PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona vs Arsenal - Champions League Final

Numeric
17-05-2006, 03:29 PM
after the robbery that was last seasons final i'm hoping Barca will really stuff Arse tonight, couldn't be doing with another of Utd's rivals winning the competition again so soon, although, the Champions League has become a bit of a debacle over recent years, surely it should only be the Champions of each league and maybe the runners up which qualify, yeah and i know that Utd wouldn't have even been in the competition last season if that were the case but looking at the way we performed it wouldn't have made much differance would it...

:lol:

anyway, good luck Barca, hope it's a good game...

xes
17-05-2006, 03:46 PM
yes,I want football,fair play and a jolly good game to win. Oh,and barca :lol:

although I'm in a quandry,now it doesn't matter to spurs' league position,I'd quite like the scum to win. but Ithink i'll be chearing for Barca,cos my partner is a gooner and it'll piss him off :lol:

french_og
17-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Come on Gooners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut those inbred Catalan supporters up!!

Esox Lucius
17-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Come on Gooners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut those inbred Catalan supporters up!!

catalonia rules!

up the E.T.A

come on barca.

:cool:

nick_anarchy
17-05-2006, 06:00 PM
init come on barca

Esox Lucius
17-05-2006, 06:13 PM
had to laugh when arsene said "were doing it for england" lol, you know because they have so much home grown talent in the squad, this final should be over 2 legs, as it's virtually a home game for the arse playing in paris :cheese:

macca
17-05-2006, 07:30 PM
cant see them beating barca reckon it will be 3-1 to barca. would be funny if they won tho to piss the filth of in here ;)

djfase
17-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Hope barca stuff them. As for doing it for England, bollox. Wenger talks out of his arse.

Barca will score 3 or 4 and i laughed when a fan in paris said on the radio that the arse will win 1-0. Do u really think that defence will stop barca scoring?

djfase
17-05-2006, 09:20 PM
The refs spoiled it. Fair enough it had to be a red, but the game is now shit.

Watching on sky as i cant stand listening the pervert pleat who knows fek all

macca
17-05-2006, 09:29 PM
haha 1-0 bad dive for the free kick as well wonder what wenger will say about tha :roll:

xes
17-05-2006, 10:53 PM
what,you mean Arsene "I didn't see it" wenger?

Who cares,they lost :lol:

And now I need a shower,cos I just cheered for the scum for 93 minutes and I feel dirty.

Traxx
17-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Unlucky lads.

Traxx
17-05-2006, 11:01 PM
11 v 11 & that would of been a different story. Henry wasnt happy in the interview then.

macca
17-05-2006, 11:07 PM
if the ref had any common sense they would of let the goal stand an give him a yellow card, but maybe he had to follow the letter of the law! stupid by lehmann comin out tha far imo tho an bringing him down ;)

Traxx
17-05-2006, 11:09 PM
No doubt in my opinion the keeper should of stayed & the goal been allowed.

dj casualty
17-05-2006, 11:14 PM
i'm gutted big time,not so much as the way we played coz they fought like trojans for 70
odd mins,especially freddie and toure,but henry's mannerisms
he's a gonner-no two ways about it,throw in cole,bergy and pires
and all of a sudden things are lookin pretty bleak

french_og
17-05-2006, 11:48 PM
I never understand why FIFA put such clowns in charge of these big games, he never got a decision right all not. How many times did Barca get away with no yellow cards.

It was shaping up to be a classic before Lehmans sending off and if he had let the goal stand it would of opened the game up even more. Fair enough Barca may of still won but the ref spoilt what should of been a classic.

That Said Henry missed a good chance 2nd half which would of put them 2-0 up.

dj casualty
18-05-2006, 12:03 AM
yeah your right he did,ref was pretty shockin too but you
just knew all along it was gonna be barca who won,fair play
to em at least they play good stuff,i just wonder how arsenal
will recover

Will
18-05-2006, 12:10 AM
I can't beleive how much shit Martin Tyldsely or whatever his name is talked, saying they were the better team and there was no way we were going to hold out. We were the better team 11 v 11 and had the better of the chances 11 v 10, not to mention their goals were a bit lucky, especially the 2nd, going in off the keeper.

All this hype about them being the best team in europe, but they weren't that great, they have one great player like us, 2 top players in Eto'o and Giuly and the rest were nothing special going off tonight, their keeper made some good saves, but nothing spectacular...

And going on about Celtic would lose out if we won for ages as if we give a shit and how mad they'd go if that cunt Larsson scored the winner.

I feel sorry for Bergkamp, Pires and Reyes, having your keeper sent off is the worst thing that can happen, especially in a final because then 2 players have to miss the rest of the game since no-one else on the pitch can fill in. It was hard on Pires and it would have been fitting for Dennis to get a winners medal and he didn't get to play.

Reyes didn't get to play much which is a shame since he played most of the other games, but then the same goes for Flamini and Senderos. The annoying thing is no-one's won the final after losing it the year before, though there's a first time for everything and you're left with 'what-if's, like if Fabregas hadn't been taken off or Lehmann hadn't been sent off.

You have to look forward though. But even if all those players left Casualty, the only player we'd really miss is Henry, Cole and Bergkamp hardly played in the CL and Pires didn't play that much and is getting old. We've got some of the best young players in the world in Fabregas, Toure, Eboue and I'm pretty sure, Walcott, not to mention Flamini.

Be very interesting to see what happens this summer, but even if Henry left I wouldn't be too downbeat about our future, Fabregas has already looked the better player at times this season and if we can get the right balance between technique and the more physical side we'll be looking good on all fronts.

Will
18-05-2006, 12:12 AM
You didn't think we'd even reach the final, but defeatist attitudes get you nowhere, we had a great chance of winning it.

french_og
18-05-2006, 12:16 AM
But how could they replace Henry, like Paul Merson said after the game - if Henry goes he can not see them finishing in the top 4.

Traxx
18-05-2006, 12:19 AM
My old man kept calling hleb pleb al through the game, hahaha. Couldnt pronounce it right.

Will
18-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Other teams manage without Henry! It's not like he'd leave for free, we did alright without Vieira, just need to redress the balance a bit like I said. Plus we could give the captaincy to someone with better leadership ability, bring in more of a goal poacher, the biggest thing is to make sure we don't get bullied physically next season, Henry is overkill for most teams, you don't need someone that good to score goals.

Will
18-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Besides, we might have Henry mark II in Theo Walcott, we'll have to see what he can do at the world cup!

Will
18-05-2006, 12:25 AM
My old man kept calling hleb pleb al through the game, hahaha. Couldnt pronounce it right.

Haha, suppose it is an unusual name for most people, Pleb's a poor effort though!

Traxx
18-05-2006, 12:30 AM
In all seriousness though id be fukin devastated if I was a arsenal supporter & Henry left. You cant replace him. Much like when I thought gerrard was away from us.

Numeric
18-05-2006, 12:36 AM
unlucky Arse, they battled well but i'm glad Barca won...

Numeric
18-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Henry wasn't half talkin some s**t at the end there...

he must be off now surely...

Will
18-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Apparently someone saw him talking to Gio and he asked if he was coming to Barca and Henry said no... You should have been rooting for Arsenal though, people will think Spain's the better league and will choose Spanish teams over English teams what with Sevilla winning the Uefa cup as well. After that final I'd say the Prem's the better league, but a lot of people are taken in by the Barca hype and don't think for themselves.

Hopefully if he does go either Eto'o will come the other way or we'll get Adriano, Sheva and Ronaldo are getting on a bit and not many people would come close to replacing Henry... But Arsenal are bigger than one player and we will go on, I'm almost past worrying about it, there's been so much speculation, like with Vieira before and Cole as well. What will be will be.

The players did us proud in the final though, although Lehmann was maybe too quick to come off his line, going with his hands outside the box like he did. Shame, he's one of our best players, but everyone makes mistakes of course, just a shame they're so costly for a keeper.

dan the acid man
18-05-2006, 01:44 AM
shocking ref, but we'll have to get used to them as the world cup will be full of them :lol:

Esox Lucius
18-05-2006, 07:15 AM
"hey bobby, what's the french for one way ticket to barcelona"

xes
18-05-2006, 09:54 AM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8073/henry2gi.png

there ya go thiery :)

Will
18-05-2006, 11:46 AM
The Premiership will be the worse for it if he does go and Barca would be pretty much guaranteed to win it every year, but then I suppose that makes no difference supporting the teams you do...

xes
18-05-2006, 11:58 AM
How will it make the premiership worse?

For your lot maybe,but not for the rest of us. Anyway,you've got the wonderkid Theo,you never know,he could be your next henry. We'll see how he does in the world cup though,but I can't see him getting that much action.

Will
18-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Here's what Henry said over the intercom on the flight back: "We must pick ourselves up and make sure we come back stronger next year." so sounds like he's staying!

xes
18-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Well,I suppose only he knows for sure. We can speculate (and hope) all we like. But his non-commital to sign a new contract could be a sign. but then it could just be f*ck all,and he's just waiting for a new deal that he likes to be drawn up.

Time will tell I suppose.

Numeric
18-05-2006, 02:43 PM
i don't think the Prem will be worse if he goes, yeah his football is amazing but his attitude stinks, the post-match interview he gave was a disgrace, blaming everyone but himself, then using his tired legs as an exuse for missing the chance he did whilst still at 0-1, he's an arrogant t**t, good riddance...

Will
18-05-2006, 02:53 PM
He's entitled to be upset after that, I'm sure you would be, so give him a break! At least he wasn't swearing at the ref like Rooney, I suppose you want shut of him too do you?

french_og
18-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Shut up you daft manc, his post match interview was spot on, I only ever hear Henry speak his mind and truth. The ref was a disgrace and the amount of times he did get kicked and players get away with no booking was unbelieable. Henry even got booked when the Barca player kicked him.

It was refreshing to hear a player come out and slate the ref and to be fair the ref should be banned from ever refereeing outside his country again.

God help us in the World Cup if that is the standard of refs available.

Traxx
18-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Shut up you daft manc, his post match interview was spot on, I only ever hear Henry speak his mind and truth. The ref was a disgrace and the amount of times he did get kicked and players get away with no booking was unbelieable. Henry even got booked when the Barca player kicked him.

It was refreshing to hear a player come out and slate the ref and to be fair the ref should be banned from ever refereeing outside his country again.

God help us in the World Cup if that is the standard of refs available.

Spot on.

Miksta
18-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Henry is class, its good that british football has a talent like him playing in our leuge,id be suprised if he goes.

Will
18-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Hmmm, Hauge won't be at the World cup at least, it's hard to beleive someone who won't even be at the world cup can referee the CL final... I got the impression Eto'o might have been offside when Lehmann was sent off, could be wrong and I suspect Giuly may have been too, so if they had done things different it might have been an offside goal! But if Eto'o was offside Lehmann shouldn't have been sent off...

Stupid ITV didn't show whether it was offside or not...

french_og
18-05-2006, 04:09 PM
You should of watched on sky, Ashley Cole was playing him on side by a mile before Lehman got sent off. Guily also was not offside as came from Behind Eto'o.

Traxx
18-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Just read on the teletext. The ref has admitted he was a bit hasty with his decision to send lehman off. he said if he'd of took a bit longer to decide he could of given a yellow card & allowed the goal to stand. Shouldnt of been in charge in the first place. He was terrible.

Mawby
18-05-2006, 05:57 PM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7127/henrypri0lv.jpg

Traxx
18-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Hahaha thats piss funny!

jam
18-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I used to hate Henry but now i think he's a legend.

"maybe a should learn to dive but i'm not a women"

Classic.

The reff was a disgrace.

djfase
18-05-2006, 07:20 PM
What goes around comes around as we all know. If it had been the barca keeper we'd have wanted him sent off and as for the dive for the freekick for arsenal goal, well.

Going down to 10 spoiled the game yes, and it meant arse played deeper and more negative, altho they did have their chances to win it with henry.

We all know everyone hates the english and we must accept that whenever we play a major game most decisions will go against, as most of the euro teams are dirty cheating cunts.

British football is about pace and power and not the slow build up euro way. Maybe if our technical skills were better we would stand a chance

Numeric
18-05-2006, 08:40 PM
the ref was a disgrace yes but it's not as though he was giving every decision in Barca's favour, he got a lot of things wrong, do you think Henry would have been as bothered about the ref's performace is Arse had won? ofcourse not...

Henry was bitter as a lemon last night, his reaction was that of a spoilt bratt, blaming the ref because of his own teams incompetance, if the goal would have stood Arse would have pushed forward and Barca would have ripped them to pieces, the only reason Arse held out for as long as they did was because they had ten men behind the ball most of the time, the free-kick which resulted in Arse's goal should never have stood in the first place, it was a blatent dive...

Henry does not know how to lose with dignity, if Rooney had said them things after a match then he would have been critisised and rightly so, the only reason a lot of people have accepted it from Henry is because you're all half-way up his arse...

and before you all start going on about how Sir Alex and United players have moaned in the past, don't bother, because i dislike them lot moaning as much as i dislike anyone else...

basslinejunkie
18-05-2006, 10:52 PM
u dont half talk some shit

french_og
18-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I was about to say that...

french_og
18-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Typical Manc!!!

Traxx
18-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Hahah

macca
19-05-2006, 12:06 AM
haha beat me 2 it ;)

Numeric
19-05-2006, 01:09 AM
you lot should go form the official BOA Terry Henry fan-club, climb further inside his crack...

Numeric
19-05-2006, 09:08 AM
apparently he's said that he's gonna stay with Arse now...

said somin along the lines of 'i want to keep playing for as long as i can keep running'...

um, so, that's about two-thirds of the game then until he gets tired...

Mawby
19-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Typical Manc!!!

say no more :lol:

Will
19-05-2006, 11:21 AM
the ref was a disgrace yes but it's not as though he was giving every decision in Barca's favour, he got a lot of things wrong, do you think Henry would have been as bothered about the ref's performace is Arse had won? ofcourse not...

Henry was bitter as a lemon last night, his reaction was that of a spoilt bratt, blaming the ref because of his own teams incompetance, if the goal would have stood Arse would have pushed forward and Barca would have ripped them to pieces, the only reason Arse held out for as long as they did was because they had ten men behind the ball most of the time, the free-kick which resulted in Arse's goal should never have stood in the first place, it was a blatent dive...

Henry does not know how to lose with dignity, if Rooney had said them things after a match then he would have been critisised and rightly so, the only reason a lot of people have accepted it from Henry is because you're all half-way up his arse...

and before you all start going on about how Sir Alex and United players have moaned in the past, don't bother, because i dislike them lot moaning as much as i dislike anyone else...

Well I'm sure you've reacted in the same way after a game as he did, so you must be a spoilt brat too and I hope you hate yourself! Or is it only alright for fans because footballers aren't people too? And there's no reason to think we'd have been 'torn apart' even if we had gone behind instead of having Lehmann sent off, they didn't exactly tear us apart when they did take the lead did they?

Why don't you just admit we were a match for them and peoples predictions of us not standing a chance were way off beam?

Anyway, great news about Henry staying, especially since he won't be strengthening Barca, who even Pele said were a bit lucky... Hopefully we'll have our revenge next year...

Miksta
19-05-2006, 11:26 AM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7127/henrypri0lv.jpg

He signs new 4year deal, Fair play to him, no one can acuse him of not have passion for the game and stay somwhere he knows people love him.

Will
19-05-2006, 11:31 AM
The laugh is on whoever made that at the end of the day, we got further than whatever team they support, presumably Spurs, just shows that the most bitter people aren't connected to Arsenal at all and they're just talking out their arse. Getting to the final and nearly winning shows we don't need Dein to help us out as some idiots try to make out.

french_og
19-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I like Henry's attitude, he plays fair but he is a winner and obviously hates losing like all great sportsmen.

If he does sign this contract then fair play to him, he obviously thinks that winning anything with Barcelona would not mean as much as he would be walking into a already great team and at Arsenal if he wins anything with then he would of hugely contributed to the success.

Will
19-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Seems there's a press conference set for 14:00, hopefully he'll have signed by then and it'll be announced!

Traxx
19-05-2006, 08:08 PM
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7322/image00112ww.jpg

Traxx
19-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hehehe

Numeric
20-05-2006, 12:09 PM
ooh nasty...

djfase
20-05-2006, 12:15 PM

Will
20-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Mourinho, speaking at the launch of Football Icons 2, said: "I think Arsenal played very well. It is very difficult to do better than what they did.

"With 10 men, when you concede your first goal, you feel it is over in your legs and brain because you are very tired.

"I think English football can be proud of what Arsenal did in Paris because they played a very good team.

"I was watching the game as normal, ready for anyone to be the winner. I was just wishing (for) a good game.

"But at the end of the day I felt sorry for Arsenal people. I am not saying I was supporting them but at the end game I felt sorry for them.

"They had a fantastic game under difficult circumstances. I never enjoy seeing the faces of losers on big occasions.

"I feel the career Wenger has behind him, he deserves to win the Champions League one day. I felt sorry."

And the Blues boss is ready for an improved Arsenal in the Premiership next season - motivated by a new stadium, Thierry Henry's decision to stay and the fact they won nothing this term.

He added: "I want Arsenal to be weak not strong. The reality is Arsenal have a good team - a young team with possibilities of improvement.

"They won nothing this season and that doesn't bring happiness to them it brings motivation. They will be much stronger next season.

"The young boys have more experience and for me Thierry is tops - no doubt about it.

"He is in the first level of the top strikers in the world and all the questions about his future will have finished."

Just goes to show how pathetic and bitter Arsenal's detractors must be if even Mourinho has such good things to say about our exploits this season!

Numeric
21-05-2006, 12:32 PM
i don't disagree with most of what Jose is sayin there...

Arse did battle well and deserve credit ofcourse, it's the whining from Terry Henry afterwards which dissapointed me...

DJsmallpaul
21-05-2006, 05:34 PM
That's good Traxx, funny as :lol:

dj casualty
21-05-2006, 06:02 PM
numeric is more amusing,he's hilarious

macca
21-05-2006, 06:09 PM
numeric is more amusing,he's hilarious

thats because hes a :clown:

dj casualty
21-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Numeric
21-05-2006, 07:17 PM

good one macca lad, here's a t-shirt custom made for you...

http://www.feckwear.com/storeimages/39225183_sm.jpg

:razz:

nick_anarchy
21-05-2006, 07:27 PM
made up barca won , tho arsenal did play better , a normal cheat/dive for the freekick for the 1st goal
as arsenal do ... barca barca

dj casualty
21-05-2006, 08:30 PM
ronaldo never dives does he nick,and numeric for that matter

Numeric
21-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Cristiano has been known to go to ground rather easily there's no questioning that...

dj casualty
21-05-2006, 08:47 PM
thankyou

macca
21-05-2006, 09:50 PM

good one macca lad, here's a t-shirt custom made for you...

http://www.feckwear.com/storeimages/39225183_sm.jpg

:razz:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7586/homo8oz.jpg

;)

nick_anarchy
22-05-2006, 11:16 AM
ronaldo never dives does he nick,and numeric for that matter

yes he does infact , but not as much as any arsenal player ... infact he aint been as bad as the 1st season .. but atrsenal are arsenal , im surprised they didnt dive for a pen in the last mins

Will
22-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Course not, and neither do Ruud, Rooney and a host of other players either. :roll:

nick_anarchy
22-05-2006, 11:57 AM
awww still sour on that pen u deserved to get at OT

Numeric
22-05-2006, 01:51 PM
i think almost every player in the top flight has been guilty of going to ground easily at some point, it's the way the game has gone, unfortunetly...

i look forward to the day when it has been irradicated from football...

278d7e64a374de26f==