PDA

View Full Version : Stay Up Forever have lost it

analog tactic
12-05-2006, 11:00 AM
YEA BOLLOCKS HAVE THEY!!!

I remember alot of people saying that SUF ect ect have lost it and arent good any more and that we need fresh new techno producers.

Well, that may have gone though a dull patch but i think they are all fully back on form, even the very repeative Raw tunes seamed to have picked up recently and SUF and Wah Wah are coming out with some amazing tunes.

Clearly the producers have read on the negative feedback and tried harder or they never lost it at all.

well done lads, keep it coming!

Aratron
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM
maybe we lost it

robin m
12-05-2006, 10:10 PM
maybe we lost it

Ha ha - it's not impossible, is it :hammered: :bonk:

Aratron
12-05-2006, 10:59 PM
in my case , - no :smoke:

kai_1
13-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Raws getting better and better I reckon, the Syber Symon release if funky as you like, and the drums are nice and tribal like :eyes:

Aratron
13-05-2006, 09:15 AM
yeah Raws brilliant innit , i camped outside my local record store the other day for the latest release of Raw 178 featuring geraldine and minnie the minx

fils_here
13-05-2006, 12:47 PM
well check out the new cluster releases with tadox & drumcomplex. good stuff.

MITA
13-05-2006, 12:51 PM
yeah.agreed!
amd that betamx label is ****

fils_here
13-05-2006, 01:10 PM
yeah.agreed!
amd that betamx label is **** :thumbsup:

fresh_an_funky_design
13-05-2006, 09:47 PM
S-U-F have really upped the quality in the last few months

MARKEG
13-05-2006, 11:35 PM
new max mins are just insane.

and jack me - for god's sake.

:)

dan the acid man
14-05-2006, 12:30 AM
yeah, it's never lost it in my eyes, ok some releases haven't been my cup of tea, but there's still been some really good ones out there

fils_here
14-05-2006, 06:33 PM
S.U.F.collective keep up the good work chaps!!

rowland the bastard
16-05-2006, 12:22 PM
**** me, some positive feedback for the boys with the big pill, about time

JamieBall
16-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Indeed

A.P.
17-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Hats off to the SUF crew!

Aratron
17-05-2006, 08:41 AM
yeah its not like they havent made enough money out of it or anything

nihilist
17-05-2006, 06:45 PM
jeees aratron are you on the rag this week?

dirty_bass
17-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I would say they have completely lost it.
On the dancelfoor.
Many many times.
Roland especially, king munster;)

Aratron
18-05-2006, 09:04 AM

sorry dude. i am a complete twat i know.

Aratron
18-05-2006, 09:15 AM

this is what is born of genuine nihilism and not just pandering to the notion.

dan the acid man
18-05-2006, 09:16 AM
On the dancelfoor.
Many many times.

what a rowdy lot, unlike us civilised fellows, we have our fun by sipping earl grey and gently tapping our feet to the latest banging techno :paranoid:

Si the Sigh
18-05-2006, 09:35 AM
SUF & all it's sub labels are on fire at the moment. If you disagree, step outside and i'll slap some sense into you. By the way, it's about time it picked up again as it did go very slack IMO.

JamieBall
18-05-2006, 11:18 AM

sorry dude. i am a complete twat i know.

Nah, you're a total sweetie :-x

rhythmtech
18-05-2006, 11:22 AM

:lol: :lol:

OMG... if only you knew the situation...

Si the Sigh
18-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Innit...

Aratron
18-05-2006, 02:15 PM
maybe we should set up a benevolent fund?
i have a spare room at my gaffe, for any homeless acid techno djs/producers.

A.P.
18-05-2006, 05:20 PM

:lol: :lol:

OMG... if only you knew the situation...

:clap:

nihilist
18-05-2006, 07:42 PM
i wouldnt say your a twat you just seem a bit angry this week mate

Aratron
18-05-2006, 08:06 PM
i am mate, bit stressed out at the mo
cant even afford toplash out on some new tunes.
typical loadsa good tunes are coming out and i have got dosh to spend.
im archiving loadsa stuff for ebay now, so i can buy new stuff

dirty_bass
18-05-2006, 10:53 PM
On the dancelfoor.
Many many times.

what a rowdy lot, unlike us civilised fellows, we have our fun by sipping earl grey and gently tapping our feet to the latest banging techno :paranoid:

Indeed.
Although lady grey is the preference of a gentleman.
In fact Tarquin and I were admiring the latest little dancing numbers from the comfort of our arm chairs only the other day.
Clubbing essentials: Monocle, Smoking Jacket and Pipe. None of that sweaty dancing, we leave the peasants to do that for us.

Dirtyacid
20-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I thought bomb in your ass was mint as **** bring on the next one

lunatrick
20-05-2006, 09:53 PM
I haven't really checked out their stuff for a while - sounds like I need too again now (apart for DTD's labels of which I've always been a fan) .....all labels/scenes go through creative lean patches - thats the artisitic life i guess. However it does sound like they've taken the criticism on board and moved on. Whatever you think of the music - you do have to admire the determination to carry on against all the odds, so respect is due. I thought the comment in lawrie (immersion) interview was funny - when asked about the criticism he said 'well if you think you can do better send your stuff to SUF and maybe they'll release it - haha'. and at the end of the day if you don't like something - just ignore it and move on. they do seem to have never ending crticism esp. in uk - and I just think why waste your energy on dissing something - lifes too short. although they seem to be outliving and doing better than a lot of the more techno purist scenes........good for them I reckon..... :lol:

AcidTrash
21-05-2006, 06:41 PM
I must be on a different planet to you lot. The last 2 SUF's I bought were complete garbage.

Aratron
21-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I must be on a different planet to you lot. The last 2 SUF's I bought were complete garbage.

same planet as me mate. i feel the same way. i like dark acid techno - not candy floss hardbag

AcidTrash
21-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Just goes to prove that getting the formula and production right does not make for a good tune. I did put it down to the fact that I havent even seen a narcotic since November and I subsequently would find all acid/techno a little bland. Then I dig out the **** Goa remix and everything else seems to glare out as the steaming turd it really is. I'm trying not to be too pessemistic about it but after my last acid shopping spree I feel utterly cheated. Perhaps it's about time I got off my arse and started a label.

nihilist
21-05-2006, 07:44 PM
suf have released a few gems lateley as well as wah wah but not all are my cup of tea either but you cant please all the peolpe all the time

Aratron
21-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Just goes to prove that getting the formula and production right does not make for a good tune. I did put it down to the fact that I havent even seen a narcotic since November and I subsequently would find all acid/techno a little bland. Then I dig out the **** Goa remix and everything else seems to glare out as the steaming turd it really is. I'm trying not to be too pessemistic about it but after my last acid shopping spree I feel utterly cheated. Perhaps it's about time I got off my arse and started a label.

what Far-Right Records?

AcidTrash
21-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Frogmarch recordings.

Aratron
21-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Gas Chamber Grooves

fresh_an_funky_design
22-05-2006, 12:39 AM
sort your life out records

hypothalamus
26-05-2006, 03:37 PM
im not really in to 303 sounds but the suf collective are doing something right! Anyone know when hydraulix 34 is out and was it Raw 178? i look forward to that one!! :coffee: :bonk:

Aratron
26-05-2006, 10:31 PM
im not really in to 303 sounds but the suf collective are doing something right! Anyone know when hydraulix 34 is out and was it Raw 178? i look forward to that one!! :coffee: :bonk:
i was joking about RAW 178 dude. check out the new routemasters and bionic orange and infected and powertools dude

hypothalamus
26-05-2006, 10:51 PM
i was joking about RAW 178 dude. check out the new routemasters and bionic orange and infected and powertools dude

he he. seriously though like the new power tools and soba grey max/min good stuff. infected is ok, thats digital kid? when is raw035 out then?? will have to check out the bionic orange ones also. :eyes:

Aratron
26-05-2006, 11:13 PM
yeah check out aswell stuff on Skankadelic aswell dude.
im not that much into raw.

if i was you which obviously im not - get yourself some decent techno - like The Divide on Betamax
Jeff Amadeus on anything basically - Squat Records, Dirty Bass on dirty bass records.
Any acid techno by Dave the Drummer
Rowland the bastard on infected and bionic orange.
Pounding Grooves get some Powertools aswell (esp number 29 and 27 and 32 and 33)
not so much bothered about RAW tbh

hypothalamus
26-05-2006, 11:23 PM
yeah check out aswell stuff on Skankadelic aswell dude.
im not that much into raw.

if i was you which obviously im not - get yourself some decent techno - like The Divide on Betamax
Jeff Amadeus on anything basically - Squat Records, Dirty Bass on dirty bass records.
Any acid techno by Dave the Drummer
Rowland the bastard on infected and bionic orange.
Pounding Grooves get some Powertools aswell (esp number 29 and 27 and 32 and 33)
not so much bothered about RAW tbh

nice one :) i got no 3 & 4 on dirty bass and liking the new one, liking most of the DAVE the drummer stuff too. yeah i like the raw records they are a bit funky but hard enou gh. look forward to checking these others out tommorrow. :techno:

hypothalamus
26-05-2006, 11:26 PM
skankadelic is a bit too screachy for me at the mo. :crackup:

Aratron
27-05-2006, 12:58 AM
you've gotta be the zone for skankadelic - good for mixing when you have a lot of pills

AcidTrash
27-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Skankadelic just plain rocks. a bit hit and mis but when it's good theres nothing to touch it. Why Geezer doesn't do more acid stuff I'll never understand. Raw seems so bland by comparison.

AcidTrash
27-05-2006, 03:30 AM
There aint nothing to touch geezer acid if phase cancellation is your thing.

Aratron
27-05-2006, 10:07 AM

c'mon what's phase cancellation, tell me please?

mr burns
27-05-2006, 11:31 AM

skankadelic is no more anyways, no 15 was the the last release, thanks to everyone who brought the records over the last couple of years!

rhythmtech
27-05-2006, 11:45 AM
thats a shame "pete" ;)

was startin to mature quite nicely aswell... any plans up your sleeve or is that it for now?

dan the acid man
27-05-2006, 12:59 PM
yeah, it's a shame to see another lable go :(

dan the acid man
27-05-2006, 01:00 PM

phase cancellation is when you have two things playing the same frequency cancelling each other out

mr burns
27-05-2006, 01:07 PM
thats a shame "pete" ;)

was startin to mature quite nicely aswell... any plans up your sleeve or is that it for now?

just concentrating of club promoting for a while, blip 007 will be out in a few weeks and that will be the last release on that too :(

Aratron
27-05-2006, 01:58 PM

skankadelic is no more anyways, no 15 was the the last release, thanks to everyone who brought the records over the last couple of years!

what you doing that for ?

Aratron
27-05-2006, 01:59 PM

phase cancellation is when you have two things playing the same frequency cancelling each other out

erm im sure i ve done this before wheni 've been mixing. is it a good thing or a bad thing. good thing innit?

mr burns
27-05-2006, 02:09 PM

what you doing that for ?

because i have spent large amounts of money on both these labels, with very little returns, and ended up thousends out of pocket, also the response to the label is no where near what it used to be when it first started unfortunatly, im abit gutted but after alot of thought i have made my decision, there may be the odd release here and there, who know's, but at the minute im really happy with how underground city is going, and im giving that my 110% at the minute, appologies to anyone who will miss it :( now im off to the pub to drown my sorrows :toast:

mr burns
27-05-2006, 02:10 PM
now back to the matter in hand, big respect to the suf collective :clap:

Aratron
27-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Borg collective

dan the acid man
27-05-2006, 03:16 PM
erm im sure i ve done this before wheni 've been mixing. is it a good thing or a bad thing. good thing innit?

yeah, you do get it when mixing, it's not a good or bad thing really, you can use it as an effect, you tend to get it with hats and kicks.

im not sure what acidtrash is on about though with geezer being a master of it

tOM B
27-05-2006, 04:19 PM

yeah, you do get it when mixing, it's not a good or bad thing really, you can use it as an effect, you tend to get it with hats and kicks.

im not sure what acidtrash is on about though with geezer being a master of it

i find a lot of geezer kick drums effect each other and can often cancel alot of the bass out of the kick tbh

shame about skankadelic and blipped out gavin, there's been some quality releases

Aratron
27-05-2006, 04:29 PM
i dont get that technical about mivxing, i know wot sounds good to me , how to do it, and i dont worry about the technical rubbish

nihilist
27-05-2006, 04:41 PM
this phasing out thingy i found it happens more when the kicks are very compressed and this does seem to happen alot on raw never found it on skank though.

i think a big thanx should be said to gavin for skankadelic the label will be missed it's been a favourite of mine for years --devistates the dance floor every time

lunatrick
27-05-2006, 05:39 PM
phasing is just when you have two sounds (mostly kicks in techno) that are at the same frequency almost cancelling each other out.........gets a bit annoying on a big system which is what eq is for!! personally I always have one tune with the bass very low or switched off and the main track I'm focussing on turned up then and when it's time to switch tracks just swap these settings over....

and yeah I agree a lot of the raw releases sounds phasey and almost too compressed

278d7e64a374de26f==