PDA

View Full Version : BoyConstrictor - Downtempo Track

lau
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Well... back in my studio again...... :cheese:

Found out all the tracks I made on my laptop and phones sounded like sh*t on my monitors... lol so wont bother to try and fix em....

So I started something new today... still in the early stages... its kinda slow tho..haha slowest thing Ive done so far.... Guess my brain will have to get used to the dutch smoke again coz its working at 1/3 of its normal speed now..haha

Anyways..... The link is right HERE (http://www.boyconstrictor.com/~lau/tracks/MinderisMeer.mp3)

Hope you enjoy...

:rambo:

stjohn
04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
this is nice grooving stuff! its takes a while to get going at the start, but its holds up as the song progresses. it could maybe use a few more sounds, but in saying that, it is what it is, which is a downbeat groover.

im listening on a laptop so i couldnt comment on the production!! sounds good from here tho!!

BRADLEE
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I think it could use a bit more sounds going on as well homie. Everything in there gels quite nicely, but just doesn't seem to have much progression in my opinion. I think building a few nice little atmospheres for in the background would really keep this thing pushing along. Just my opinio though homie.

dirty_bass
04-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Welcome back to the joys of studio work!!!

Production on this is sweet mate.

Maybe there could be a little more going on in this, but to be honest, I was enjoying the space and depth in this, and the solid as **** groove, so I really didn`t get bored at all.

Nice changes, lovely juxtapositions in the stereo field, from wide to narrow, has a great effect on the psyche.
Bassline could maybe come up just a touch.

Good work, definitely inspired by our queen sensi, to my ears anyway. Back with the dutch dub ey!!!!

lau
05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
HAHA....

Cheers for the comments!!!

Really happy the production sounds cool... so that means I dont need loads of time to get adjusted to my monitors again.....

Yeah it is kinda empty isnt it !? Guess that maybe comes a bit with the style of the track tho... will see if I can find a sound that really adds something....

Brad:

I kinda expected this not to be your favourite..hahaha well.. its not the stuff I normally make.. but you should try it too some day.... its a total chilled out experience making stuff like this... haha... (dont need the high volumes too.. which saves the ears a bit.... ;) )

BRADLEE
05-05-2006, 05:56 PM
HAHA....
Brad:

I kinda expected this not to be your favourite..hahaha well.. its not the stuff I normally make.. but you should try it too some day.... its a total chilled out experience making stuff like this... haha... (dont need the high volumes too.. which saves the ears a bit.... ;) )

Yeah I feel yah amigo, but it's just not my style to make. Perhaps something else a bit more offbeat when I go to the slower tempos. Guess I just have to be in the right mood my brother...Usually my life is sort of chaotic, so I think my musik reflects such...

And actually I've been doing a little bit of wierd stuff lately, I just haven't finished any of it :lol:

Let me hear some more tracks when time provides my friend. Always good to have a listen to what you make Lau.

audioinjection
05-05-2006, 08:11 PM
dude......this is real nice!

i like it just how it is man, funky and groovin minimal tech-house (i guess haha)

good stuff lau!

lau
05-05-2006, 08:20 PM
i like it just how it is man, funky and groovin minimal tech-house (i guess haha)

Aw fuk... I was trying to make funky and groovin ass-shakin' minimal tech-house.... Guess I got really close tho...

haha... ennieways tnx for the feedback.....!!

:cheese:

Mindful
06-05-2006, 08:52 PM
DL now
Ive not been on the net for about a week so ive got a fair bit of listening to tracks to do tonight

this one first fukko:)
Glad your home.

Mindful
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Mate this is mint
Love the vibe so much and was so locked in to this groove.
Love all the synths and stuff.
Funny how you can do somthing minimal sounding when your sound is usualy quite hard and industrial like and understand it so well.

Production is so so nice.

You deserve a pair of Stevei Voidlosses funkerpants my man.

xfive
16-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Ah yes
Very nice dood
Stripped down but without the cold digital spaghetti that most minimal/tech stuff is using these days.
I cranked it up louuuud because it pleased me so.

More please! :toast:

278d7e64a374de26f==