PDA

View Full Version : It's Mclaren for England !

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2006, 04:11 PM
He'll do i suppose :cool: prefered big Sam like but Mclaren is well capable i think.

Happy then ?

Traxx
04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Not arsed. Id rather it of been hiddink or someone.

french_og
04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
I think he will do ok but he is just another 'Yes' man. Sam had no chance really for the same reason Brian Clough never got the england job cuz he does not mind speaking his mind.

Would of liked a change as can't see much changing under Mclaren than under Sven.

Frank Dogshit
04-05-2006, 04:35 PM
and theres me hoping it was gonna be steve cotterill. ;)

Esox Lucius
04-05-2006, 04:43 PM
new boro manager then?

no doubt martin o'neill will be getting linked with it like every other job :cheese:

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2006, 04:56 PM
and theres me hoping it was gonna be steve cotterill. ;)

One day pal, you mark my words ;)

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Nothing much is gonna change under McLaren is there ?

lukekendall
04-05-2006, 05:41 PM
what a load of shit, the whole point of getting rid of sven as he had no balls then we get this ginger prick

CRAP!!!!!!!! :roll:

Will
04-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Give the man a chance! Otto Rehagel's the only man better who might have taken it in the end I reckon, and at least he's English and not as defensive as Rehagel.

Esox Lucius
04-05-2006, 06:11 PM
what a load of shit, the whole point of getting rid of sven as he had no balls then we get this ginger prick

a ginger prick who has taken boro to the uefa cup final, who has had experience with big players when he was at united and has been taught by probably the best gaffer of recent days, give the man a chance.

djfase
04-05-2006, 07:04 PM
It was gonna be him from the moment big phil pulled out and so its progression thru sven to mclaren.

Cant see there beng may changes n the setup with players as i think he will choose who sven chooses

jam
04-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Get in,totally buzzing.

I think things will change at England like coz when everyone was fit at Boro he played an attacking style,so i think it will be more attack minded under him.

Just pray to god we dont get either O'niell,Curbs,Fat sam or Sven as our manager.

Aratron
04-05-2006, 07:51 PM

a ginger prick who has taken boro to the uefa cup final, who has had experience with big players when he was at united and has been taught by probably the best gaffer of recent days, give the man a chance.

wise words esox, i notice man utd were in a lot better form when he was with them. hes done well with boro and has stacks of england experience already, and knows all the england club managers and our game. good choice.

DJsmallpaul
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM

wise words esox, i notice man utd were in a lot better form when he was with them.

Exactly, United have done **** all without him.

dan the acid man
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
well now he's been appointed i'll get behind him, like i do with most managers

basslinejunkie
04-05-2006, 09:35 PM
hes s*ite.tatically inpet.he gets to a cup final and everyone suddenly thinks hes the bollox.

Esox Lucius
04-05-2006, 09:57 PM
hes s*ite.tatically inpet.he gets to a cup final and everyone suddenly thinks hes the bollox.

not saying he is an amazing talent, but he is english, it's what the majority of ingerland fans wanted, he's not a bad gaffer though, give him a chance, alright if he ****s up he ****s up, but I think he will do well.

Esox Lucius
04-05-2006, 10:00 PM
that's one of the reasons england don't win things, they have got the talent but there is too much expected of them, and too much of managers & players being slagged off by fans & the media,

Will
04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Indeed. Let's not forget Boro have twice come back from 3-0 down to win 4-3 on aggregate to reach the final, and beat all the big teams in the prem, so he must have the ability to either change things round or instill the belief in the players they can change things round.

Will
04-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Get in,totally buzzing.

I think things will change at England like coz when everyone was fit at Boro he played an attacking style,so i think it will be more attack minded under him.

Just pray to god we dont get either O'niell,Curbs,Fat sam or Sven as our manager.

Or Souness! Undisputed king of the unwanted managers!

basslinejunkie
05-05-2006, 12:42 AM
personally i just think he'l carry on where erickson left off.in other words,shite football that win never win us anything.dont get me wrong il be chuffed if he shuts me up,but i just cant se eit happening

Numeric
05-05-2006, 12:48 AM
i think he'll do alright, and wish him the best...

Sven is a complete w**ker and goodridance...

piginabush
05-05-2006, 12:51 AM
bassline..... when Sven was in charge and things werent going right, who was it you saw on the touchline, shouting at the players, trying to change things around with the system??? McClaren!!!

Why would he suddenly start playing negative boring football (a la Sven) when its already been pointed out that we have come back from 3-0 down on aggregate recently to get to the final of the UEFA cup in only our 2nd EVER Season???

As a Boro fan I obviously take notice of our tactics and formations more than most, occasionally when a team lines up you sort of go "eh????!!!!!" but mid game, when things NEED to be changed around he makes the little tweaks that make a difference and bamboozle the opposition.

England 2-0 down with 30 mins left, could you imagine Sven having Rooney, Owen, Defoe and Crouch all on at the same time (as Steve did in our UEFA Games with 4 forwards chasing the game!!)

jam..... you havent left many managers out of that list..... who do you WANT to see at the Riverside come the summer???

Will
05-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Capello! I bet Sven goes to Real now, he'll be the only one on their shortlist without a job... They should get Del Bosque back I reckon, if he'd go back.

So will all the NE teams be looking for new managers and in the end it was the Midland teams who were shit? WBA and the Brummies relegated and Villa are 16th or something... Dunno if the Sunderland manager's just temp or not?

french_og
05-05-2006, 07:34 AM
I didn't want Mclaren at all but now he is there I hope he does really well - of course if he does well England does well.

Would like to see him change things slightly, and try different formations in Friendlies as Sven stuck to 4-4-2 whatever. Think he has the luxery of a very easy Euro Qualifying group so should be able to bed himself in - if not he will get the chop!

Will
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
At least we didn't get that cunt Big Sam with his non-football and teams of thugs!

french_og
05-05-2006, 02:00 PM
According to Jaime Redknapp most players wanted Big Sam and are really impressed by him. Personally i like listening to him talking about football. Bolton are about 10 points clear of Boro in the league and Bolton have not big names in their team so he must be doing something right.

jam
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
jam..... you havent left many managers out of that list..... who do you WANT to see at the Riverside come the summer???

No offence or out but a true boro fan would notice a huuuuuge name i missed off that list.

Esox Lucius
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM

No offence or out but a true boro fan would notice a huuuuuge name i missed off that list.

bryan robson? :eh:

jam
05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Tony Mowbray

Esox Lucius
05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
ahh right, even if he is ex celtic? :cheese: done alright with hibs like.

piginabush
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM

sly dig fella :roll:

mogga hasnt got enough experience IMO..... maybe when this manager has been and gone then yes, but not yet i reckon

jam
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM

sly dig fella :roll:

mogga hasnt got enough experience IMO..... maybe when this manager has been and gone then yes, but not yet i reckon

more experience then mcclaren or robson had when they took the job.

jam
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
ahh right, even if he is ex celtic? :cheese: done alright with hibs like.

I like to erase the fact that he played for celtic from my memory,he's a boro legend.

278d7e64a374de26f==