PDA

View Full Version : I gotta start posting here sometime: 2 tracks

loopdon
11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi!

Two tracks very simple in nature. Please have a listen and tell me what you think. They are both not finished and rather loopy and in desperate need of some edits but i have to start somewhere. The arrangement side of things is something that i am only slowly getting into after ages of mainly just making loops. Please comment :)

Yven:

http://download.yousendit.com/4A022921159DCDDA

Devine comedy:

http://download.yousendit.com/61DE0C9D5612D487

rhythmtech
11-05-2006, 11:25 AM
d/ling now. good to see you finally took the plunge lpdn :)

rhythmtech
11-05-2006, 11:31 AM
well just listened to yven. shit man you're production is spot on. lovely pro sound to it. is a little loopy but nothing you cant sort very easily. only problem for me is that the hats are panned a little too hard to the right. other than that with a bit of work this would be spot on. very well done.

rhythmtech
11-05-2006, 11:32 AM
sorry. panned to the left.. just listenin again and the overall sound seems to lean towards the left. (and my pan pots are dead centre)

loopdon
11-05-2006, 02:35 PM
thanks so much, man!!!

i will have to have a look athe panning issue. maybe it's happened coz i had and have only one monitor (the left one :) ) working right now. i need to find the cable for the right monitor :)

again, thanks so much :eyes:

dirty_bass
11-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, great stuff man.
Really nice groove, loads of space, great.
Only listened to first tune so far.
I`d say the mix is a little too wet overall, as it moves things a bit too far away, so maybe taking some of the reverb back a little will help.

Nice use of the stereo field too, although I think some of the top end could have a little more centre.
Also bottom end could be much fuller and deeper.
Wack some kind of lush synth work in there too and your there.

Really good stuff man.

loopdon
11-05-2006, 03:57 PM
thanks steve! yes, i think i have gone a bit overboard with the reverb - it's something i have to learn a little better i think.

i will rework the tune for sure and add some synth action, too.

both tracks are more a less studies or sth. very mnml :lol:

the panning/centring issues will be looked into as well. i only have one speaker going atm so i think that might not have been that helpful in the reverbing and panning processes :eyes:

i just had to post sth at a time and make me lose my fear of getting possibly negative comments. accepting criticism.

thanks again, really helpful!

lau
11-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Sounds kool to me ......

Production sounds really nice... but I have to agree on the rverb... it does get a little to "wet"...( Yven has this a little less tho..)

otherwise really really dope tunes... I prefered yven coz its just a bit more rough....

:rambo:

loopdon
11-05-2006, 07:42 PM
thanks lau! i will get back to the verb, i promise...

i didn't expect the comments to be so positive :)

u all have really made my day - which truely sucked otherwise :paranoid:

Mindful
12-05-2006, 10:47 PM
kin hell about time you shared your sound with us yer bugger.

this first track reminds me of some of the latest drumcode stuff.
I know that high passes and such are a bit over used but this would sound dope with edits of that kind.
Deffo needs some lush pads and synths(Vigrito style)
Nice production too dude.

Second track

I like this one too(more than the first)
This reminds me of a Umek track with balls.
I would get down to this in a club no probs.
Again missing somthing but still very very cool stuff.

Hope this isnt the last we hear from you in here Mart

MITA
12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
d/lding

loopdon
13-05-2006, 09:54 AM
thanks a lot, mr. mindful!

glad you like em and will add a synth as you and the others suggested :)

and no, this will hopefully not be the last you hear from me :eyes:

again, thanks a lot for the detailed review!!

BloodStar
13-05-2006, 03:07 PM
i like the first trac ,. all the reverbed sounds are nice.and same with rhythm,.nice punchy kick there.. production part of thing is nice,even it plays too much in the left speaker. but other than that production is good.
second one is also nice clubby techno. would be nice to hear some proper bassline in ther, but thats my feel. production part of thing is not bad. maybe too wet as was said, but will be good after a few fixes.. cheers..

loopdon
13-05-2006, 11:47 PM
thanks, bloodstar. thanks for the advice and glad you like the production. :techno:

techno_smack
14-05-2006, 01:19 PM
good stuff man!

loopdon
14-05-2006, 02:14 PM
thanks techno_smack! very glad you like it :techno:

xfive
16-05-2006, 12:42 AM
These are good so far... the L/R balance issue definitely needs to be addressed, but overall the production was quality.
Bit too much verb on the first as Steve said, and I agree with Mindful regarding another element or so in there too.
Second one could maybe use a big honkin bassline.

Post up some changed versions ;)

loopdon
16-05-2006, 09:33 AM
i will :)

thanks xfive :techno:

MITA
28-05-2006, 02:34 PM
heeey..
listened to these two earlyer

must say yven is great man!
good production as expected .

good work don :techno:

loopdon
28-05-2006, 04:52 PM
thanks a lot, man. i think yven is the one track that is rated the highest from all that i have posted and shown to friends. again, thanks a lot for the review! :)

278d7e64a374de26f==