PDA

View Full Version : BA forum member: T - techno mix cd review

Col
06-09-2003, 12:02 PM
toms mix began nicley, and progressed well with tom throwing up some nice energetic techno with a hard edge, although the flow of the mix was disturbed when he dropped "supression" by the anxious on submissions, i felt the track was a little too intense and energetic so early on, the track that followed didnt hold the same level of intensity or energy. after that the mix progressed reasonably well, regaining the hard edge, but losing the energy that started the mix, although the energy again began to pickup towards the end.

unfortunatley i didnt get the chance to listen to the last 4/5 tracks due to the limitations of the cd. i also know that tom didnt really plan the cd, he was playing tracks that he had only just bought, so dont take a minor critiscm of programming to heart.

toms mixing was of the highest quality, consistent throughout, it was tighter than a kittens arse (not that ive ever tryed forcing the entry of a kitten!) toms mixing really was proffesional, top class stuff. that wasnt the end of toms technical ability he exercised his ability to cut in & out of tracks to a good standard, although late on in the cd i felt it got a bit over adventurous at one point.

overall the mix was well executed, with tom showing off exellent technical ability of a proffesional standard, i felt there was a minor fault in the programming, but thats understandable considering the fact that you had only just purchased the records and the mix wasnt really planned. i enjoyed the records that you chose to play, as its my prefered style of techno also. yet another good addition to my cd collection

marks out of 10: 8 :D

you can catch tom on wed the 24th of october @ the goldsmiths tavern, new cross rd SE14. 8PM-2AM admission is free! (i even plugged your gig for you man!)

Esox Lucius
06-09-2003, 12:38 PM
who is tom?

Esox Lucius
06-09-2003, 12:39 PM
ahhh tom is T :oops:

any chance of a copy T?

Col
06-09-2003, 01:14 PM
ahhh tom is T :oops:

any chance of a copy T?

yeah its T downie :wink:

The Overfiend
06-09-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm waiting on my copy

T
08-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback Col, is much appreciated.

Col
08-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback Col, is much appreciated.

not a problem tom, a very good cd mate :wink:

The Overfiend
09-09-2003, 12:58 AM
Just got my copy in the mail, and I'm bumping it rediculously on the jersey turnpike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==