PDA

View Full Version : Any Reason users?

Bootleg Bloke
07-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Any tips on how I can fatten my beats up? Most of the time they sound quite plain & boaring with just a bit of perc when I'm starting a track with the kick first.

dan the acid man
08-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Just started using reason myself, the main problem i can see with reason is that the compressor doesnt seem to be upto much, for the past 2 years i,ve been using fruity loops and the compressor in that seemed to be much better. One thing im thinking of doing is trying reason with cubase which should give some better results :D

DJZeMig_L
08-09-2003, 01:42 PM
hey bootleg bloke...

I think it would do some good 2 read on the older posts.. lots of knowledge from "masta" users ;)

Can think of a slightly simple trick .. had some slight reverb (cut the bass out from the reverb as avoid mudding up the mix) then compress (compress acording 2 the desired final sound u r looking for... probably a resonable gain redution with fast attack / release).. in the end had a slight tough of some valve emulator (antares tube is my sugestion).. this should make yer beats a little more crunchy, exciting and all round phat!

Z

Bootleg Bloke
08-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Cheers lads.. I will search for some other posts on Reason.

Ta da.

djTequila
08-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Try EQing your kick and snare, finding parts of the sound that increase weight, power, etc.

Cutting out sub bass frequencies can give you moree headroom to put in mid-range sounds, thus increasing power.

Either that, or sample in beats from tracks you own... Cut 'em up in Re:Cycle and mix 'em up in Dr. Rex.

Or cut 'em up in a sample editor and load 'em into re:drum.

T*

ampassasinbirmingham
08-09-2003, 07:32 PM
get t-racks. that should fattenup your kick niceley

278d7e64a374de26f==