PDA

View Full Version : The England Squad

french_og
08-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Provisional squad:
Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).

macca
08-05-2006, 04:28 PM
haha just made a topic abar this as well :lol:

macca
08-05-2006, 04:29 PM
will post what i put in there :razz:

wtf is up with erickson! walcott shock no bent or defoe wtf! and hargreaves is shite some seriously bad choices there

french_og
08-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Some little surprises in there like Walcott but he is unknown and could take these international sides by surprise. Think it is a positive squad by Eriksson with Downing and Lennon in there.

Think maybe he could of squeezed Defoe in there instead of Hargreaves or Jenus.

DJsmallpaul
08-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Young Theo :shock:

french_og
08-05-2006, 04:33 PM
I think Hargreaves can play but he always get played out of position for England and he is never gonna get in ahead of Gerrard Lampard or Carrick in the centre.

I have a feeling he could end up playing Joe Cole up front with Owen if fit and playing Downing on the left.

DJsmallpaul
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Some little surprises in there like Walcott but he is unknown and could take these international sides by surprise. Think it is a positive squad by Eriksson with Downing and Lennon in there.

Think maybe he could of squeezed Defoe in there instead of Hargreaves or Jenus.

I agree cause Defoe has scored a few crackers for England & looks dangerous in & around the box, he also has pace & could be a good super sub.

nick_anarchy
08-05-2006, 04:46 PM
some nice young players in there im happy with that squad ... lennon , Downing both lookin like quality players .. be interesting

Esox Lucius
08-05-2006, 05:01 PM
he should have been taking defoe & darren bent defo.

crouch hahahahahahaha wont even make the knockout stages

:lol:

nick_anarchy
08-05-2006, 05:04 PM
i think the key to the side will be joe cole .. we need him to create for the front 2 and with lampard on top form aswell

french_og
08-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Unfortuantely he is the only option of a target man we have, there is no way you could play Defoe & Owen or Owen & bent as they bother play off the last shoulder.

I think Crouch can upset teams, The Argies are not gonna like try to mark him.

Come on ENGLAND!!! I'm getting excited now, can wait!!!!

nick_anarchy
08-05-2006, 05:17 PM
tbh when crouch has been on the pitch for england hes done ok we know gerrard pumps long balls in the air and lampard has quality passin too also with beckham and his crossing he can score a few if he uses his hight ..

tbh iv i was sven i would of picked fowler ... hes proven , yes hes been a flop at leeds and city but he can come on for the part of games and he knows where the goal is unlike strikers like defoe and one season wonder bent both of them aint the right quality for the world cup i think ...

french_og
08-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I bet if every single one of us would have a different 23 if we had to pick everyone has different opions.

jam
08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
That squad is a joke,two strikers that wont have full match fitness,a big lanky idiot and a kid who hasn't even started (or come on as a sub for that matter) a premiership game.Owen Hargreaves is nick named the grab and he has no pace at all.Jermaine Jenas just strolls about like a ****ing peacock with out actually doing anything.

Glad to see Downing and Lennon in the squad.

djfase
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Sven is a cunt

Walcott wont be any good for a few more years yet and fair play for picking lennon, but not right before a major tournament?

And for picking hargreaves when cud have had another striker? The lad is shit and only gets picked cos he playes for a big club

We are severely lacking goals to win a tournament

Aratron
08-05-2006, 08:38 PM
why doesn't Robbie Fowler get a recall?

Hakka
08-05-2006, 08:43 PM
That squad is a joke,two strikers that wont have full match fitness,a big lanky idiot and a kid who hasn't even started (or come on as a sub for that matter) a premiership game.Owen Hargreaves is nick named the grab and he has no pace at all.Jermaine Jenas just strolls about like a ****ing peacock with out actually doing anything.

Glad to see Downing and Lennon in the squad.

hahah...

yeah I agree mate.

Darrent Bent or Jermaine Defo should have gone instead of Walcott. Young Theo is a great talent, but if you've never played a Premiership game, surely the biggest international tournement in the world is a bit too much? - He will be shitting bricks, he's going from playing a handful of games against clubs in the Championship to competing against the worlds best! :eh:

I'd love Theo to be massive shock and play well, but its a ****ing massive gamble. If it doesn't pay off Sven will look an ever bigger bit.

Hakka
08-05-2006, 08:45 PM

Well he knows where the back of the net is at least.

nick_anarchy
09-05-2006, 11:30 AM

Well he knows where the back of the net is at least.

thats what i said

278d7e64a374de26f==