very good.

french_og
24-04-2006, 11:56 AM
There both class players and I'm glad they are English! Hope they can click together in the World Cup.

Traxx
24-04-2006, 12:28 PM
I dont think they do click together really. It is a shame that gerrard always seems to sit to let lampard get forward. Gerrards a much better attacking player.

lukekendall
24-04-2006, 12:34 PM
given in goal!!!!!

robbo or cech surely!!! :roll:

Esox Lucius
24-04-2006, 12:50 PM
given in goal!!!!!

robbo or cech surely!!! :roll:

**** off lad, shay given is one of the best keepers in the prem, ****ing brilliant.

french_og
24-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't say Gerrard is a better goal scorer than Lampard but Gerrard is the better all round player. I can't see the problem with them to playing together in a 4-4-2, if one goes forward the other hold back, it shouldn't be that difficult, they should both have the dicipline and the communication to do it and England would benefit more than if it was the same one attacking all the time.

french_og
24-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Shay Given class keeper - remember he has played behind a terrible defence for most of the season unlike Cech and Robinson.

Will
24-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Gerrard deserved this, what a yearhe has had. Don't know why anyone would dislike Lampard Terry and Cole, brilliant English honest players, also its good that with all the money Chelsea have spent - 3 of their Englsih players are in the top 5 .

Did anyone see the team of the year - not a bad side!!

Premiership Team of the Year:
Shay Given (Newcastle), Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan), John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), William Gallas (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

I wouldn't call Terry honest, or Cole especially, I'll give Lampard the benefit of the doubt for now, but a lot of people hate him! But Terry thinks he can do whatever a goalkeeper can do and he always puts his hands on peoples shoulders when he tries to score from a corner or freekick.

I hate Lampard and Terry as much if not more than any of the foreigners, I suppose it's because they really embody Chelsea, whereas the foreigners are just mercenaries after a fat pay packet, but also because they're so utterly smug.

Traxx
24-04-2006, 03:36 PM
That they are.

djfase
24-04-2006, 06:19 PM
I cant believe what im hearing. Terry is fekking quality and i hate chelsea with a passion.

Anyone who says otherwise is blinkered. He is defo englands first choice. A proper no nonsense defender

french_og
24-04-2006, 06:34 PM
I know, Terry is briiliant - great leader on the pitch.

phantomdj
24-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Steven Gerrard has hailed the managerial acumen of Rafael Benitez following Saturday's exciting FA Cup semi-final victory.
Just like he did in last season's Champions League, Benitez outsmarted Jose Mourinho as the Reds secured a memorable 2-1 success at Old Trafford.

And Gerrard believes Premiership champions-elect Chelsea should be worried about the progress Liverpool have made under the Spaniard.

"All week we've prepared for them playing the diamond. They've been doing that for the last few games. We knew our full backs would get a lot of the ball and that's where we tried to hurt Chelsea - on the flanks," says the newly crowned PFA Player of the Year.

"Their idea was to hit the two front men and allow Frank Lampard or Michael Essien up there to collect the bits. But I thought we controlled the middle of the park for 60 minutes. Actually, our game-plan worked to perfection.

"This result proves we are not miles behind Chelsea. Obviously they have a better record against us over the last 10 games, but we've won the two big matches.

"We're progressing. We know Chelsea are a fantastic side with a lot of money behind them and they can go out there and buy whoever they want.

"But Rafa's building something here. We're a very strong team and I think Mourinho should stand up and give us a bit of respect. And I still think we can improve more, both individually and as a team. We can all improve."

nick_anarchy
25-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I cant believe what im hearing. Terry is fekking quality and i hate chelsea with a passion.

Anyone who says otherwise is blinkered. He is defo englands first choice. A proper no nonsense defender

indeed !!!

tbh i dont think gerrard shoul dof won this .. thats my view not cos im a manc or anything like that before dan or anyoen else jumps in and trys to make out .. just cos i dont feel like he has been better than the likes of lampard , terry , even rooney and henry ... but he did win so fair play he is a class player

as for the team of the year .. wtf

ronaldo ow th ehell did he get in i think he had 1 good game last season and that was in the fa cup final defo shouldnt be in the team of the year .. also gallas same again how did he get in .. fair to say with the gk given is a class keeper

french_og
25-04-2006, 02:59 PM
They are in because they are voted by their fellow Premiership players so its probably the best personal award you can win.

Will
25-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Either that or it just proves how thick most footballers are - probably the latter! I mean don't they vote for them in January or something so Chimbonda got in based on 4 months or something - we hadn't played Liverpool once this season by January for a start so it seems slightly flawed to me. Plus it's all about perception, if they do get past Makele then Terry can sweep up and it's easier to get past the first challenge, but Mourinho goes on about Makele being their most important player and I'm sure most footballers don't have his understanding of football.

Plus, they don't even play directly against most players in a team, so how can they really judge?

Will
25-04-2006, 04:04 PM

Do you actually bother to read peoples posts? Where did anyone comment on his quality? I dunno, these closet Man U fans...

djfase
25-04-2006, 06:01 PM
U had a dig about terry earlier in this post fella. Take a look.

I also seem to remember u saying toure is a better defender a little while ago :lol:

Will
26-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Yeah and 10 consecutive clean sheets in europe, playing in an unbeaten season and having the best defensive home record in the league (just our poor away form letting us down) really proves Terry's better doesn't it? Especially since Arsenal are a more attacking team. And that doesn't mean Terry's shit, but you're talking shit again. I suggest YOU read it again, I called him a smug cunt and questioned his honesty, but nowhere did I comment on his quality or lack thereof.

So I suggest you pay a little more attention if you're going to talk shit in future!

nick_anarchy
26-04-2006, 11:27 AM
terry is better than any arsenal defender hands down

Will
26-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Well the facts say different!

nick_anarchy
26-04-2006, 03:51 PM
what your facts ??

phantomdj
26-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah and 10 consecutive clean sheets in europe, playing in an unbeaten season and having the best defensive home record in the league

Am I getting mixed up? You saying Arsenal have the best defensive home record this season or did you mean it as a prem record in the past because this season the home defenise record is as follows (SO FAR)...

home goals conceded

liverpool - 7
man utd - 8
chelsea - 9
arsenal - 11

phantomdj
26-04-2006, 07:30 PM
oh and Chelsea got 4 of those :mad:

djfase
27-04-2006, 06:10 PM
We must all talk shit then fella. Us and the pros, as i see the pfa didnt nominate toure for player of the year but they did terry.

And most of us on here agree terry is quality. I dont know maybe im a chelsea fan aswell :lol:

Will
28-04-2006, 02:23 AM
You defo talk shit, where did I say Terry's not quality? Just because I think Henry's better than Shevchenko doesn't make Shevchenko shit does it? And I bet Toure has a better chance of getting in the Uefa team of the year which is a higher accolade. And I wasn't even the one who compared the 2 in this thread, that was a whole other thread so why are you chatting shit in this one?

278d7e64a374de26f==