PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Problem!!

Anonymous
06-12-2002, 10:55 PM
Hi sorry about this post and the test one!

It's Ikon here - DJ IKON from the EZboard forum

Right, I came on here and logged in and changed my password for my DJ IKON account from 'blackout' to something else!

However, when I came to log in straight after it wouldnt work, i.e it would still say 'login' + 'login to see PM's' yet at the bottom of the page where it says 'users online' I was down as being online!!! it also wouldnt let me post messages - just kept saying 'sorry another user has that user name'!!!

so, I created a new account with the user name Ikon - Same thing happened!!!

so I created ANOTHER account this time called Trancer - and guess what? yup thats right, same thing again!!!!!!

I even got the board to send me a new password to the DJ IKON account but it still wont work!!!

Any ideas whats wrong????

E-mail me - Ikonevolution@aol.com if you need my password to fix it!

cheers

Leighton - Ikon

sinner
06-12-2002, 11:23 PM
I have sent you an email, and im going to be testing things for you

Im almost positive its a cookie problem, so I'm going to try and recreate it

DJ IKON
06-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Its sinner doing a test to try and track down Ikons problems

sinner
06-12-2002, 11:30 PM
It does seem to be a cookie problem, I will go over via email with you until its fixed.

sinner
07-12-2002, 10:12 AM
The short version

The problem comes from AOL.

The long version.

The board keeps track of people by their addresses, and on AOL, it changes constantly, almost every time you open up a new web page, it comes from a different AOL proxy, and the board thinks since you have a different address, you are a different person.

Im making the code changes to fix this, I'm going to do a little testing at home on it before it goes on the running board, but it will be fixed pronto

Mike

278d7e64a374de26f==