PDA

View Full Version : Billie Blaze - Dark Side

bblaze
28-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Here's a track I put together last night.. about 6 hours of work on it so far.. I figured i haven't really posted on here yet, so what better way to introduce myself..

http://209.200.89.89/bblaze_darkside.mp3

feedback would DEFINATELY be appreciated.. You can't even imagine how bad it sucks to live in a place 0 respect for techno!

and.. shameless BSP.. check out my website.. www.milkrecordings.com some mixes up, and our old releases are on there.. New release coming soon w/ DDR & Martyn Hare remixes!

fresh_an_funky_design
30-04-2006, 02:07 PM
nice track, listened to this on my lap top speakers so might be wrong, but to me it sounded like there was no bassline, just a big kick w/reverb. this kind of tune could really do with a nice round bassline especially when the synth come in. it'd really help with the groove of the tune. to be honest i wasn't that into the tune when the synth came in... not really for my tastes. rest of the production sounded good though.

bblaze
30-04-2006, 04:50 PM
hmm.. there's an off-note bassline it's just a sampled little piece to help it chug along.. thanks for the input!

fresh_an_funky_design
30-04-2006, 05:36 PM
as i said my laptop speakers are hardly great for refrence

bblaze
30-04-2006, 07:16 PM
troo troo.. after listening to it in the car all night, i'm thinking the bass needs to come up.. and maybe put the eq a little higher and the acid and percussive loop need to come down a little in volume.. lemme know what you guys think..

now if i could just get my ass out of bed, i could sit there and do edits all day on it.. lol

xfive
30-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Well this sounds like it would work pretty well on the floor.
I think production wise the bass could go for a big cranking, as the low end and top end are a little misbalanced.
Also the whole mix sounds a bit cold. Try to get some more warmth in there :)

BloodStar
01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
quite nice track. i like some ideas in it, but production wise this sound a bit cold, lacking some more warmth. Looks like there was too much HP filter applied to all the sounds and they are now quite thin. i would also check the levels, as i hear some inbalance,especially in breaks and also when that big reverbed kick hits in... would love to hear this, when properly produced as it could be veery nice track.

bblaze
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
wikkid feedback guys! so it sounds like i'm being to strict with my eq'ing overall.. and a little more work on the mixdown from there.. i knew i posted here for some reason..

BRADLEE
01-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Liking it man. Reminds me of Glenn's work with a touch of acid influence as well to it. Tis something I would drop in a tekno set of mine as well.

bblaze
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
haha.. sounds like you've nailed my influences

dan the acid man
04-05-2006, 10:04 PM
yeah, the overall feel of the track is quite good, but as everybody else has said, the eq needs a bit of work, the bass needs bringing out more and warming up.

some of the highs could do with sharpening up so they shine more

278d7e64a374de26f==