PDA

View Full Version : Scolari Next England Boss

french_og
27-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Apparantly The FA arde in Lisbon and have a gentlemans agreement that he will manage England after the World Cup.

What does people think of this, there is no doubting his track record but apparantly he does not speak much English, not sure how that is going to work in the Changing rooms.

Esox Lucius
27-04-2006, 08:56 AM
he does not speak much English

well footballers are not known for their intellect and can probably only just speak decent english themselves :lol:

good gaffer though.

nick_anarchy
27-04-2006, 09:28 AM
im happy if he takes the job , hes a winner at the top level and we need that in a maneger

french_og
27-04-2006, 10:49 AM
We have got the easiest group in the Euro Qualifiers so it may of been a oportunity for a English manager but I'm happy enough with Scolari, not sure how he will enjoy the english weather and culture though - but hey he could have us playing Brazilian Samba Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will
27-04-2006, 04:49 PM
He probably won't be able to spend enough time with the players to achieve that and dunno how many English players are technically gifted enough anyway! But you never know, hopefully we'll play more technical and a lot more attacking football under him, if he does take over. Seems the ideal choice to me, let the English coaches prove themselves and develop more.

djfase
27-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Plus hes won the world cup, so his pedigree is without question

jam
27-04-2006, 06:29 PM
So much for an Englishmen eh?

but aye he'd be the right choice.

DJsmallpaul
27-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Innit, i mean the kind of football teams like brazil & portugal play would not transfer over to an english team.

Aratron
27-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Innit, i mean the kind of football teams like brazil & portugal play would not transfer over to an english team.

do you fancy that bird , mate?

jam
28-04-2006, 06:57 PM
He's turned it down

Esox Lucius
28-04-2006, 07:08 PM
aye said he wants to manage a 'decent team' :lol:

good lad phil, they wont win it with any gaffer and as soon as they are out their fans & the press would turn against him anyway :cheese:

jam
28-04-2006, 07:09 PM
McClaren for England Scolari to the Uefa cup finalists.

jobs a goodun

Traxx
28-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Casn anyone blame him turning it down? the press is a ****in joke in this country. What is even more of a joke if they now go back & give it to a english manager.

Numeric
28-04-2006, 11:19 PM
the tabloid reaction towards the speculation on Scolari was shocking...

who gives a f**k if it's an Englishman...

Steve Bruce's comments were laughable...

i don't blame Scolari for turning down the position, who would want to be hounded by the English press 24/7...

tabloids = s**te

piginabush
28-04-2006, 11:21 PM
McClaren for England Scolari to the Uefa cup finalists.

jobs a goodun

ha ha good lad :lol:

basslinejunkie
29-04-2006, 01:13 AM
bollox to mclaren.hes turd.

Traxx
29-04-2006, 10:05 AM
So are the rest of the English ones.

djfase
29-04-2006, 10:43 AM
What mugs the fa now look. Everyone thinks he will be a british man and then all of sudden they announce they want scolari in a statement and he says he interested.

But the very next day he says he doesnt want the job. PRICK

The football world must be laughing and all this before a major tournament.

Happens everytime with the english

Traxx
29-04-2006, 11:08 AM
It aint scolari's fault its the ****wit press & joke of a FA in this country. now were not gonna get the best man for the job!

Will
29-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, makes you wonder how much better we might have done if it wasn't for the press in this country, all the England fans should stop buying the tabloids at least, but the worrying thing is, it's what sells papers...

I think McLaren would have to be the leading English candidate, he's actually won something, he's in the Uefa cup final and he knows all the players already. It doesn't seem like there's any other foreigners in the running apart from O'Neil and I don't want him, winning the SPL with Celtic is no great achievement and apart from that he's done no more than McLaren, who's English. And he might yet win the Uefa cup (hopefully)!

Could make Pearce or someone no. 2 and groom him as the next boss...

jam
29-04-2006, 01:17 PM
The English F.A are so arrogant this was just waiting to happen.

french_og
29-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Give it to Big Sam, he wants the job and i think he would be a brilliant. We have the easiest Euro qualifying group - my gran could manage England to the top of that group.

xes
29-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Well,Alan Kirbishly has quit Charlton. Leaves at the end of the season. he's been good for them too.

Gives him enough time to become England manager doesn't it. now Scholari's out of the picture,and Alan was being given some pretty good Odds the other day in the scabloids. So I reckon it's gonna be him.

Will
29-04-2006, 07:08 PM
The way Bolton and Charlton have wilted while their managers have been linked with the England job isn't too impressive though, could be telling about how they handle being under close scrutiny, which they will be the whole time if they're England manager, same with Man City.

I just hope Newcastle bring in an English manager, they're about the biggest team likely to do so...

Will
29-04-2006, 07:13 PM
The papers have a bit of a cheek making out it was the all the FA's fault what happened with Scolari when he's said it was because of them, the Sports minister ought to do something about this though I'm sure they won't, it hardly helps they try and hound everyone out of the job and are now hounding away prospective coaches.

xes
29-04-2006, 07:27 PM
The papers have a bit of cheek allright. They're so f*cking 2 faced,the lot of them. One minute they'll root for someone,then they're slagging them off,uncovering "shadey dealings/romances" and then wonder why they go off the boil. See Ashley Cole for details. They're cunts of the highest order,but sadly,and somehow they do make a difference in what goes on. It's got me beat.

dan the acid man
30-04-2006, 01:29 AM
i reckon curbishly is going to get it now, i can't see why else he would have left charlton

djfase
30-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Listen to what he said after charlton game.

He said he was never in the running for england job in the first place and im glad as hes never managed big players and do u reckon he would get the respect of the big players?

Not a chance

Traxx
30-04-2006, 11:35 AM

He said he was never in the running for england job in the first place and im glad as hes never managed big players and do u reckon he would get the respect of the big players?

Not a chance

What English manager has managed big players in big games & won something? errm...errr...hmmm...nah cant think of any!

jam
30-04-2006, 11:47 AM
I honestly dont see how managers that have never won anything or even finished in a champs league possition (or infact managed a big club) can be talked about as England manager.The pressures of managing Bolton or Charlton are hardly the same as managing England.

Before you ask no i dont think McClaren is good enough yet either,i wouldn't mind if he got it tho,coz it'll be more or less the same as it is now.

dan the acid man
30-04-2006, 12:27 PM

Not a chance

oh right, i didn't see that, and like evrybody has said, we have no managers that have the experience with big players.

i think the fa should wait now until after the world cup

jam
30-04-2006, 12:38 PM

Not a chance

oh right, i didn't see that, and like evrybody has said, we have no managers that have the experience with big players.

i think the fa should wait now until after the world cup

Eh? McClaren has had expierance with the biggest name players,dont forget he was assistant at Man utd when they won the champs league.He's also had to deal with the ego's of hasslebaink and Viduka

jam
30-04-2006, 12:39 PM
The rumour is McClaren to england and curbs to boro.

im praying this isnt true

Traxx
30-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Only as a assistant though jam. Hardly carrying the weight on his shoulders was he. But if any of them he'd have the most experience.

dan the acid man
01-05-2006, 03:00 AM
the only guy who can manage the players out of mclaren and alardyce is sam imo, he's done a better job at bolton than mclaren has at boro, plus he's got the right man management style.

i'd still prefer somebody else, but out of the two, he's who i'd pick

french_og
01-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Before Brazil gave the managers job to Scolari - who had he managed, they only just qualified for the world cup but they stuck by him and gave him time and they won the world cup.

Now as I said befoe England have got the easiest Euro qualifying games against 2nd rate players compared to our players so what a good oportunity for one of the English managers to settle in.

I also look at Curbishley and Allardyce and think they are both as good managers as Sven, you know they would not be scared to make important decisions. It is not like Sven tacticts are brilliant - he has stuck with 4-4-2 since he has been there.

jam
01-05-2006, 11:46 AM
the only guy who can manage the players out of mclaren and alardyce is sam imo, he's done a better job at bolton than mclaren has at boro, plus he's got the right man management style.

i'd still prefer somebody else, but out of the two, he's who i'd pick

eh? how the **** has he done better at Bolton? id rather win trophies and be in finals then finish 6th of 7th every season.

done better with bolton what a load of crap

Traxx
01-05-2006, 11:59 AM
lol

french_og
01-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Mclaren has had loads of money to spend where Bolton have no money. Sam has worked miracles there and if he left that club they would probably get relegated. Mclaren has done well at Boro but you can't compare the two, I doubt there i another manager about that could of done as well as Sam Allardyce at Bolton.

french_og
01-05-2006, 03:37 PM
And Jam, it was only a couple of months ago you were saying Mclaren was the worst manager ever and calling for his head.

DJsmallpaul
01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Haha

Will
01-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but wheeling and dealing is hardly necessary in international football, he's done well persuading some decent players to join them, but that's about it. Boro almost got relegated before McLaren took over, so to actually win something and do well in europe is pretty good going. And he's done well bringing the likes of Downing through. He's got a good record in cup competitions, reaching the FA cup semi too, he's proven himself in europe to a degree, unlike the others and he's got more experience with big name players like Mendietta, not to mention the England and Man U players as assistant.

Those are the things you should look at and he's got the best track record in those area's.

Will
01-05-2006, 07:41 PM
I mean he's proven he can adapt to different styles of football in europe which is the big one for me.

dan the acid man
01-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Mclaren has had loads of money to spend where Bolton have no money. Sam has worked miracles there and if he left that club they would probably get relegated. Mclaren has done well at Boro but you can't compare the two, I doubt there i another manager about that could of done as well as Sam Allardyce at Bolton.

thanks, plus people who see what hes got going at bolton say its remarkable what he's achieved.

dan the acid man
01-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I mean he's proven he can adapt to different styles of football in europe which is the big one for me.

you shouldn't need to adapt, brazil dont, france don't, so why should we ?

we've shown in the past when we play different formations, we play shite

Will
02-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't mean formation-wise, I mean being able to defend against different styles of football and score against teams who defend differently etc, that sort of thing, every team in England with the possible exception of Arsenal play the same type of football, so european experience is important, since they play different styles abroad...

jam
03-05-2006, 06:20 PM
And Jam, it was only a couple of months ago you were saying Mclaren was the worst manager ever and calling for his head.

Nothing has changed i still want him out,thats the reason i want him to get the England job.I just dont rate Bolton either,boring as **** football.At least McClaren has won a trophy and occasionally gets the team playing good Football.

Allderdyce is in the O'neill school of managers,where everyone thinks they are mint when they have done **** all.Bolton have also spent a fair bit on daft signing on fee's and huge wages.He has never had to deal with any sort of pressure nor has he dealt with big name players.To say he has done more than McClaren to me is laughable.

jam
03-05-2006, 06:21 PM

Nothing has changed i still want him out,thats the reason i want him to get the England job.I just dont rate Bolton either,boring as **** football.At least McClaren has won a trophy and occasionally gets the team playing good Football.

Allderdyce is in the O'neill school of managers,where everyone thinks they are mint when they have done **** all.Bolton have also spent a fair bit on daft signing on fee's and huge wages.He has never had to deal with any sort of pressure nor has he dealt with big name players.To say he has done more than McClaren to me is laughable.

278d7e64a374de26f==