PDA

View Full Version : Theo Walcott

Hakka
08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Here's the poll chaps. vote and post what you think of the lad being in the England team.

DJsmallpaul
08-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Waste of time but i'd love to be proved wrong, Scoring to knock the Germans out would be nice from him.

macca
08-05-2006, 11:05 PM
wish the lad all the best an hope he does well but cant see it me self not enuff experiance an hasnt even played for arsenal yet has he!

dan the acid man
08-05-2006, 11:12 PM
i agree, stupid decision, but i hope im proved wrong.

i also cant believe shaun wright phillips isn't in

DJsmallpaul
08-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Their to skinny are these boy's Walcot & Wright-Phillips imo, if you watch Shaun Wright he only gets like 1 cross in out of every 10 unless he's come off the bench & the opposing full backs are tired & that's because he gets knocked off the ball to easily.

french_og
09-05-2006, 07:00 AM
To be fair there is probably gonna be about 8 players in the final sqaud who will not even get 1 minute on the pitch at this World Cup so I think you can afford to make 1 gamble, he is young raw and at that age confident, he won't be afraid running at defenders which could make all the difference in the last 10 mins of a game.

Everyone know more or less the starting 11 and he probably won't change that hardly during the World cup.

nick_anarchy
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
he wont even get a game .. tho for the lads personal experience i think its good .. and it will do him well for years to come ... infact i hope he gets a game so be it if we are winning and its 10 mins from the end .. i know he aint playe dfor arsenal's 1st team yet but you have to give the lad a chance , it snot bothered me one bit him being picked as we wont will the world cup anyway

Will
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I thought he might be able to get in the England squad when he joined us if he played quite a bit, but since he didn't I thought he had no no chance! I'm glad Sven picked him though, hopefully he'll get to play, it's not like he has Henry (the captain) ahead of him for England...

I mean if Owen and Rooney aren't fit for the first game(s) then who knows, it'd be a bit strange to pick someone on the stand by list ahead of someone you definitely wanted to take, so hopefully he'll get to play in a few games and will hopefully force his way into the reckoning once everyone's fit.

I mean I don't think it matters about the experience, he's got the touch and the nerve/attitude, and the talent of course, which is what's important.

I think it's quite an exciting squad really, with Lennon and Downing in there as well, maybe he's taken a leaf out of Wenger's book, going for pace! I'm almost surprised he didn't take Gilbert or Hoyte as well at right back! We've got 2 great options on the left for the first time in a while now I reckon, it's just a shame some of the old plodders are still hanging in there!

nick_anarchy
09-05-2006, 01:28 PM
he cant take to many new faces will , i agree it looks exciting with the amount of pace we have in the squad , i just hopes he uses it ..

i noticed swp aint got in now hes at chelsea hmm i wonder if he thinks he made the wrong move as we know if he was at city he would of got in no problem

french_og
09-05-2006, 01:47 PM
SWP should leave, I don't think Morinhio likes him, i mean the last 2 games of the season he started 1 and got taken off after 60 mins and the other was sub and played about 15 mins.

You would of thought he would of played the whole games as they had won the league and he needed to prove himself.

He must be gutted as he has always done quite well when he has come on for England.

jam
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I like Cheese burgers and fanny.

It seems daft but who knows,maybe he'll be the one?

Traxx
11-05-2006, 11:33 PM
****in joke. What a slap in the face for darren bent. Leading english goalscorer in the prem & overlooked for someone who aint even playin in the prem, a few run outs for arsenal reserves. I feel sorry for bent.

278d7e64a374de26f==