PDA

View Full Version : reverb on the low end?

Decimal
27-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I like the sound of reverb of a big fat kick drum, it sounds like it fills in a lot of space and gives it some oomph.

I figure that putting some reverb on anything in the low end can cause some serious mud. is it even a good idea? should i filter out some of the low end on the reverb (from a send track)?

any suggestions on working with this?

rhythmtech
27-04-2006, 11:47 PM
i usually use an insert on my kick so i can shape it to suit the kick and the kick only. i'll duplicate the kick and add reverb at 100% mix to one channel but leave it off the other. thus i have more control over the mix. also a high pass filter on the verb is essential as it can get very very muddy down there.
also use your very best verb on the kick as it really brings out the overall low end feel of the track.

dirty_bass
28-04-2006, 12:01 AM
I rarely apply verb to a kick, but when I do, I apply separate eq over the verb itself to shape it into the mix.

RDR
28-04-2006, 07:52 AM
I rarely apply verb to a kick, but when I do, I apply separate eq over the verb itself to shape it into the mix.

Aye.

FILTERZ
28-04-2006, 10:20 AM
just say no

personally

stjohn
28-04-2006, 01:38 PM

so how do you Eq an insert?? send track no bother, but wouldnt a eq after an insert just apply it to the overall kick track?

dirty_bass
28-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I don`t use an insert but a send effect.
Over the send I will have a reverb, some eq and maybe a light bit of compression. This would only be used for the kick.
You could also do it by send the kick to the master out and a bus and having the effect and eq on the bus.

Decimal
28-04-2006, 04:46 PM
great help here. thanks.

278d7e64a374de26f==