PDA

View Full Version : hearing-friendly headphones?

findthesolution
10-05-2006, 12:01 PM
which are a good pair of headphones to use when out and about...say for example when you're in an appartment or hotel room at 4am, or when you're working on some loops at a coffee shop on your lappy? I'm curious as to which cans can produce accurate sound with minimal volume (i enjoy my sense of hearing, and I'm not too keen on losing it!).

anyone?

linguo
10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
hi, I can recommend sennheiser hd650's as ive got a pair. Very comfortable and great sounding.

dirty_bass
10-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Beyer.
Very comfortable for long temr use. Very accurate.
Used in profesional studios the world over.

BloodStar
11-05-2006, 09:46 AM
what about AKG?..

but as you asked for using out, this will be not the best choice. even for studio work are worth checking imo.

MARKEG
11-05-2006, 11:19 AM
i use my seinhieser hd25's everywhere (the splitband ones). brilliant sound - they sometimes get a little mushy under the ears when i've had them on a while (no more that any other pair i've tried) but tbh i've been on 24 hour plane journey's with these, never once taken them off my head and feel they're very comfy. great sound and light compared to alot of others. my sworn choice for djing too :)

i'd also look for a good pair of walkman headphones too. sometimes ya just wanna be out and about listening to good music to get insipration or just put some headphones on that feel ridiculously light cause ya tired or whatever.

;)

machina
12-05-2006, 02:13 AM
I use hd25's for wandering the streets n pretending to dj when i can be ****ed (i don't dj)... but i strictly keep them out of the studio, and switch to beyers in there (i use my monitors most of time, but beyers if i need to), if accuracy is important to you - studio headphones, the hd25's are not. Way too bass heavy and not at all flat - sound great for listening to music etc though imo.

machina

ThePipper
21-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Sony V6, comfortable to wear, good sound build, no bloated bass. It has a great flat sound on all frequencies (sometimes even I use my 2nd pair when I'm djing at small events, bigger events I usually go with the pioneer hdj-1000).

I have yet tried out the beyers. Heard nothing but great things.

RDR
21-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Beyer.
Very comfortable for long temr use. Very accurate.
Used in profesional studios the world over.

Couldnt agree more.. just bought these...

http://www.musik-service.de/images/ProduX/000001658j00.jpg

Its like listening to silk...

beautiful...

eyeswithoutaface
21-05-2006, 01:38 PM
HD25's for Djing, or those tasty Pioneer headphones, but Beyer for any studio work. I dont own any but some of my friends do, absolutely beautiful headphones

just for the record, i hate headphones as a rule

RDR
21-05-2006, 11:16 PM
just for the record, i hate headphones as a rule

:lol:

Love that comment.

eyeswithoutaface
22-05-2006, 02:13 AM
haha :)

Jay Pace
23-05-2006, 02:07 PM
shures e2c's for my walkman, laptop and for cycling.

HD25s for djing.

Don't really use headphones in studio.

Analog.1
24-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Ive got a pair of senheiser PX-200 for out and about headphones, u can pick them up for just £30. They are like a mini version of the HD-25's, very nice sounding. They got some good reviews as well, look on google.

http://nservices.com/PX-200.jpg

They also fold up into a nice tidy case so they wont get damaged.

AcidTrash
27-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Hearing friendly headphones? Was that a unicorn flying past my window?

marl
18-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Sry for the bump of this old thread but seems pointless to create a new one.
I am looking to buy a new set of headphones from beyer, yet am slightly confused about the ohm rating. From memory i think it has something to do with the equipment you are interfacing with yet i will be using mine on a standard Hi-Fi amp. Am i right in thinking i should be going for about 16ohm? Or am i able to go higher....say 80 ohm like the Beyer 770s without needing more eqipment with more voltage?

All input is greatly appreciated, cheers guys.

Marl.

theledge
19-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Couldnt agree more.. just bought these...

http://www.musik-service.de/images/ProduX/000001658j00.jpg

Its like listening to silk...

beautiful...

Got the very same
They are well nice

theledge
19-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Sry for the bump of this old thread but seems pointless to create a new one.
I am looking to buy a new set of headphones from beyer, yet am slightly confused about the ohm rating. From memory i think it has something to do with the equipment you are interfacing with yet i will be using mine on a standard Hi-Fi amp. Am i right in thinking i should be going for about 16ohm? Or am i able to go higher....say 80 ohm like the Beyer 770s without needing more eqipment with more voltage?

All input is greatly appreciated, cheers guys.

Marl.

Yeah this is an old thread :laughing:

I use the DT770s everywhere...they work fine on everything i've used them with

Like I say they are good

rounser
19-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I've got some Beyer Dynamic DT990s waiting for me back on campus on friday (lost some Sennheiser HD25SPs on a plane trip). I'll let you guys know how they go.

278d7e64a374de26f==