PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Giacomotto - Highland Beats #38

Si the Sigh
24-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Oliver Giacomotto - Bassmachine - Highland Beats #38

A: Bassmachine - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/hb038/a/
B: Madness - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/hb038/b/

Not the best Highland Beats release ever, but pretty solid. Quite liking this one.

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 10:10 AM
thought this was pretty shite really, although im not a massive Highland Beats fan at all

The Overfiend
24-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Why do you do that.
It's like a bad funcrush.
Somebody will make a post encouraging discussion
And you throw a lump of poo into the happy crowd wanting to talk about new music.
Hey guys look at my shirt isn't it cool just got it from the store.
And your the guy that drives by screaming fag out the window
driving away with no explanation
but leaving that person insecure to bring up another discussion much less wear the shirt again.

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 10:24 AM
get off your high horse tony its so boring now, a release was posted, i commented

end of

you dont even make sense mate

The Overfiend
24-04-2006, 10:29 AM
High Horse? More like a humility wagon.
I'm not the one saying a release is shite for no reason.
I'm the one happy Si is bringing up a new topic instead of snubbing my nose or biting my thumb to it.

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 10:35 AM
humility wagon? Tony you'd look far more humble if you didnt persistently try and make out that everything is all peaches and cream, people are big enough to look after themselves so if Oliver himself had a problem with me saying its a shite record im sure he'd send me an email. infact why dont you extend the Techno samaritans oversea's, send him an email and tell him or something i dont know, or care for that matter

these guys are sticking out records like once a month and its all the same stuff, no invention, no change, just loops and cheap sounding synth lines, not my thing after like the tenth ep of it

there's my reason

like i said on MSN look after your own stuff and people will look after theres

Si the Sigh
24-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Shut up the pair of ya or i'll lay the smackdown! :lol:

No worries, Eye's doesn't like it. I'll continue to post up tracks here for people to listen to.

The reason why? Same reason I do it in my little acid forum. It lets people listen, and comment. Discuss shit and interact. Good or bad tracks, all talk is good IMO.

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 10:46 AM
exactly

if you only want people to go "wow thats amazing, we all need to have a group wank over this right now" then whats the point?

Si the Sigh
24-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Can I wank now?

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 10:49 AM
no were waiting for a few people to log on si and hook the webcams up mate

Si the Sigh
24-04-2006, 10:50 AM
:lol:

The Overfiend
24-04-2006, 03:39 PM
humility wagon? Tony you'd look far more humble if you didnt persistently try and make out that everything is all peaches and cream, people are big enough to look after themselves so if Oliver himself had a problem with me saying its a shite record im sure he'd send me an email. infact why dont you extend the Techno samaritans oversea's, send him an email and tell him or something i dont know, or care for that matter

these guys are sticking out records like once a month and its all the same stuff, no invention, no change, just loops and cheap sounding synth lines, not my thing after like the tenth ep of it

there's my reason

like i said on MSN look after your own stuff and people will look after theres

If you can sit there and extend your opinion on what you perceive as a bad release, I can extend my opinion on your negative ass comment.

Si the Sigh
24-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Oooh! Saucy... :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 05:31 PM
zip it mate your seriously boring sometimes

BloodStar
24-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I like some gicaomotto early eps, but as Scott already said, it sounds pretty much same, record to record. i would also expect something little different on Highland Beats, than this..

DJ Becka
24-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Out of sheer curiousity, I took a listen to the samples posted and although I would never play these tracks, they arent completely horrible. Definitely not the best Highland release either, but whatever.....not every record that comes out can be a hit.....

No need to get your panties in a bunch.....it's only music ;)

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 06:45 PM
tell us something we dont know!

dirty_bass
24-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Yep, this is ok, stock clubby stuff.
I understand that Highland beats may be going for a more clubby sound, so a giacomoto release doesn`t surprise me too much.
I`m sure the right people will be playing this, ie Marco V, Preach etc.

gary_human
24-04-2006, 08:24 PM
i thought this forum was only for +itive feedback and the like ?

scotty you need your own forum where you can say how much you hate all the techno tracks which are released on all the labels your not into (cant you get your own sticky?)

anyway after reading this thread i listened to the tracks again and (weirdly - wether its out of pity for oliver having his tracks classed as shite I dont know?) i kinda like the tracks more now than i did when listening the other day on juno. The A is definiteley for the crowd and the B would be a good one when the smoke machine and lasers are on about 4am - i expect i will hear these on a dancefloor near me soon!!

The Overfiend
24-04-2006, 08:28 PM
zip it mate your seriously boring sometimes
:finger:

The Overfiend
24-04-2006, 08:30 PM
i thought this forum was only for +itive feedback and the like ?

scotty you need your own forum where you can say how much you hate all the techno tracks which are released on all the labels your not into (cant you get your own sticky?)

anyway after reading this thread i listened to the tracks again and (weirdly - wether its out of pity for oliver having his tracks classed as shite I dont know?) i kinda like the tracks more now than i did when listening the other day on juno. The A is definiteley for the crowd and the B would be a good one when the smoke machine and lasers are on about 4am - i expect i will hear these on a dancefloor near me soon!!

Maybe you said it better than I mate.
But that was the point I was going for

eyeswithoutaface
24-04-2006, 08:33 PM
****ing amazing idea, whose the mod here now?

this needs sorting out ASAP

a thread where i can just rip apart everything i dont like, sounds ****ing fantastic

oh by the way who said i wasnt into Highland Beats? i said i wasnt a massive fan, big difference

and check the forum spiel, it actually says "Say what you want"

how strange!

tekara
25-04-2006, 03:58 AM
I find Giacomotto really knows what hes doing in terms of "production", but sometimes in terms of creativity its rather "okay". I think theres a difference between knowing your equipment and all the functions on the sequencer well, and actually doing something great with it.

But having said that, i still respect the lad for churning out the tunes and making his releases heard. Music is very subjective. I personally didnt like the above track that much, but that doesnt mean some kid in Belgium isnt buying it. I've heard some great quality releases from him in the past, but theres something about the whole sound of this new Giacomotto/DJPreach style of sawtooth bassline that sometimes gives me the creeps, cause it almost sounds a bit trancey. Fair play though. Big ups to the guy.

The Overfiend
25-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Agreed with that Sawtooth sound.

dirty_bass
25-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Well, it is almost trance.
Tech trance.
That`s why all the chicks love them guys.

dan the acid man
25-04-2006, 12:33 PM
not sure on this one, it's ok, but not really feeling it much to be honest

holotropik
25-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I like the Saw....give me heaps of Saw.

278d7e64a374de26f==