PDA

View Full Version : Can any of you Australians/New Zealanders help me out???

MARKEG
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
It's looking like lucky old me is about to get a booking accepted Nov 25th for the Earthcore Festival :) But I'm thinking it might be best to organise a tour rather than just fly in for a few days purely for this festival. Whenever I've been over Aus b4, it's always been the flights which have crippled ppl, but hopefully if we can get a few gigs then this isnt an issue for anyone.

Who are the best promoters over there?

Any ideas anyone? It's been a while since I was last out there so I'm a little stuck as who I should ask Chrissi to contact...

Oh and also what are the best Aussie forums to put posts about this on?

If it get's sorted I'll put ya on my guest list and maybe, just maybe bring you over a few cans of Stella so you don't have to drink that Fosters crap heheheh :)

dj casualty
06-05-2006, 03:35 PM
post this on www.ush.net mark as i know for sure there are
a couple of guys on there from new zealand who are into
techno

holotropik
07-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Never drink Fosters anyway. We send that shit OS coz its no good here.....hehehehe.

Ummm, I will pass the info around. See what happens.
Best site would be http//:www.inthemix.com.au

Ginjin
07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Pm PunK on here Mark...she will be able to help you out getting in touch with the 909 crew here in melbourne and possibly the swarm crew in Sydney.
I shoot her a email to see if I can get her on here.

machina
08-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey mark - i can get you in touch with the 909 guys here in melbourne and the swarm guys in sydney... shoot me a pm and i'll send ya some details...

machina

machina
08-05-2006, 02:03 AM
p.s. earthcore are notorious for being arseholes about letting their guests play elsewhere (and being arses in general :) )... you may need to be careful/keep it a little quiet

machina

machina
08-05-2006, 02:53 AM
oh yeah - enchanted forest is the other big outdoor it's worth getting in touch with... traditionally the weekend after earthcore so lotsa people play both. i know chad who runs the thing a little bit, so will try and find some contact details for them too...

machina

machina
08-05-2006, 03:11 AM
oh and hit up Craig McW on here about the mtc parties... i would have put this all in one post, but i'm quite spastic on monday mornings.

machina

Craig McW
08-05-2006, 04:55 AM
You will need to contact Earthcore and make sure they don't lock you into an exclusive contract, cos they'll shut you down quick smart if you book yourself elsewhere.

Craig McW
08-05-2006, 05:09 AM
That said, we ccan definitely negotiate a Melbourne techno show. Myself and three mates run a monthly techno party and have had the odd special guest play with much success, it's not huge, but we're the only dedicated techno crew in Melbourne.

PM me to discuss if you're interested.

Craig McW
08-05-2006, 05:15 AM
http://www.melbournetechnocollective.com.au/about.htm

Could've done this all in one post also, something about Monday morning.

holotropik
08-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Monday mornings are not too good for peeps in Melbourne, esp when it starts to get colder temps and heads into winter....:P

hehehe.

machina
08-05-2006, 08:07 AM
winters good for me. i go funny in the heat. was the most annoying whinging cunt all through summer - especially that ****ing 48 degree new years eve* we just had.

* DISCLAIMER - actual temperature may have been a bit less but as far as i'm concerned it was at least 70 degrees celsius

machina

Craig McW
08-05-2006, 08:11 AM
NYE was a little out of control... but I spent the evening in a wading pool drinking cocktails & L.I.I.T's... so I no complain.

dirty_bass
08-05-2006, 11:51 AM
If the man is bringing stella with him, don`t let him in your country.
Next thing you know, you`ll have a country full of Ben sherman shirt wearing, Nike Cap sporting, Reebok Classics wearing Chavs, running around your town centres, beating each other up.

Si the Sigh
08-05-2006, 12:25 PM
:lol:

force
08-05-2006, 02:11 PM
......and they'll all be 'wannabe DnB mc's

dirty_bass
08-05-2006, 07:41 PM
......and they'll all be 'wannabe DnB mc's
You know`s it.
hehe

dirty_bass
08-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey mark, also try contacing the resident advisor people.
http://residentadvisor.net

they may be able to help out as well.

samba
10-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Heya Mark

If ur lookin for a show in New Zealand u could try PM DJMaya on here... He is good mates with Henry and has played with him and Jethro back in NZ...

Dunno how much hes promoting these days but positively worth a shot if ur shizzle is affordabledizzle :)

278d7e64a374de26f==