unbelievable,just been wastchin the press conference
henry has just signed a 4 yr deal,great stuff,i'm well
chuffed,although i said all along he was stayin :paranoid:
a bit of tinkering with the squad,and a bit more luck on the injury
front and we'll be back in the mix come the business end of the
season

choppers
19-05-2006, 07:20 PM
i think he's just lookin to get arsenal a decent fee when Barca buy him ;)

Will
20-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Seems it's not just the Arsenal who are happy he's staying!

THIERRY HENRY’S decision to stay at Arsenal has been greeted with joy across the Premiership.

An ASTON VILLA spokesman said: “Apart from when we face Arsenal, we are delighted Thierry Henry is staying in the Premiership.”

BLACKBURN boss Mark Hughes said: “The presence of players like Henry helps maintain the Premiership as one of the world’s best leagues.”

BOLTON chief Sam Allardyce said: “He’s what the Premiership is about, a world-class player. He will enhance our domestic football again.”

CHARLTON midfielder Matt Holland said: “He can be even more of a talisman for their youngsters.”

CHELSEA chief Jose Mourinho said: “It’s fantastic. We should be very, very proud to have Henry playing in English football again next season.”

Former EVERTON ace Derek Mountfield said: “Many would have liked to have seen the back of him. But it’s good for the game he’s staying.”

SunSport columnist and former FULHAM defender Tony Gale said: “It’s wonderful to see a player showing loyalty to his club and fans.”

A LIVERPOOL spokesman said: “Henry is a very gifted player. We look forward to seeing him in the Premiership next season.”

MANCHESTER CITY boss Stuart Pearce said: “He can go on to be the undoubted No 1 Premiership player of all time.”

Former MANCHESTER UNITED defender Arthur Albiston said: “Henry is right up there with Cantona, Zola and Bergkamp as one of the best foreign players to have played in the Premiership.”

Lennie Lawrence, ex-boss at MIDDLESBROUGH, said: “His passion comes across to the millions. He has raised the bar in the last few years.”

NEWCASTLE legend Malcolm Macdonald, who also starred for the Gunners, said: “He lights up every pitch he plays on even if he breaks a few opposition hearts along the way. He is irreplaceable.”

PORTSMOUTH boss Harry Redknapp said: “He’s a credit to football and the Premier League.”

A READING spokesman said: “As newcomers to the Premiership, we are delighted such an exciting player will continue to grace English football.”

Former SHEFFIELD UNITED striker Brian Deane said: “He is one of the reasons why the Premiership is regarded as the best league in the world.”

TOTTENHAM great and SunSport columnist Chris Waddle said: “Arsenal must have broke the bank to keep him but he’s worth every penny.”

WEST HAM favourite Tony Cottee said: “I’d heard on the grapevine he was definitely going so it was a big surprise to hear he’s staying.”

WIGAN midfielder Lee McCulloch said: “I’m glad I’m not a centre-half when Henry is playing.”

jam
21-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Lennie Lawrence haha

Im over the moon hes staying,hes a joy to watch

Numeric
21-05-2006, 12:25 PM
he's a t**t and you all know it...

:lol:

... and we'll be back in the mix come the business end of the season

that's the thing though isn't it, with Chelsea buying success there is no business end of the season as such for the top end of the league, teams such as United, Liverpool and Arse have to be firing from day one and remain consistant or they're not gonna be in contention for the title...

dj casualty
21-05-2006, 01:06 PM
nah don't think so sunshine,i reckon it'll be a lot closer next season,chelsea have
no doubt raised the bar but the other three are all improving too,can see united
fading away over the next couple of seasons tho and doin 'a leeds'

Traxx
21-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Fingers crossed.

Numeric
21-05-2006, 07:22 PM
the 15 point gap seperating Arse and Liverpool at the end of last season sujects it'll be United and Liverpool challenging the closest...

nick_anarchy
21-05-2006, 07:28 PM
nah don't think so sunshine,i reckon it'll be a lot closer next season,chelsea have
no doubt raised the bar but the other three are all improving too,can see united
fading away over the next couple of seasons tho and doin 'a leeds'

hahaha bollox if anyone is goin to drift its arsenal

dj casualty
21-05-2006, 08:28 PM
nah sinkin ship mate ;) :lol:

nick_anarchy
22-05-2006, 11:17 AM
nah sinkin ship mate ;) :lol:

thats it , hence 2nd place :lol: with half a squad :lol:

Will
22-05-2006, 11:35 AM
And not forgetting 4th in the first round/group phase of the CL. :lol: And I'm sure Arsenal had as many if not more injuries.

nick_anarchy
22-05-2006, 12:10 PM
And not forgetting 4th in the first round/group phase of the CL. :lol: And I'm sure Arsenal had as many if not more injuries.

hahaha that was just a total ****up ..yeh we had a few impostant injurys but we treated the teams as if we were goin to walk past them and failed badly ..plus with the bans to rooney and schoes and injurys to ruud , saha , heinze for the season , keane it wa shard to cope but i think that gettin knocked out woke a few ppl up ... even tho we had prob the weakest squad out the top 4 in the prem we still came 2nd

Will
22-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Apparently 2 Spanish clubs bid £50m for Henry, no prizes for guessing who they'd be... I'd heard Barca thought they could get Henry for £10m since he only had 1 year on his contract... It'd be a bit mad if they did bid so much for him, unless they knew he was going to sign a new contract, so had to try and take the decision out of his hands. It'd be funny though, since it looks like Man U will only get £10m for Ruud!

nick_anarchy
22-05-2006, 12:20 PM
chelsea have made a bid for ruud 13m stupid if he lets him go there , stupid if he lets him go at all for such a low price ... will henry is a different clas sto ruud , ruud is just a fox in the box but holds it up well and lets u play off him , henry is somethin special , i wouldnt let him go for 50 m its good for the prem that hes stayin

Will
22-05-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm a surprised to hear you say that! Yeah, I'm glad we turned them down, but £50m for a player with one year on his contract and who hasn't won world player of the year is a decent price... But unless Ronaldinho would come the other way (which would never happen of course) it's not enough, it's hard to put a price on someone of that calibre...

Mind you, if he wanted to go and could have gone for a free next year it would have been a great price...

djfase
22-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Id have snapped thier hand of for 50mill no question and the fact hes 29 would have made it more appealing to sell.

Ruud on the otherhand wont go for more than 10mill and he wont stay in england.

Henry has far more to his game, but both are goalscorers no question, but henry can make his own goals, ruud cant

Will
22-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah, but selling Petit unsettled Vieira, and selling Vieira probably unsettled Henry, it's a vicious circle, I think you have to show ambition and try and keep your best players to attract new ones... You don't want people to think you're a selling club... Though of course it's a far better price than we got for Petit or Vieira!

Will
22-05-2006, 01:38 PM
chelsea have made a bid for ruud 13m stupid if he lets him go there , stupid if he lets him go at all for such a low price ... will henry is a different clas sto ruud , ruud is just a fox in the box but holds it up well and lets u play off him , henry is somethin special , i wouldnt let him go for 50 m its good for the prem that hes stayin

What if Gudjonsson went the other way as is mooted? I hope he doesn't go there, he's easily my least favourite Man U player and he'd no doubt win more than I'd like him to if he went there. Arsenal are being linked with Gudjonsson too, I suppose he'd be a decent signing...

Though after the CL final I'd quite like Owen since he always seems to score on the big occasions, though it wouldn't be easy and I dunno how well he'd play with Henry... and he's injury prone, but apart from that!

Numeric
22-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Henry has far more to his game, but both are goalscorers no question, but henry can make his own goals, ruud cant

not true...

Ruud is a different type of forward to Henry but is just as special, look at his goal tally last season and it speaks for itself...

10m is a ridiculous price for a player of his calibur...

Will
22-05-2006, 02:02 PM
No way is he just as special, Henry scored 6 goals more, 9 more in all competitions and he is far from just a goal scorer.

Numeric
22-05-2006, 02:08 PM
No way is he just as special, Henry scored 6 goals more, 9 more in all competitions and he is far from just a goal scorer.

yeah but Ruud was missing for long spells due to injury and ofcourse being out of favour, Henry played far more games than Rudd last season...

Will
22-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I bet they played a similar amount of games, Henry was injured too, and Ruud's injuries were last year.

Will
22-05-2006, 03:11 PM
There we go, Henry averaged a goal every 104 minutes on the pitch, whereas Ruud only averaged a goal every 131 minutes, so Henry clearly comes out tops!

Will
22-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Ruud made 35 appearances to Henry's 32 so there you go.

Traxx
22-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Told :lol:

Traxx
22-05-2006, 04:10 PM
+ id of sold him & his mah for 50 million...

Will
22-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Haha, how much would you sell Gerrard for then?? ;)

Traxx
22-05-2006, 05:09 PM
If he 'had' to go. The 50 million plus would do very nicely. Thing that does my head in in our league especially at liverpool. We always seem to get had off for our best players. If gerrard was at madrid or barca you wouldnt get near him for less then 50 million. Yet we near losing him for 35 million odd (providing they accepted & didnt try for more which i dont think that spineless twat parry would of).

Numeric
22-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Ruud made 35 appearances to Henry's 32 so there you go.

f**k off you c**t...

:cheese:

dan the acid man
22-05-2006, 10:49 PM
im glad he's staying, its always a pleasure to watch players of his skill play in our premiership :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==