PDA

View Full Version : Here's another one for review.

dj-holocaust
12-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Please be as honest and as critical as possible so I can improve.
This one needs a few tweaks but here it is:
#Produced on Reason 3#

The Ghettoblaster-Underground mix

http://www.freewebtown.com/djholocaust/library/audio/Ghettoblaster_Underground_mix_b1.mp3

:twisted:

tonyc2002
18-05-2006, 03:07 PM
love the acid, it reminds me of some of the old tracid trax stuff. But i think ths mix is too heavy on the low end. It might sound a bit nuts but try a slight low EQ cut on the bass to make it more tonally rich and brighter. If you experiment with it and get it right it should be less muddy but still retain its weight. You may also have to then adjust the EQ on the kick (or other low freq sounds) so that they sit nicely together.

Bear in mind that my production skills are still in there infancy and i could be talking out my arse :lol:

dj-holocaust
21-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks mate appreciate the feedback. Think my problem is that I havent got studio monitors I,ve got Cerwin Vega P.A speakers. Ha Ha
Do you think it sounds a little basic though? any others areas you think I need to look at?

tonyc2002
21-05-2006, 11:42 PM
PA speakers :lol: classic. seriously tho i would invest in some monitors, i recently got a set of Samson Resolve 65a's and ive never looked back, also its always better when your mixing your track to have the volume low (crank it up every now and then tho :eyes: ) so you can here the small details better aswell as saving your hearing.

As for arrangeing, i personally think if youve got a few strong elements its usually better to work on them instead of trying to cram 50 million ideas into one tune.

dj-holocaust
22-05-2006, 12:28 AM
cheers mate, do you see any areas which might reasonably strong??
Will definately get some monitors though,.
Respect

tonyc2002
22-05-2006, 12:46 AM
theres a mental build up around 4 min 50 sec and then it drops into a minimal acid line. if u could come up with something mental to fill the gap after that build i think it would work better. basically its just that section after the build up which kinda loses direction IMO. :cool:

dj-holocaust
22-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Cheers bud i,ll make some adjustments then put it under your scrutiny./

tonyc2002
22-05-2006, 08:32 PM
no problem man

278d7e64a374de26f==