PDA

View Full Version : villain - in gently

xfive
28-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Just posting this up from work. Looks like I've got a few new tracks to check when I get home ;)

This is some dubstep concoction I made up in a couple hours the other day.
Still needs some more work as far as embellishments go, but the meat is there.

http://iterativemusic.com/~chris/tmp/villain_-_in_gently002.mp3

Mindful
28-04-2006, 08:19 PM
I LOVE YOU

Mindful
28-04-2006, 08:20 PM
realy inspiring music mate.
makes me want to stop pissing about with the crap I do and make some proper music

BloodStar
30-04-2006, 09:34 AM
interesting tune. i like the slow lazy feeling and the huge vibe. would like to hear this on a big system, i bet this bass would blow me away,. nice.

z99
30-04-2006, 10:28 PM
despite pleasantly dirty percussion great clarity is maintained throughout // i lack some dynamics so it doesn't quite move me entirely (however i'm without a sub here) but the vibe is present // i'd like to hear drum'n'bass remix anyhow;)

Evil G
03-05-2006, 02:06 AM
digging the direction your tunes have taken lately. there is something sinister about this. any plans to add some creepy spoken word to this? :eyes:

lau
03-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah this is cool......

I've just woken up..... and it goes really really nicely with a cup of cofffee and a joint...!!!

Production sounds cool to me.... bass is dope!!!

the tune has a creepy/melancholic feel to it..... nice!!!

BRADLEE
03-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Really cool stuff Kris. Quite proper down tempo darkness. Give me a load more like this to chill to, and I will smoke until I fall into a como. Great chilled out atmosphere within the whole project. Can't wait to hear the final product.

dirty_bass
03-05-2006, 06:26 PM
This is dopeness.
not really dubstep as it doesn`t have the punch for the dancefloor.
Not that this is a bad thing, this is totally it`s own thing, dark, soulful downtempo perfect for film this is possibly one of my fave pieces of work by you.
The production is sick.
no, I mean SICK.

totally where we should be going with the whole singularity project. Open henre dark electronics.

It`s great being mates with someone who can expand and go beyond!!!!

dirty_bass
03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
open genre.

who the **** is henre?

xfive
03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
haha you guys are too much :blush:

I think the only thing I want to do is beef up the midrange percussion a bit
But we'll see...

Got another one that's a tad different cooking.

Cheers :toast:

xfive
03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
despite pleasantly dirty percussion great clarity is maintained throughout // i lack some dynamics so it doesn't quite move me entirely (however i'm without a sub here) but the vibe is present // i'd like to hear drum'n'bass remix anyhow;)

No sub?!?!

:shock: :shock:

Need to fix that dude :eyes:

stjohn
04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
this is lovely mate.... perfect for the morning!! the progression is spot on and the sounds are all crisp (on lappy speakers at the mo). there is a very present darkness going on too which makes it very ambiguous in a good way, playing with the senses :)

well done chris man, ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==