PDA

View Full Version : Lau - Ukebo Techno Track

lau
27-04-2006, 06:34 AM
So this will probably be the last tune I made on my laptop.... flying home within a week...... :cheese:

Cant wait to back in the studio again!!! :rambo:

LINK (www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/Ukebo.mp3)

hope you enjoy!!

:rambo:

Btw one of the things im not sure about is the bass.... always having probs getting it right on the phones..!! so suggestions very much welcome ...

BloodStar
28-04-2006, 01:54 PM
good to hear something little different than your usual stuff. cool. didnt like it on first listen, but its better on more listens :) like all the breaks as the track goes, even i think they could work better when some more weirdness will be added. production wise, nothing special, i would say,. not bad, but in compare to your older tracks this doesnt sound as good.. i would lower that bass little bit, hide it little more under kick with sidechain or EQ. punch on kick is there but doesnt sound well balanced against that bass. just my feels..

Mindful
28-04-2006, 02:19 PM
ooooh you little slut
Love the groovy feel of the bass and realy digg the edits(the one that sounds out of time is dope)this synth/verby sound (or whatever) thats providing the atmosphere is mucho coolio too.
Is different from your usual stuff but still has your vibe about it.
dont realy want to comment on the production at the moment as this systems shite but Ill check at home later.
maybe theres a few things I can hear regarding the mix but like i say will need to listen at home.
Your home next week?

dirty_bass
28-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice to hear something different from you.

I agree with vlasta over the bass/kick separation.
Maybe hats are a touch too loud, as they are a little uncomfortable at high volume.

Nice, I like it, minimal, but not MNML.
Still has drive and punch lacking in most glitch.

lau
29-04-2006, 03:41 AM
Coolio Nice one dudes....

yeah I felt this was a bit different too... bit more standerd stuff..... kinda like the hoompaness of the bazz tho.. but like I said... ive discovered in 7 months on the phones thats the most difficult spectrum to get right....

Anyways the fukkers (my phones) have given up on mn now... so Ill have to do without music for about 2 days... than Ill be back in my studio for some serious music :dance:

cheers for the comments!!!

xfive
30-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Pretty nice n laid back this
I think your kick/bass needs a bit more seperation, and I agree that the hats are a bit piercing, but other than that, cool stuff :newstyle:

278d7e64a374de26f==