PDA

View Full Version : VOODOO SAT MAY 27 FEAT. JOEY BELTRAM

Bugger
08-05-2006, 05:18 PM
VOODOO AND CARLING ACADEMY PRESENTS

SAT MAY 27 (NOTE DATE CHANGE)

10-4AM

VERY SPECIAL GUEST JOEY BELTRAM (TRESOR)
STEVE SHIELS
BRENDAN LONG

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OUT OF OUR CONTROL WE HAVE HAD TO MOVE FROM FRIDAY 26TH MAY TO SATURDAY 27TH MAY WHICH HAS RESULTED IN THE LOSING OF SUBURBAN KINGHT AS HE IS HEADLINING FABRIC THAT NIGHT. SUBURBAN KNIGHT WILL RETURN IN THE AUTUMN WITH MORE U.R. LABEL MATES IN TOE.

THIS IS SET TO BE A VERY SPECIAL NIGHT AS JOEY RARELY PLAYS IN THE UK. ANYONE WHO HAS EVER DANCED THE NIGHT AWAY TO HOUSE OR TECHNO SHOULD SHOW SOME RESPECT AND CHECK HIM OUT, ONE OF THE TRUE INNOVATORS OF THE SOUND. WE AT VOODOO HAVE LOST COUNT OF THE CLASSICS JOEY HAS PROVIDED US OVER THE YEARS AS IM SURE YOU HAVE. ENERGY FLASH DEFINED A GENERATION, DON'T MISS THIS!

www.ticketmaster.co.uk
www.myspace.com/voodooist
www.myspace.com/jbeltram
www.myspace.com/brendanlong
www.voo-doo.net

oldbugger
08-05-2006, 06:35 PM
gutted.

can't make the saturday :(

Bugger
15-05-2006, 04:32 PM
this is now a main room show

teknorich
16-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Will definitely be there. It's amazing to walk through town and see posters advertising Joey Beltram. This will be a special night!!

Numeric
16-05-2006, 09:00 AM
yeah lookin forward to this too, actualy suits me a bit better with it now being on the saturday, although monday will be far more difficult not having the extra recovery time...

Bugger
18-05-2006, 04:01 PM
get tickets folks! www.ticketweb.co.uk

teknorich
25-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Is there a warm up session in the Lord Nelson, or isn't that happening because the club opens earlier this time??

Bugger
26-05-2006, 04:27 PM
can't wait now!

teknorich
29-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Anyone else get down to this? Was a good night. Seemed kind of empty at first, but filled up nicely. Beltram played it pretty hard, and it went down well.

I enjoyed the warm up set from Brendan Long, playing stuff like East to West by Marc Houle etc.

Not quite sure why it finished 30 minutes early, but I was a f*cking mess by that stage. The MaDMAn was a lot stronger than I had been expecting, and things got pretty twisted. My jaw is still aching today...

What's the line up for next month?!

ramshackles
29-05-2006, 05:58 PM
This was a very special night indeed. I had never seen Joey Beltram before and never expected to because he rarely plays in the UK these days. I was so excited about seeing him but I was worried about him not showing (apparently he was renowned for no shows back in the mid 90's).

Anyway, I travelled down into unventured terroritory (as I had never been to Liverpool or Voodoo before; what a sheltered life I must lead...) and got into the mood with some nice tunes from the warm up Dj's. The place started to fill and before I knew it Beltram was walking on stage...WHAT A SET!!!!

He literally blew me away. I was so impressed, I haven't heard a DJ play that twisted, mind bending stuff for a long time. His style is so unique. I was loving his onslaught on pounding classics like ball park and his newer stuff like awaken...I am still a little deaf from standing so close to the front speakers!

I do hope Beltram makes more frequent appearances in the UK, judging off the majority of the crowd's reaction he has been sorely missed. There were one or two complete knobsacks whose behaviour I couldn't comprehend considering that Beltram is such a techno don (I stood in awe and watched some prick stand at the front shouting "queer" to Beltram whilst sticking fingers up at him at the beginning of his set!??!? UNBELIEVABLE!)

Suppose every club has it's pricks....Seriously though this was a very special night and I hope all those who didn't go are now kicking themselves, I would have been gutted to have missed it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Numeric
29-05-2006, 10:03 PM
i had a really good night, probably the hardest Voodoo i've ever experienced, didn't really know what to expect from Beltram as he's produced a lot of different styles over the years but he hammered the hard techno, i couldn't believe how hard he took it, quality...

can't say i noticed anyone givin him s**t near the stage, i thought the crowd seemed like a real quality bunch, as is almost always the case at Voodoo, yeah there were a few west-heads but you get that at every club and it can't be helped...

V..
01-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Would have liked to have got to this one but second thought it.

As has been said, you can't be sure what he will play.
I have an old set of his from the Galactica 1992 rave, which was the hardest I'd heard anyone play, consistently throughout the full set, up to that point.And it is still my favourite from that era.

eyeswithoutaface
01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
well u missed out, and that's a bit of a lame excuse not to go and see a gig, it was Voodoo, he was never going to be doing an ultra camp disco set was he, he was NAILS!

amazing night, truely was a brilliant set and fantastic night alround

Stella Boy
01-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Nice to see Beltram's bang on it again, I hear he's gonna be in leeds later on in the year so will definately check him out

it was Voodoo, he was never going to be doing an ultra camp disco set was he, he was NAILS!

He did an ultra camp disco set @ the orbit

278d7e64a374de26f==