PDA

View Full Version : Hardsignal Records Logo Competition

DJPAUZE
16-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Hello All,

I have decided to have sort of a competition for the Hardsignal Records New Logo on here. I know we have a great number of members on this forum so I think this would be an ideal place to select an artist from.

If you are not familiar with the old logo it was a 3 headed dog (Cerberus).

I would like something similar to the old logo with a 3 headed dog but hey if you can come up with something new and exciting that would look good on a vinyl record as well as a T-Shirt please feel free to pm me and I will take a look.

I will set the competion close date as 2 weeks from now, Friday May 26.

The selected logo will be the official logo of Hardsignal Records and our main site. The winner can also receive our promos on a regular basis, as well as get access to our private Hardsignal FTP.

We will soon be doing t-shirts and this logo will be featured on them.

Good luck to all!

Pauze
www.hardsignal.net

DJPAUZE
25-05-2006, 02:51 PM
no graphic artists out there?

fresh_an_funky_design
26-05-2006, 12:32 AM
to be honest mate, i am slightly interested but the prize is a bit crap. i charge between £75-200 for a logo and thats ****ing cheap, if you make the prize better let me know. also your brief is a little vague

check my portfolio if your interested
http://www.morepunkthanfunk.com/welcome.htm

DJPAUZE
05-06-2006, 06:46 PM
It's a competition man. I don't get huge profits from my label. I am offering it as a showcase. Your art goes on records all over the world. I know it doesnt sound too attractive but it is what it is.

Pauze

eyeswithoutaface
05-06-2006, 06:51 PM
wow the guy's offering a cool competition and that's the only reply he gets. What a negative reply it was too sorry, but its a competition, it's not a full business opportunity, just a guy wanting a logo

im sorry i never carried on with graphic design i'd of entered for sure

Patrick DSP
05-06-2006, 07:26 PM
how about this...

http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~cerberus/logo_cerberus.jpg

or
http://yerf.com/uploads/michbroo/cerberus.jpg

FUSION
05-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I always rekoned the current hardsignal logo was one of the best around anyway. if it aint broken.........

davethedrummer
05-06-2006, 07:56 PM
how about this...

or

the second one!!!!

it's wicked :lol:

dirty_bass
05-06-2006, 08:15 PM
to be honest mate, i am slightly interested but the prize is a bit crap. i charge between £75-200 for a logo and thats **** cheap, if you make the prize better let me know. also your brief is a little vague

Jesus, what a rough comment.
Cmon, you know the score, this is techno, the guy isn`t gonna have 1000`s of pounds to splash on a full on pro design work by Dave Mckean for ****s sake.

This is a pretty cool opportunity, and free records is a cool enough prize as it is.

dan the acid man
05-06-2006, 10:15 PM
yeah i agree, it's a decent prize, and for anybody who just designs for fun, is just getting into design, or is a fan of the label, then it's a great idea

lau
05-06-2006, 10:34 PM
ask carlos he´s a fukking pro....!

:rambo:

DJPAUZE
05-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Thx for the support guys, Dirty knows where I'm coming from. Nowadays your lucky if you can press the next record. I didnt realize that until my 3rd release. Making just enough coin to send the next package to the distributor from here in Canada.

I think I'm going to have to harass Carlos, I have heard hes pretty amazing when it comes to this kind of thing. But as it stands the contest continues for anyone who wants to give it a go.

DJPAUZE
05-06-2006, 11:42 PM
how about this...

or

Nice pat! I like the cartoon ones, they look so evil.

The Overfiend
05-06-2006, 11:47 PM
I'll work on something.

DJPAUZE
05-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Thx brother!

I'll be looking out for it.

Im really looking for something cymetrical that will look amazing as a sticker or on a t-shirt.

stjohn
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
might give this a shot...have you got a big jpg of the old one??? and any other pics you like. might help us along

fresh_an_funky_design
06-06-2006, 01:00 AM
to be honest mate, i am slightly interested but the prize is a bit crap. i charge between £75-200 for a logo and thats **** cheap, if you make the prize better let me know. also your brief is a little vague

Jesus, what a rough comment.
Cmon, you know the score, this is techno, the guy isn`t gonna have 1000`s of pounds to splash on a full on pro design work by Dave Mckean for **** sake.

This is a pretty cool opportunity, and free records is a cool enough prize as it is.

maybe i was a little rough but i stand by what i say, i dont mind doin work for no cash if get something in return for it thats worth the equivilant of the time i spent doin it. e.g. it takes me a day's worth of time so i get a day in return.

fresh_an_funky_design
06-06-2006, 01:03 AM
anyway if i get some free time over the next few days i might have a look at it, but can you be more specififc with the brief, do you want a square or horizontal logo, what do you wanna show with the logo, etc the more details you give the more likely you are to get something you like

eyeswithoutaface
06-06-2006, 02:38 AM
haha hilarious, excellent backtracking, and a strange contradiction too

im sure Pauze will find something to a higher quality off Carlos or someone else no doubt

Sunil
06-06-2006, 03:05 AM
anyway if i get some free time over the next few days i might have a look at it, but can you be more specififc with the brief, do you want a square or horizontal logo, what do you wanna show with the logo, etc the more details you give the more likely you are to get something you like

It's open to interpretation, isn't it ? Last logo was three angry dogs, which captured the vibe or hardness of Hardsignal. I guess he's looking for something similarly full on and aggressive. How about an image of Pauze smacking you in the gob? That would be a certain winner! :)

rhythmtech
06-06-2006, 03:36 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38356000/jpg/_38356825_scouser150.jpg

calm down calm down

DJPAUZE
06-06-2006, 04:43 AM
here is the old logo, i really want something similar to this. Does't even have to be detailed, just something that will look great on a shirt and records.

Sunil said it best i think:

"It's open to interpretation, isn't it ? Last logo was three angry dogs, which captured the vibe or hardness of Hardsignal. I guess he's looking for something similarly full on and aggressive. How about an image of Pauze smacking you in the gob? That would be a certain winner! "

http://www.hardsignal.net/images/dogs.gif

eyeswithoutaface
06-06-2006, 09:51 AM

It's open to interpretation, isn't it ? Last logo was three angry dogs, which captured the vibe or hardness of Hardsignal. I guess he's looking for something similarly full on and aggressive. How about an image of Pauze smacking you in the gob? That would be a certain winner! :)

haha that would be a killer logo indeed :)

Jarson
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
How about that:
http://www.netgrafika.com/logo.gif

DJPAUZE
06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
That one aint hella bad at all!

eyeswithoutaface
06-06-2006, 02:11 PM
yeah that looks smart

fresh_an_funky_design
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
How about an image of Pauze smacking you in the gob? That would be a certain winner! :)

no need for that mate,
ok i say his prize is crap, maybe a little harsh but come on i give away free records to people all the time, if your gonna run a competition you need to be giving away something that makes people go hell yeah i wanna spend a day doin this for free for the chance of winning this.

dan the acid man
06-06-2006, 02:51 PM
the trouble is fresh, you're looking at it from a different angle, as you are already a designer, and can charge people for your work, where as most people who enter this comp, will be doing it for the fun of it, then to be able to say that their design was used on hardsignal records

Si the Sigh
06-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Got to agree with Dan on this one.

fresh_an_funky_design
06-06-2006, 03:10 PM
your prob right there, its taken me a lot of hard work to go from doing work for free to getting paid for it, and the last thing i wanna do is go back to doing work for free. two years ago i would of jumped at the chance of just 'getting my work' out. now i'm not so bothered

Frank Dogshit
06-06-2006, 03:52 PM
class!

DJPAUZE
06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
your prob right there, its taken me a lot of hard work to go from doing work for free to getting paid for it, and the last thing i wanna do is go back to doing work for free. two years ago i would of jumped at the chance of just 'getting my work' out. now i'm not so bothered

This is a competition. When you have something bad to say about someones thread, say it in a private message. Don't bother thread crapping and saying my competition sucks.

Dude, your one of the lucky ones who has records to give away for free. I remember when i was coming up as a dj i would do anything to get promos. Well imagine getting promos of sick hard techno with your design on them. As you you so cleverly said in your post here, you too had to come up somehow. Well frankly is this not a better way to do it then to get your artwork on a powerful prominent label, website and have your logo on thosands of t-shirts accross the world.

My site has 7000 members who will all be looking at this logo every time they see the forums and or records. This will generate business for the artist because when someone approaches me and asks who did my art, I will gladly send them his/her email.

The persons info will also be posted on the hardsignal site as a contact for logo designer.

I'm sorry for getting worked up over this but I dont think its just for you to continue talking about this. My job is to help distribute and promote techno. I thought it might be an interesting idea to throw this comp on these forums as there are many people who enjoy techno as much as I do and would like to help out.

Thats it for now.

Pauze

dirty_bass
06-06-2006, 04:29 PM
S`all good Pauze my man.
This is a cool offer, and I`m sure you`ll get some cool logo`s, I might even get out my drawing pens and do something myself. A bit of comic art.
Techno is small beans now, so we all need to support each other if we can, rather than try to leech off each other.

I don`t know any professional designer who takes a whole day to do a logo.
Although most I know do bill for a full days work.

eyeswithoutaface
06-06-2006, 04:31 PM

This is a competition. When you have something bad to say about someones thread, say it in a private message. Don't bother thread crapping and saying my competition sucks.

Dude, your one of the lucky ones who has records to give away for free. I remember when i was coming up as a dj i would do anything to get promos. Well imagine getting promos of sick hard techno with your design on them. As you you so cleverly said in your post here, you too had to come up somehow. Well frankly is this not a better way to do it then to get your artwork on a powerful prominent label, website and have your logo on thosands of t-shirts accross the world.

My site has 7000 members who will all be looking at this logo every time they see the forums and or records. This will generate business for the artist because when someone approaches me and asks who did my art, I will gladly send them his/her email.

The persons info will also be posted on the hardsignal site as a contact for logo designer.

I'm sorry for getting worked up over this but I dont think its just for you to continue talking about this. My job is to help distribute and promote techno. I thought it might be an interesting idea to throw this comp on these forums as there are many people who enjoy techno as much as I do and would like to help out.

Thats it for now.

Pauze

spot on

talk about cant see the wood for the tree's, competitions like this can earn you publicity and promotion that no amount of doing £200 logo's will bring

that one above was great i thought

gary_human
07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
is the closing sate still 25may >? as i got a good idea - gota try and get it on paper (jpeg etc.) now!!

DJPAUZE
07-06-2006, 12:48 PM
No I can extend it a bit longer.

Lets say till the end of next week, June 16th.

Pauze

davethedrummer
11-06-2006, 12:50 AM
How about that:

jesus , you are in a dark place my son , you need help :shock:

davethedrummer
11-06-2006, 12:54 AM

you know
no one's asking you , right ?
its a competition
therefore you have a choice
so.......if you don't want to do it

then don't ......simple innit ?

DJPAUZE
11-06-2006, 01:46 AM
i have 1 entry so far, its pretty sweet looking. A friend of mine in Brazil did one that has the head of 3 Devils. At the end i will post em all. PM me if you have something or add me to your msn and shoot it to me.

Pauze

RDR
11-06-2006, 08:58 AM
How about that:

jesus , you are in a dark place my son , you need help :shock:

Thats not a picture of the guy henry...

:lol:

:paranoid:

dj devisra
16-06-2006, 03:39 AM

That's a lame comment. The prize is phat. Free promos and get into the ftp and your logo gets to be seen worldwide. The brief is not really vague if you already know what the logo looks like. I would be proud to say I made that logo (if I did) plus it's good for your self satisfaction/accomplishments. Sorry, but I have to disagree, it's an awesome prize

;)

gary_human
16-06-2006, 02:19 PM
my idea was good but im having trouble getting it on paper :foooked: so dont wait for me - sorry !!!

davethedrummer
17-06-2006, 01:05 PM
my idea was good but im having trouble getting it on paper :foooked: so dont wait for me - sorry !!!

yeah ....pens eh?
i have the same problem...
best get yourself over to the sixth dimension where all the pens and cigarette lighters hang out.

you just need a lasso made from a lost shoelace and some hens teeth
and there's biros and markers running about just waiting to be captured

i go every sunday :clown:

fils_here
17-06-2006, 01:30 PM

That's a lame comment. The prize is phat. Free promos and get into the ftp and your logo gets to be seen worldwide. The brief is not really vague if you already know what the logo looks like. I would be proud to say I made that logo (if I did) plus it's good for your self satisfaction/accomplishments. Sorry, but I have to disagree, it's an awesome prize

;)

:thumbsup:

278d7e64a374de26f==