PDA

View Full Version : BloodStar-SecretBox-X---!?

BloodStar
06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
heya,

even i've got bunch some unfinished tracks i need to finish, i started to work on something new again,.

i see i will need to balance the levels more preciselly,. i did some simple pre-mster, and now when i am playing this in winamp, i see the breaks are littlelouder than i wanted to be,. hmm. also some fills and edits will be done,.so take this as a first version.. any pointers appreciated,,.thanks all. i love u :)))

http://www.bloodstar.info/donwloads/BloodStar-SecretBoxX-192.mp3

BloodStar
06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
http://www.bloodstar.info/downloads/BloodStar-SecretBoxX-192.mp3

Mindful
06-05-2006, 10:10 PM
DL now

Mindful
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey Vlast.

This I feel can be such a good track with some work.
realy feeling the synths and this pad that the track starts with is very very cool.
Realy loved the break and allways enjoy your arrangments(cause they are a bit different)
As you said to me there seems to be a problem with the compression as it sounds realy great when the kick and bass are absent but not so good when they are present(alltho it does sound nice and punchy)
this maybe a personal taste thing but I think you should ditch the kick and bass you have at present and create a new groove for the core of the track, personaly I would realy love to hear a break beat, some sub and a little 2 beat tom pattern(quite specific eh lol)
Of course Im prone to be full of shit so ignoring what I say may be better advice mate:)
I just think this would realy suit the rest of what you have which I realy realy like.

BRADLEE
08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
link not found :crybaby:

lau
08-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah man sounds dope....

Think the bass could come a bit more to the front tho... to get the groove....

Love the beat!!! Its fonky as fuk!!!

:rambo:

BloodStar
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
thx guys. glad you likwe the basic idea.. I did a little beer session in my studio on Sunday,so now i dont know exactly how it sounds, lol.

as iremember,. i will need to check the levels and also compression on master buss. maybe there will be some in balance, and thats why it is louder and cleaner in breaks and and no so good when kick is present.

Good tips Steve,. maybe i will try something like that.. :eyes:

i will need to check the bass little better. thats my pain, that i am hiding basses little too much, dont know why..

thx both.

dirty_bass
11-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey there Vlasta.
I like all the mid range sounds in this, nice and hypnotic, with nice spacial movement.
I really don`t like the hardhouse style bassline, something more funky and less rigid would be nicer.
There`s some pads in there that could be fulller in the mix I think.
I`d say your production levels are generally getting more unified now, and your mix is sounding much better defined overall.

Nice tune overall though, quite clubby, but with nice little twists.

MITA
11-05-2006, 08:47 AM
d/loading ;)

BloodStar
11-05-2006, 10:07 AM
thx Steve man,,

you are right with that bass,. the first thing which came to my mind when i listened to it yesterday, that i need to rework that oompah offbeat bass. and make into some little more complex and funky...

anyway thanx for the comments on production.as i sometimes feel lack of creativity and ideas, i am just trying to work harder on production things,,,tweedling synths, plugs,efx,,and so on.
cheerss..

MITA
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM
yes,i like this crazy melo that sweeps all around from the start..
those strings to call them that are fine also loooking at the composition of the track itself.

pretty jacking low end.production is looking coolio in my earz.ya stylee
nice work man

xfive
16-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah I agree with Steve here, nice bits, but the bass could be funkier and different.
Good start tho :)

278d7e64a374de26f==