PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Vision - Joe Giacomet & Nori

fresh_an_funky_design
26-04-2006, 05:31 PM
New tune by me & Nori, any comments or ideas would be great.

http://www.morepunkthanfunk.com/tunnelvision.mp3

fresh_an_funky_design
26-04-2006, 05:32 PM
by the way just noticed a few small gllitches from when i mp3'd it, so just ignore them!

dirty_bass
26-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Nice.
Pretty solid production too.

There`s some more obvious things in the mix that could do with a little polish.
the conga seems a little raw, could be a little sharper, but maybe it`s a slightly low grade sample?

Also the kick bass area is a little muddy. Maybe try lifting the EQ emphasis on the kick, to a higher frequency area, and pulling out the same frequencies from the bass.

There`s some pads going on in this, providing more melodic content, but they are totally buried in the mix right now.
I`m guessing this was a one day session and your ears were probably tired.

also, those hats are pushing a really uncomfortable frequency somehwere in the top end that would be really painful on a rig, I haven`t got my spec analyser over the mix to check where it is, but it could do with being pulled down.

This is quite good prog, could do with polish, and maybe more direction, but once those pads are more prominent in the mix, it may get that.

fresh_an_funky_design
26-04-2006, 06:55 PM
yeah i see what ure saying bout the hats, played this on a cd deck over a rig, and the high's we're a little piercing. can't really change the production itself much as we made this in his studio but i got all the indiviudal tracks recorded with no compression, eq and reverb so might remix it in pro-tools.

dirty_bass
26-04-2006, 07:21 PM
yeah i see what ure saying bout the hats, played this on a cd deck over a rig, and the high's we're a little piercing. can't really change the production itself much as we made this in his studio but i got all the indiviudal tracks recorded with no compression, eq and reverb so might remix it in pro-tools.

Do it, it will be worth while polishing this up.

Mindful
27-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Pretty sweet dude
Production sounds quite good to me alltho I will echo what has been said about firstly the toms, I feel these could sound a wee bit brighter and have a bit more life.
Also these pads I wanted to be much bigger in the mix(they realy give a nice feel but just seem to quiet to me)
Not realy in to the vocal but thats totaly personal taste.
I realy dig the break beat bits.
This is the sort of thing i can see working with the sort of crowd thats in to Hard dance(yknow like hard trance, hard house, Hardstyle ect)but who like a bit of techno.

fresh_an_funky_design
27-04-2006, 10:14 PM
i was a little unsure about the vocal myself, sometimes i like it sometimes i dont.. depends what mood i'm in. when i re-work this i'll bring the pads out more see what what they sound like.

Mindful
27-04-2006, 10:30 PM
its more what the vocal says that i dont digg mate "do you like the bass"

But as i said totaly a personal thing, Im a boring git who likes my vocals to have meaning(otherwise known as boring)

:)

fresh_an_funky_design
28-04-2006, 12:03 AM
it is a little cheesy!http://www.haroldsplanet.com/cardlist/EO11.gif

xfive
30-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Pretty solid production on here.. tune works well.
I agree with dirty's comments about the freqs.. but those can be sorted out easily.

BloodStar
01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
like this. especially the edits and little breaks are very nice. also that little breakbeat in there is cool.. would love to hear those pads little more up in the mix, as they are really adding something nice to the track, but doesnt sound loud enough to me..
production part of thing is good. the most important was said above.
nice trackk.

techno_smack
02-05-2006, 05:02 PM
pretty good i like the breakbeat bit too , im not so keen on the do u like the bass vocal though

earle
15-05-2006, 11:41 PM
yeah I really liked this, I'm not an expert on production. but I'd have this in my bag as a dj tool. its really driving with the frequent edits. its is funky but fairly minimal and would make a good dj tool

xfive
16-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Production here sounds good
Not keen on the vocal tho, but that's just taste ;)
Rest is nice

fresh_an_funky_design
17-05-2006, 11:53 PM
re-worked this the other day in pro-tools, will post a new version up soon. took as much of the vocal out as poss, and brought the pad out, sounds a lot better cheers for the tips guys

278d7e64a374de26f==