21-05-2006, 03:21 PM
now i see where ive been going wrong!

thanks Tony :)

Mindful
21-05-2006, 10:45 PM
surely Its techno and its hard

capone13
21-05-2006, 10:54 PM
I never get why people always get into a debate about this, personally I don't care if people class Schranz as Hard Techno, just my opinion. :)

They are very similar anyway or even the same in my view. :techno:

koma
21-05-2006, 11:22 PM
let me quote Mario Ranieri... "f*ck schranz! call it hardtechno"

:lol:

capone13
21-05-2006, 11:25 PM

Got that on CD. :cheese:

The Overfiend
22-05-2006, 03:09 AM
You're quoting a Schranz producer.
How about asking Hard Techno artists how they feel about that.

The Overfiend
22-05-2006, 03:31 AM
When Adam Beyer did this
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF15953-01-01-01.mp3
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF66215-01-02-01.mp3
Which I would consider hard techno.

Do you think that should be associated with
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF219568-01-01-01.mp3
or
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF217302-01-01-01.mp3

The Overfiend
22-05-2006, 03:38 AM

I'm not the devil.
I'm just a fallen angel.

koma
22-05-2006, 03:56 AM
Sam, look... who cares about the name?
either you like it or not..

for me, there is just more than one view on how should hard techno sound like
I mean, it deff wouldnt be good if hard techno still sounded like older Beyer releases, wouldn it?
with so many different producers and labels, sound changes

and of course there's lots of crap, we've been on that subject too much times already, wont go there.
I see on some other boards people praising poor releases, produced and/or mastered obviously by deaf people

but its the same in every genre
and I can't say all schranz is bad, cause from time to time I find some releases (from artists most people consider "schranz") that are good and work on the dancefloor..

will we create dozens of new subgenre names every year or two? or is it easier to say "i like this kind of hard techno, but I dont like that one"
maybe you like the porsche, but hate Volvo at the same time.. but you're still driving a thing called a CAR...

evenn if you drive a Yugo, you can still say you drive a CAR.. although Yugo is a KARA..

The Overfiend
22-05-2006, 08:02 AM

If this was something you were passionate about it wouldnt be so funny would it.
Wuss boy :devilish:

eyeswithoutaface
22-05-2006, 11:15 AM

If this was something you were passionate about it wouldnt be so funny would it.
Wuss boy :devilish:

why waste passion on schranz? why waste anything on schranz for that matter? Hard techno yes, Schranz, nah

oldbugger
22-05-2006, 11:26 AM
well its deffinatly techno and its hard as nails. i'd say that classed it as hard techno.

sorry to point out the obvious here.

or does it drag down what you love somehow? i cant see why it should even figure in your world unless you want it to

BRADLEE
22-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I would say that there is schranz and then there is also hard techno personally. I think that generall Schranz is a bit more monotone, and generally a lot faster than hard techno. Sometimes the tracks can reach into the 160BPM range. Which is quite fast for if it was a hard techno track. Then there is the obvious over use of distortion...because I have said it once before...Distortion does not equal hard, but only the mood created by the tune itself. Don't get me wrong in that respect either...Distortion is a very good weapon if used properly and not overused. But if it's too heavy just makes things hard to listen to.

So to put an end to my rambling, yes there is a differane. Atleast in my humble opinion.

MARKEG
22-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Schranz is what it is.. It's a style of it's own....

But what I suspect Sam is fretting about is what I think about alot, which is that the older method of producing hard techno is getting lost because ppl think Schranz IS hard techno. I personally think the line is massive but if you don't understand techno, the line is NOTHING. and that's the problem here for artists like myself and Sam who are trying to do something different to Schranz based upon what it came from.

I dunno, you can say 'stop living in the past' and move on, but i personally think that hard techno is unfinished business. I don't class myself as a Schranz producer, although fair play to producers that make it and ppl that like it. god, i'll even play it if the party needs it...

but in the studio, for me.. hard techno is a very different ethos.. there's space between the beats and there's a need to break out of the 1 bar loop and put the funk in there. and 0 cheese or obvious samples. i don't know whether we achieve this, but i try my damndest to do it!

schranz for me, is the commmercial edge of hard techno. there's a place for it - i reespect that for sure.. hard techno is something else imho :)

koma
22-05-2006, 11:46 PM
and 0 cheese or obvious samples

samples like "me so horny" or Marthin Luther King speech?

Patrick DSP
23-05-2006, 02:28 AM
i have to agree with mark. it's as if the producers of schranz realized they have soiled their genre's name with crap production and covering up bad mixdowns with distrotion (99%of what's in that genre), and are looking for a cheap easy way to get out of that rut, ie. genre name change. I see a lot of schranz producers trying to argue this point and really confusing the hell out of people that are A) new to all this, and B) not from Germany/near there C) stop trying to call what was hard techno before in your eyes as hardgroove. I say keep calling it schranz but try make it better, and maybe it's image will turn around.

The Overfiend
23-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Exactly
Hardgroove is a label.
Not a genre.

FuK-NuT
23-05-2006, 03:27 PM
if its made by a machine then its techno....just some forms
are more shite than others ie Schranz, but its still techno imo

Adrenalin
23-05-2006, 05:39 PM
For me, Schranz is a form of hard techno, just like progressive is a form of house, but they are 2 very different things. If people ask me, what's the difference between hard techno and schranz, I just tell them "Hard techno is hard techno and schranz is really hard techno". Simple as that. It's all hard, it's all techno and just like with any kind of music, there's good artists and there are bad artists. Good schranz = Scott Kemix, DJ Ocram, Robert Natus, Kay D. Smith, etc. Good hard techno = Alex Calver, Mark EG, Henry Cullen, Martyn Hare, Audioklinik, etc. And I definitely don't think of Schranz as commercial! Except for Canada, the harder styles of electronic aren't as accepted in North America as they are in Europe, unforunately. If I spun a schranz set where I live, it would clear the place out and I would never DJ locally again! haha!

The Overfiend
24-05-2006, 03:08 AM
Kay D. Smith is by no means schranz, he's extremely good hard techno.

Adrenalin
24-05-2006, 04:25 AM
True. Though some Kay D. Smith tracks are very abrasive and have played well alongside schranz tracks.

MITA
24-05-2006, 08:03 AM
this!

A) have to agree with mark.

B) stop trying to call what was hard techno before in your eyes as hardgroove.

koma
24-05-2006, 12:44 PM
what is the purpose of this sticky anyway? to make so-called "schranz" producers not welcomed on BOA?

and give a break with that "funk" shit. most of you dont even think about the funk, about some higher meaning, about making something groundbreaking, different... you just want the track to work on a dancefloor, lets be honest.

schranz is just hard techno taken to the extreme. same as speedcore took hardcore to the extreme, and then 150 newstyle suckers started moaning "oh, I can't dance to that bla bla bla". who cares, I can and I'm fine with it :cheese: of course there's lots of shit in speedcore as well in schranz, but I dont spend my time moaning about it, I'll rather talk about the good stuff. or search something beyond those genres. there's tons of music out there, damn it...

oh and yes, the sales. schranz is selling better than "normal" hard techno. but thats no reason for slagging. I also get angry sometimes about some bullshit stuff selling 3 times more than nice, clean stuff.. but you can' t really blame that producers, but the audience, right? oh yeah, kids are the future of the music, ai? dont think so...

ps. oh, now when someone said something, lets say, against Glenn, topic gets locked. when before somebody said he's milking the same sound record after record, there was a beef about it. I remember a topic how "Andreas Kremer is the daddy of hard techno", although the man has put out dozens of ultra badly produced/mastered vinyls.
not forgetting Ben sims whose half of records sounds the same...

of course they all have put out great records too, but sometimes it seems to me some people are untouchable, while others can get slagged. if you want to slag someone, slag everyone...be fair.

eyeswithoutaface
24-05-2006, 12:46 PM
what is the purpose of this sticky anyway? to make so-called "schranz" producers not welcomed on BOA?

and give a break with that "funk" shit. most of you dont even think about the funk, about some higher meaning, about making something groundbreaking, different... you just want the track to work on a dancefloor, lets be honest.

schranz is just hard techno taken to the extreme. same as speedcore took hardcore to the extreme, and then 150 newstyle suckers started moaning "oh, I can't dance to that bla bla bla". who cares, I can and I'm fine with it :cheese: of course there's lots of shit in speedcore as well in schranz, but I dont spend my time moaning about it, I'll rather talk about the good stuff. or search something beyond those genres. there's tons of music out there, damn it...

oh and yes, the sales. schranz is selling better than "normal" hard techno. but thats no reason for slagging. I also get angry sometimes about some bullshit stuff selling 3 times more than nice, clean stuff.. but you can' t really blame that producers, but the audience, right? oh yeah, kids are the future of the music, ai? dont think so...

ps. oh, now when someone said something, lets say, against Glenn, topic gets locked. when before somebody said he's milking the same sound record after record, there was a beef about it. I remember a topic how "Andreas Kremer is the daddy of hard techno", although the man has put out dozens of ultra badly produced/mastered vinyls.

of course they all have put out great records too, but sometimes it seems to me some people are untouchable, while others can get slagged. if you want to slag someone, slag everyone...be fair.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MARKEG
24-05-2006, 01:14 PM
[quote=koma]what is the purpose of this sticky anyway? to make so-called "schranz" producers not welcomed on BOA?

good points koma :clap:

Miromiric
24-05-2006, 01:21 PM
koma is that bright, shining star on the horizon...

koma
24-05-2006, 03:22 PM
oh hell, I was hoping for a good beef.. what, no one? :eh:
nevermind, I'll go to some hiphop board then :cheese:

now everyone will think I'm defending schranz, but its just that I dont fancy spitting on the whole genre.

Kvitta has this new label called Bullshit and most tracks - for me - are so far really bad. But that same dude released some killer tracks aswell (like "Wild West") and he's releasing more every so often + he's crazy behind decks, you want someone to rock the place with really really hard stuff, he's your man.
heard some new record by Minupren too, but didnt like it at all, I was like "whos going to buy this?!". on the other hand, I find his "Naak symphony" really good, specially if you want to tear the place apart. so you see, you can't tell me there's no good stuff there.

and my friends know my attitude best when they're about to release or play something I dont like. yes, its different, they also know the way I'm thinking and that theres no plain negativity in my words. with internet boards its not that easy, you really have to be careful when typing sometimes... and I would really like for BOA to be opened for everyone and grow even bigger. I want to see more people here, more topics about good new releases, more debates, more reports from good parties.. more of every bloody thing due to which we love this damn music so much

BloodStar
24-05-2006, 04:32 PM
amen

Patrick DSP
24-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Those are lots of great points Koma, :clap: but i think the issue at hand is that it seems that producers of "Schranz" are trying desperatly to re-name themselves as "Hand Techno" and producers who were making "Hard Techno" as "Hard Groove" It is as if Schranz is a dirty soiled word that they want to escape from, and thus they feel the need to shift everyone else around in order to fit their square peg in the round hole. i don't think it was an issue of it not being techno, of course it is. just that its kind of bold and selfish to run away from something that was created and reclassify others in the process just so they can have a better image.*

* now i'm not saying ever producer under the schranz umbrella is trying to do this, but there are a lot. and it is confusing a lot of the kids out there. and hense the reason for this thread i think. Ceci n'est pas vrai, Tony?

massplanck
24-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Hardgroove? for fuk sake!

Are these guys cabbages or what?

koma
24-05-2006, 07:09 PM
dunno.. I know djs who play lots of Sims-like music are calling their style "hardgroove".
like those who play surgeon and regis usually say "i play birmingham" hehe.

some producers dont like the word schranz since its a sound connected with liebings earlier releases, which is a lot different from the sound that developed in Germany and around since then...
but yes, some are probably affraid of a negative effect after being classified as schranz, due to bunch of bad bootlegs and over-distorted stuff most usually connect with the word today

eyeswithoutaface
24-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Those are lots of great points Koma, :clap: but i think the issue at hand is that it seems that producers of "Schranz" are trying desperatly to re-name themselves as "Hand Techno" and producers who were making "Hard Techno" as "Hard Groove" It is as if Schranz is a dirty soiled word that they want to escape from, and thus they feel the need to shift everyone else around in order to fit their square peg in the round hole. i don't think it was an issue of it not being techno, of course it is. just that its kind of bold and selfish to run away from something that was created and reclassify others in the process just so they can have a better image.*

* now i'm not saying ever producer under the schranz umbrella is trying to do this, but there are a lot. and it is confusing a lot of the kids out there. and hense the reason for this thread i think. Ceci n'est pas vrai, Tony?

thats called shooting themselves in the foot, if the schranz guys didnt get like all their mates, and their brothers, and their mates brothers into releasing and ultimately saturating their own scene so much then they wouldnt have a reason to be so worried

its all techno, people really shouldnt be so worried about what other people are calling music

like what you like, play what you play, make what you make and anyone insecure enough to worry about what people are calling the music should probably go and have a rethink anyway

loopdon
24-05-2006, 07:39 PM
oh hell, I was hoping for a good beef.. what, no one? :eh:
nevermind, I'll go to some hiphop board then :cheese:

now everyone will think I'm defending schranz, but its just that I dont fancy spitting on the whole genre.

Kvitta has this new label called Bullshit and most tracks - for me - are so far really bad. But that same dude released some killer tracks aswell (like "Wild West") and he's releasing more every so often + he's crazy behind decks, you want someone to rock the place with really really hard stuff, he's your man.
heard some new record by Minupren too, but didnt like it at all, I was like "whos going to buy this?!". on the other hand, I find his "Naak symphony" really good, specially if you want to tear the place apart. so you see, you can't tell me there's no good stuff there.

and my friends know my attitude best when they're about to release or play something I dont like. yes, its different, they also know the way I'm thinking and that theres no plain negativity in my words. with internet boards its not that easy, you really have to be careful when typing sometimes... and I would really like for BOA to be opened for everyone and grow even bigger. I want to see more people here, more topics about good new releases, more debates, more reports from good parties.. more of every bloody thing due to which we love this damn music so much

i like your attitude, mate!

i aggree we should make BOA open for everyone and then sort out the jerks. if it got out of hand we could always put the registration limitation up again, imo. but that is Mark's forum and therefore i am none to decide it.. it would surely help the production forum :)

The Overfiend
25-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Ok.

Here's my synopsis.
As far as the whole closing the Glenn Wilson thread, any personal professional business he or anyone else here has could and should be handled behind closed doors. Not because I am a label mate or friend of his, because I am being a moderator. I could have gone off the deep end and given my opinion on the situation, but I chose to act as a moderator.

As far as the making this thread a sticky.
I felt it necessary to show the ideas and consensus among fellow producers.
Not just Hard Techno producers but producers in general.
Including some from detroit and others with huge names not to be disclosed.
If 5% of a group tries to define the rest of the whole there is still a 95TH percentile of the group that would like to have a say as to what is defined as what.
If schranz sounded like the Liebing/Walter work of the 90's then I am sure there would be no objection from the whole as to that being defined as Hard Proper Techno.
But as black and white as it may seem there is a line between schranz and techno.
I never said there was not good schranz out there.
What I have heard from the Protocast label is quite quite impressive, some of Arkus P's work is really good. Same for the new Amok mix and the material I have heard from Matame. So to say I have a bias is unfair.
What I do find is that I agree with Dsp whole heartedly.
Five percent of a whole do not have the right to define the whole.

eyeswithoutaface
25-05-2006, 09:47 AM
it was handled behind closed doors, but sometimes it takes a little nudge in public to get someone to listen up, and lo and behold it worked and my problem is on its way to being sorted, very amicably indeed too surprisingly. It wouldnt of been had i not posted what i did, thats a fact.

as for the rest, bah, no one has the "right" to define anything, and people really shouldnt worry, just do what you do and keep putting records out, cant really do much more than that, as much as this sticky does make sense, there is hardly a wave of shcranz producers on here who are all gonna stand up and take notice, its basically preaching to an empty pew

The Overfiend
25-05-2006, 04:38 PM
And how would you know that?
Blackout is a sea of screen names.
You would be quite surprized to know who dwells around here.
So you stating I am preaching to an open pew is purely your own personal opinion.

loopdon
25-05-2006, 05:01 PM
i'd say (and i know for a fact :) ) the main forum for the schranz stuff (i think they call it hardtechno not hard techno themselves) centers around the german united schranz board:

http://usb.unitedsb.de/

koma
25-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Sam, I see where you're going, who said anything about defining anything?

if someone comes to me and says "the stuff you're playing isnt real hard techno, it isnt fast and hard enough", I'm like LOL "dude, talk to the hand, the head's not listening".. same goes to those who can't stand harder stuff, so they start preaching me about it.. if you respect me, I'll respect you, thats the way it goes. If someone's talking bullshit, just ignore him. there's others things to worry about in life

I mean, I'd give my left arm to hear pounding grooves or glenn live again, although lots of kids around would probably say "ah, they arent hard enough, thats no hard techno". f*ck them, I refuse to lose my time over people unwilling to listen properly and learn. I'm just tired of talking...
nah, the scene over here is so ****ed up I'm tired of everything these days... years of effort for what, for nothing, bah...

schranz just grew as a perversion of hard techno, its in nature of every genre to develope its extreme versions after some time... I think :cheese:

now lets relax with a proper tune
http://www.schubfaktor.at/sf_downloads/releases/orep02b2.mp3

capone13
25-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Schranz is Hard Techno, but who really cares? It's all about loving the music, and as long as most of it sounds good, everyone's happy!! :)

Lujo
25-05-2006, 10:27 PM
It's all noise........

dirty_bass
25-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Techno is techno is techno.

I`m sick of people who play schranze only playijng schranze.
I`m sick of people who only play birmingham, only playing birmingham.
I wish people would open their eyes and ears and diversify.
It`s healthy and more creative.

All this, I am a schranze producer/DJ, I am a hardgroove DJ blah blah blah.
Crap.
Just call it techno and mix it all up.

djfilthmonger
26-05-2006, 12:56 AM

Crap.

Yeah i agree totally man . abit of acid , hard techno,schranz whatever. mix it all together and see what u come out with.

Miromiric
26-05-2006, 10:47 AM
with crap most probably :P

dirty_bass
26-05-2006, 12:00 PM
yeah cos playing an hour of almost identical sounding records is great right?

Miromiric
26-05-2006, 12:08 PM
no, it is also crap.

djfilthmonger
26-05-2006, 01:00 PM
with crap most probably :P

djfilthmonger
26-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Crap thats sum word. what does it even mean anyway.I dont think i ave used that word since i was in school a good few years ago.

dirty_bass
26-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Isn`t crap a Croatian word?
I think it means better than a rim job.

djfilthmonger
26-05-2006, 01:19 PM
ha ha. its what courty folk in ireland call there stuff. 'must bring me crap down the field ........'

Lujo
26-05-2006, 03:25 PM
ha ha. its what courty folk in ireland call there stuff. 'must bring me crap down the field ........'

Adrenalin
26-05-2006, 10:38 PM
AMEN Dirty Bass!!

I play U.K./London techno, hard techno, acid techno, schranz AND progressive house and the occasional breaks. All depends on my mood and where/when I'm spinning. If I played the same style all the time, I'd get sick of it really quick.

djfilthmonger
27-05-2006, 12:06 AM
AMEN Dirty Bass!!

I play U.K./London techno, hard techno, acid techno, schranz AND progressive house and the occasional breaks. All depends on my mood and where/when I'm spinning. If I played the same style all the time, I'd get sick of it really quick.

I hear u man. i like to experment with breaks and hard techno sumtimes. u know dat choon sesemes treet drum and bass track. i like to mix that to hard choon sounds deadly. i even mix the streets the lights r blinding my eyes with techno. its a bit of a challange as the beat is slow but when then choons r in sync its savage

Scott Kemix
27-05-2006, 04:30 PM

Crap.

spot on man, fuk the politics! Just enjoy the music you like and get on with it if you dont like schranz then fine and if you like hard techno then good for you.

Miromiric
27-05-2006, 05:06 PM
AMEN Dirty Bass!!

thats amazing :clap:

Scott Kemix
27-05-2006, 05:11 PM
word up

djfilthmonger
27-05-2006, 05:53 PM
AMEN Dirty Bass!!

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one

Scott Kemix
27-05-2006, 10:35 PM
AMEN Dirty Bass!!

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one

crime
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM

ROFLMAO...
who gives a shit??

DannyBlack
02-06-2006, 03:19 PM

ROFLMAO...
who gives a shit??

its true, why should it matter? i like... no, love both!! :twisted:

The Overfiend
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM

ROFLMAO...
who gives a shit??

People who know there is a difference.
I would expect you of all people to understand.

module
27-06-2006, 01:28 AM
why is this a sticky ?

do we really need to go thru all this again ?

The Overfiend
27-06-2006, 04:09 AM
What may not be important to you.
Is to others.

audioinjection
27-06-2006, 04:21 AM
hard techno is schranz

schranz is hard techno

:P

module
27-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Is to others.

dude, there are waaay more important (and versatile) points to be discussed.. this one has been done to death, and in truth, its subjective with no right or wrong, so whats the point ?

makin it a sticky does NOT make it an important issue.. its all techno ffs, and some daft label thats been misquoted time & time again is not going to change anyuthing, least of akk the actual music.

dump this thread asap & replace it with a subject that matters.

imo ;)

dirty_bass
27-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Compared to vocal house, all techno is rubbish anyway.

oldbugger
27-06-2006, 03:37 PM
lmao @ this being a sticky :lol:

hows about hardcore techno is not gabba aswell :lol:

kebabman
28-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Is to others.

Can't see you you winning this one, besides it looks like this is more important to you than anyone else. Should you be using stickies to try and enforce your view of what is or is not hard techno, considering your a moderator?

Xavi
28-06-2006, 01:46 PM
how can something over 150 - 160 bpm be called techno??? :shock: that type of muzik is much more closer to gabba and hardcore .... ?? for me the 1st such muzik lacks to be called tecchno is the fact thatit laccks definiton and inteligence ..

the originator of the word Schranz [ translation : REAL DANCE MUSIC ] .. [b]Chris Liebing makes it as it;s supose to be .. it;s schranz , >>> .. u can dance to it and it;s hard too .. :devilish: now that can be called techno

unlike the stuff that;s being called schranz at the momnet.. wich i s just blatant headbanging like gabba and hardcore ..

globaly there is a low level of profesionalism regarding production ... 90% of schranz production is just plain bad ... and calling that type of music hardTECHNO just gives techno a bad name .. :roll:

hyper production of shitty [funky loopy bongo, conga ] techno made this possible to happen .. quality is not important as sales anymore ...and that is killing the music // making me think how much is good quality music important anymore ?? and do people deffer it from rest of the shit that;s being put out there ..

and what i dislike also is the fact scrazners are confusing ppl that are new into the music [looks to me many producers are newbies too], taking the name hardtechno and labeling hardtech as hardgroove .. ??? wtf is that about .. ?? plz be REAL !!

hardtechno is much TOUGHER and harder than this thing they call schranz if u ask me ..

their schranz music drifted away from the true meaning of the word ... TECHNO ..and I cannot label it as such ..

it is suposed to be MUSIC >>

PS, i agree with Mark , Patrick and Mita .. too

The Overfiend
28-06-2006, 06:25 PM
how can something over 150 - 160 bpm be called techno??? :shock: that type of muzik is much more closer to gabba and hardcore .... ?? for me the 1st such muzik lacks to be called tecchno is the fact thatit laccks definiton and inteligence ..

the originator of the word Schranz [ translation : REAL DANCE MUSIC ] .. [b]Chris Liebing makes it as it;s supose to be .. it;s schranz , >>> .. u can dance to it and it;s hard too .. :devilish: now that can be called techno

unlike the stuff that;s being called schranz at the momnet.. wich i s just blatant headbanging like gabba and hardcore ..

globaly there is a low level of profesionalism regarding production ... 90% of schranz production is just plain bad ... and calling that type of music hardTECHNO just gives techno a bad name .. :roll:

hyper production of shitty [funky loopy bongo, conga ] techno made this possible to happen .. quality is not important as sales anymore ...and that is killing the music // making me think how much is good quality music important anymore ?? and do people deffer it from rest of the shit that;s being put out there ..

and what i dislike also is the fact scrazners are confusing ppl that are new into the music [looks to me many producers are newbies too], taking the name hardtechno and labeling hardtech as hardgroove .. ??? wtf is that about .. ?? plz be REAL !!

hardtechno is much TOUGHER and harder than this thing they call schranz if u ask me ..

their schranz music drifted away from the true meaning of the word ... TECHNO ..and I cannot label it as such ..

it is suposed to be MUSIC >>

PS, i agree with Mark , Patrick and Mita .. too

Could not have said it better.
And that is why this is a sticky.
Because it is a relevant and important topic for intelligent people to speak on.
Not to come in and say this thread sucks close it.
If you have an opinion on the debate then speak it instead of throwing sucker punches and scurrying off.

module
28-06-2006, 06:27 PM
xavi, where is th proof that what you say is gospel ? for i supsect it is purely based on opinion.

its subjective.. therefore, there is no right or wrong.

was 'schranz' not jus a descrip[tive word ? like 'funky' or 'minamil' or 'hard' or 'deep' ?

The Overfiend
28-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Is to others.

Can't see you you winning this one, besides it looks like this is more important to you than anyone else. Should you be using stickies to try and enforce your view of what is or is not hard techno, considering your a moderator?

It's not about winning or loosing.
It's about education.
I am not standing on a pulpit screaming.
It is a debate.

module
28-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Is to others.

It's not about winning or loosing.
It's about education.
I am not standing on a pulpit screaming.
It is a debate.

i dont think it is a debate.. i think its a massive collection of cross wires.. from the day the word was uttered, and forever more, 'schranz' will be a mammoth running joke.. not the music that has been tagged, the word itself.

eyeswithoutaface
28-06-2006, 06:47 PM
thread of the year

module
28-06-2006, 07:07 PM
its nerarly as good as the one in The Dungeon..

DJAmok
28-06-2006, 07:13 PM
It's gotten confusing lately.

The main confusing is between "Hardtechno" from Germany, which is what "Schranz" evolved into and "Hard Techno" from the UK, which is what Mark EG for example is doing.

So here's a little history lesson on what went on in Germany the last 5 years (again, note the difference between "Hard Techno" and "Hardtechno" or else this won't make sense).

When Schranz started in Germany, it became a huge hype. A year or two into the hype, Schranz as a word became unpopular and the music started to become soft and turned into what is now Techhouse. That aside it also started to suck. That's pretty much when I surfaced and started doing ridiculously hard 'Schranz' with the sole purpose of shocking and protesting this new, softer direction the music had taken.

The work of ViperXXL, Wittekind and myself gave birth to a new hype. 'Schranz' played at 150 bpm. Back then our sets mostly consisted of mostly UK Hard Techno and some of the harder German and French stuff. Think Glenn Wilson, Cold Dust, The Anxious, WJH, Stigmata, etc.

Since we didn't see it as Schranz, for lack of a better word, we called our music "Hard Techno" which was written as "Hardtechno" in order to keep Germans from writing it as "Harter Techno". (This was shortly before the iraq war and in Germany people tried to avoid english words as protest against the US or some shit).

So from then on everybody called the hard and fast stuff "Hardtechno". A bunch of new producers showed up, some good (Arkus P., OBI, Seema at the time), but most of them sucked. People started producing and djing on speeds of 155bpm and up to make their tracks sound harder. This of course wasn't gonna work, but like anyone ever listened to me....

People started stealing loops from each other, overcompressing the f*ck out of their productions, so you basically get some muddy drumloop shit with no highs which pumps for 2 monutes, then theres a break with some random noises and some angry sounding movie sample "haha now prepare to die". Of course that's when the compressor lets go, so the highs start screaming and it messes up you hearing, then the beat comes back in and it's back to the old mud sound.

Now, 3 years later, the scene has devolved into something I don't want to have a part in anymore. Hardtechno partys start at 160+bpm and end at... 160+bpm. NO WONDER party people get sick of this shit. Hell I love headbanging as much as anyone, but I feel insulted by the stupidity and lack of creativity of Hardtechno productions lately.

I pretty much quit playing any of that stuff in 2004 and worked my way towards a more Industrial Hardcore like sound, which in my opinion is far closer to UK Hard Techno than anything else. Names like Manu LeMalin, Daisy, Rude Awakening, Lenny Dee, Peaky Pounder, Ophidian, etc come to mind.

I got into hot water for it, I was threatened last year by DJs from the Hardtechno scene, that if I continued "opening the doors to our market for the the Hardcore guys, it would be the end of Hardtechno, because one can't compete with DJs like Lenny and businesses like Third Movement". Not that I cared. There was even a call for boycott against me. Promoters were threatened, that if they book me or any one from my agency, they would no longer get headliners from a certain agency.

So I started my own agency and right now we're promoting this new Industrial Techno style and building up a new scene. A scene where there will be no room for bpm contests, cokehead artists who mistake themselves for god, calls for boycott and all the other crap that ruined Hardtechno.

At least that's my vision and mission for the next few years.

Ideally there will be partys that start with Techno, move up to Hard Techno and from there go harder and harder until you end up with Industrial Hardcore.

eyeswithoutaface
28-06-2006, 07:35 PM
yeah, so basically it's all just hard techno then ?

sorted!

Miromiric
28-06-2006, 07:35 PM
if i understood this ocrrectly, there are some good and some bad producers from within this "hardtechno" school?

module
28-06-2006, 07:37 PM
:clap:

the best of wishes to ya Mr Amok... please continue to do 'your thing' as it is one of the few that matters.

kebabman
28-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Exactly. Can't argue with that at all. Sorry Sam but if you don't think what is categorised as schranz as hard techno then good for you. Pretty pointless though trying to think you can tell others what is or is not hard techno. Anyone who thinks hard techno has to remain between 135 and 145 bpm, be "intelligent" and have soul or whatever is clearly bonkers.
Add to that you agreed that fifth direction (Matame 02) was a great piece of vinyl, well I would say that three quarters of it are by what you would call schranz producers??? And that's not hard techno?

dirty_bass
28-06-2006, 07:45 PM

The main confusing is between "Hardtechno" from Germany, which is what "Schranz" evolved into and "Hard Techno" from the UK, which is what Mark EG for example is doing.

So here's a little history lesson on what went on in Germany the last 5 years (again, note the difference between "Hard Techno" and "Hardtechno" or else this won't make sense).

When Schranz started in Germany, it became a huge hype. A year or two into the hype, Schranz as a word became unpopular and the music started to become soft and turned into what is now Techhouse. That aside it also started to suck. That's pretty much when I surfaced and started doing ridiculously hard 'Schranz' with the sole purpose of shocking and protesting this new, softer direction the music had taken.

The work of ViperXXL, Wittekind and myself gave birth to a new hype. 'Schranz' played at 150 bpm. Back then our sets mostly consisted of mostly UK Hard Techno and some of the harder German and French stuff. Think Glenn Wilson, Cold Dust, The Anxious, WJH, Stigmata, etc.

Since we didn't see it as Schranz, for lack of a better word, we called our music "Hard Techno" which was written as "Hardtechno" in order to keep Germans from writing it as "Harter Techno". (This was shortly before the iraq war and in Germany people tried to avoid english words as protest against the US or some shit).

So from then on everybody called the hard and fast stuff "Hardtechno". A bunch of new producers showed up, some good (Arkus P., OBI, Seema at the time), but most of them sucked. People started producing and djing on speeds of 155bpm and up to make their tracks sound harder. This of course wasn't gonna work, but like anyone ever listened to me....

People started stealing loops from each other, overcompressing the f*ck out of their productions, so you basically get some muddy drumloop shit with no highs which pumps for 2 monutes, then theres a break with some random noises and some angry sounding movie sample "haha now prepare to die". Of course that's when the compressor lets go, so the highs start screaming and it messes up you hearing, then the beat comes back in and it's back to the old mud sound.

Now, 3 years later, the scene has devolved into something I don't want to have a part in anymore. Hardtechno partys start at 160+bpm and end at... 160+bpm. NO WONDER party people get sick of this shit. Hell I love headbanging as much as anyone, but I feel insulted by the stupidity and lack of creativity of Hardtechno productions lately.

I pretty much quit playing any of that stuff in 2004 and worked my way towards a more Industrial Hardcore like sound, which in my opinion is far closer to UK Hard Techno than anything else. Names like Manu LeMalin, Daisy, Rude Awakening, Lenny Dee, Peaky Pounder, Ophidian, etc come to mind.

I got into hot water for it, I was threatened last year by DJs from the Hardtechno scene, that if I continued "opening the doors to our market for the the Hardcore guys, it would be the end of Hardtechno, because one can't compete with DJs like Lenny and businesses like Third Movement". Not that I cared. There was even a call for boycott against me. Promoters were threatened, that if they book me or any one from my agency, they would no longer get headliners from a certain agency.

So I started my own agency and right now we're promoting this new Industrial Techno style and building up a new scene. A scene where there will be no room for bpm contests, cokehead artists who mistake themselves for god, calls for boycott and all the other crap that ruined Hardtechno.

Ideally there will be partys that start with Techno, move up to Hard Techno and from there go harder and harder until you end up with Industrial Hardcore.

Fair play to ya mate, that`s one of the most constructive and honest statements about a scene I`ve heard for a while.

Good luck to you.

eyeswithoutaface
28-06-2006, 07:47 PM
i mean im one of hard techno's biggest advocates, and i really, REALLY dislike most schranz, still love early wittekind ep's but now i find most of it a complete joke. But this thread is inane, condascending and certainly wasnt put up with the intention of a debate, it was "this is this, not that, accept it", which is a big no no, even i can see that and ive been guilty of some true schranz slagging in the past, the difference being ive made it known to those involved in the scene why i felt like i did about the sound. Now it just doesnt bother me, its not an area i work in or every am likely too, and im pleased with that

if it doesnt bother what your doing directly, then chill out. It's like all the minimal bashing, if your not involved in that area, or even like it, then whats the point in slagging it? we are all alot more grown up on here than we were 4 years ago, lets start acting like it

wenna
28-06-2006, 07:59 PM
can we not just call it all hard dance music and hen define it by the bpm? :eyes:

Miromiric
28-06-2006, 08:34 PM
it`s all techno.

Xavi
28-06-2006, 08:55 PM
xavi, where is th proof that what you say is gospel ? for i supsect it is purely based on opinion.

its subjective.. therefore, there is no right or wrong.

was 'schranz' not jus a descrip[tive word ? like 'funky' or 'minamil' or 'hard' or 'deep' ?

well i was stating my oppion,,, figured thatis the purpose of this thread by no means am i claiming something is truth or not i 'm only sying how i feel about the matter..dont take me wrong there is some great scranz out there ...and will be for some time... the whole divide thing is confusing,,,

my point is this new stuff 150 bpm is a world of it;s own,,, known as schranz... very different from what it originated from to be called hardtechno...

but still it;s only my oppinion and not the truth ...

the truth is out there :lol:

The Overfiend
29-06-2006, 01:45 AM
Exactly. Can't argue with that at all. Sorry Sam but if you don't think what is categorised as schranz as hard techno then good for you. Pretty pointless though trying to think you can tell others what is or is not hard techno. Anyone who thinks hard techno has to remain between 135 and 145 bpm, be "intelligent" and have soul or whatever is clearly bonkers.
Add to that you agreed that fifth direction (Matame 02) was a great piece of vinyl, well I would say that three quarters of it are by what you would call schranz producers??? And that's not hard techno?

Wow
I find it amazing how some good points are brought to light in here.
By well established producers and mates about the board, yet you choose to single me out in this discussion, I am not the only one here who is relaying the topic of this thread.
Especially one of the best points by Ben himself.
As far as Matame is concerned Jav is a friend of mine and I would support if he put a fart on vinyl out.
I never said I was against schranz or what is associated with.
I am against certain people involved with that scene trying to redefine what is hard techno.
So next time research what I type previous to looking like a derranged soccer fan saying yeah dude schranz rules you suck.
And Module, leave me be, we do not want a repeat of before, I've gone through the mill with you before, you also need to lay off the personal attack. Obviously there are people here that agree with my point so there is no use in you saying it is ....useless.
You are a hard techno producer are you not?
In your ads for your nights you say you are the underrated hard techno lad right?
How would you feel if you were classified as hardgroove?

kai
29-06-2006, 02:27 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Really good post - thanks for that -m prob done more than the rest of the entire thread to clear up the confusion between the two in my mind.

Good luck with the future plans - def the way forward imo!

module
29-06-2006, 06:38 PM
You are a hard techno producer are you not?
In your ads for your nights you say you are the underrated hard techno lad right?
How would you feel if you were classified as hardgroove?

no.. i make all sorts of techno.. from clicky bleeps to over compressed loop crap ;)

and tbh man ? i couldnt give 2 or 3 flying f**ks what ayone classes me as. if you think all i do is play Amok record after Amok record, then it shows you have no idea whatsoever of what i play.

i play everything from Amok to the Rolling Stones when i play out.. i been playing old house & techno from back round 92-95 on my monthly sundays.. last perpetual, i played mostly Sims/Broom/User type records. the previous, it was an Ableton set using my own loops. the one before that, it was a bit of everything, even old Hardfloor acid trax from like 93..

man, it aint all about your opinion here, i think Xavi had some great points, but i dont have to agree with them. its ALL subjective. jus like production.. there is no right or wrong, jus opinion.

and i have no beef with you. i jus dont agree with all your opinions. as you dont agree with all mine. which i think IS a good thing.

rhythmtech
29-06-2006, 07:32 PM
is chris liberator schranz?

kai
29-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't really see how you can say he is tbh - acid techno surely mate.

rhythmtech
29-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't really see how you can say he is tbh - acid techno surely mate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry m8.. was just tryin to take the piss!

kai
29-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Ha ha - had a sneaky feelin' you might be mate, but you never know do ya - heard sillier things from people in the past. ;)

The Overfiend
29-06-2006, 09:29 PM
and tbh man ? i couldnt give 2 or 3 flying f**ks what ayone classes me as. if you think all i do is play Amok record after Amok record, then it shows you have no idea whatsoever of what i play.

Funny thing is I never said that.
You are just using me as a scapegoat for your points.
Me and Xavi are not saying anything different.
Nor am I and Amok for that matter.
I never brought any opinion about schranz into this.
I don't even have much of a negative opinion on it.
It is it's own entity.
I am just against a handful of schranz producers and enthusiasts
Trying to redefine what is hard techno and trying to classify what is hard techno as hardgroove.
That is what this sticky is about.

module
29-06-2006, 11:41 PM
thats cool.. and no, you never said that.. bit of a tirade i admit & aplologise for.. i jus get etchy when ppl assume all i play is bang bang.. and from time to time go off.. my bad.

anyhoo.. yeah, its the classification i dont get. i jus dont see how it helps tbh. i personally jus see techno in levels of heavyness.

but yeah.. cool. i suppose if theres one here it saves having 13 across 3 other forums innit.

DannyBlack
07-07-2006, 07:06 PM
i love the schranz, i do.

Goblim
28-07-2006, 12:22 AM
When Adam Beyer did this
What's the name of these tracks?

robin m
28-07-2006, 01:31 AM
I haven't read the whole thread so this has probably been said already, but surely the main problem Sam is just that 'hard techno' is on the surface of it too broad a name for the specific genre you're so passionate about.

People can be forgiven for hearing schranz - thinking it's hard, it's techno... so it's hard techno. If they give a shit about it they'll know the difference, if they don't surely the term they use to describe the sound isn't worth worrying too much about?

The Overfiend
28-07-2006, 01:35 AM
No No No No
People have me misunderstood.
Ok
What is going on right now is that people involved in the Schranz scene
Are defining Schranz as Hard Techno
And what is usually considered Hard Techno since it is not in the same vein as what they are doing
It is being defined as Hardgroove.
To me Hardgroove is a label.
Not a genre.
I am not slaggin off schranz as a genre at all
Like people would like to say I am
My approach is more of a hey let us know first before you make the decision to redefine us.

robin m
28-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Everyone makes up their own minds what they want to call what they're listening too, anyway - listen to the 'wonky techno' channel on lastfm and you'll hear massive attack for f*cks sake...

Everyone has to work out their own mental filing system if they want to classify what they're listening to, and if other people's terms don't match up with yours that's their problem isn't it?

eyeswithoutaface
28-07-2006, 02:05 AM
someone lock this now, please

i beg

for everyone's sanity :crybaby:

audioinjection
28-07-2006, 03:10 AM
i heard wetworks makes schranz/hardstyle now
:P

The Overfiend
28-07-2006, 03:24 AM
Yeah and Trance with David F of monoid fame.

jon connor
28-07-2006, 03:59 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: we still on this subject a aint bin ere for a while and still the schranz crap still going on it`s wank its crap it`s a waste of vynyl it sounds shite on a system and worse when played on cd j`s , dont get me wrong there are sum dope producers out there like boris s etc this stuff i can handle its well produced with a nice crisp sound , but the cheap crap that goes around is wank wank wank ****in burn it , proper techno is proper hard techno ;)

fatcollective
28-07-2006, 04:14 PM
what you on about jon, you play shranz and have done for some time...all that robert natus, skull tunes etc... ya nutta :lol:

The Overfiend
28-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh snap!
It's on!
Ding!
http://www.irish-boxing.com/graphics/irish/Kevin_McBride_Mike_Tyson_Press_Conference.jpg

Patrick DSP
28-07-2006, 09:31 PM
the one with the face tattoo is you, right tony?

The Overfiend
28-07-2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9SCHLRDoY

Patrick DSP
29-07-2006, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTdXgj7gkkc

Aratron
29-07-2006, 03:19 AM
intense shit

The Overfiend
30-07-2006, 02:24 AM
When Adam Beyer did this

Drumcode 9
Which also has this gem on it.
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF15953-01-02-01.mp3

The Second was
The Time Ltd Remix

dirty_bass
31-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I reckon they should be allowed to call it whatever they want.
I think it`s really sweet.

Kinda like some little bunch of kids forming their own little club.
The red hand gang etc

dirty_bass
31-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Maybe they should make some little hand signs as well. A little H with their little fingers to represent Hardgroove.
All these little gangs with their little hand signs.
So sweet.
Disney should make a film about it.

The Overfiend
31-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Or secret handshakes with grip eh Steve.

loopdon
31-07-2006, 09:22 PM
When Adam Beyer did this

Drumcode 9
Which also has this gem on it.
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF15953-01-02-01.mp3

The Second was
The Time Ltd Remix

has this sth. the do with the 'The time e.p' (i think that's what it's called - by beyer as well..? coz i haver that and hate it :cheese: /rant off

The Overfiend
31-07-2006, 09:49 PM
There was the time p
then there was remixes

The Overfiend
01-08-2006, 09:47 AM
http://www.discogs.com/image/R-164791-1129155580.jpeg
http://www.discogs.com/image/R-164791-1129155603.jpeg
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=164791
This is the way Liebing intended on making his point.

rhythmtech
01-08-2006, 11:58 AM
ahhhh.. the return of the red X

dirty_bass
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Or secret handshakes with grip eh Steve.

Yeah, like a 13 step handshake ending in a finger snap with an "H" for the secret password

jon connor
02-08-2006, 12:52 PM
what you on about jon, you play shranz and have done for some time...all that robert natus, skull tunes etc... ya nutta :lol:

yea used to mate but that stuff was quality produced the shite im on a bout is the ****ing wank thats ot there ;) goes like this du du du du du nunununununu bishhh bishh bashhh loop the fecking loop half the time ripped off a decent techno tune :lol:

jon connor
02-08-2006, 12:57 PM

yea used to mate but that stuff was quality produced the shite im on a bout is the ****ing wank thats ot there ;) goes like this du du du du du nunununununu bishhh bishh bashhh loop the fecking loop half the time ripped off a decent techno tune :lol:

ahhhhhhhhhhh fuk this subject im gettin to old for this shite i cant be assed if the kids like it then cool mabey im just turning into a grumpy twat :razz: im joining the marines anyway im off to get sum action ;)

fatcollective
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhh fuk this subject im gettin to old for this shite i cant be assed if the kids like it then cool mabey im just turning into a grumpy twat :razz: im joining the marines anyway im off to get sum action ;)

your nuts man...totally nuts....will have to have a few beers soon mate!!!

massplanck
02-08-2006, 03:00 PM
anyway. Shranz is shite.

Continue.

Weaklings.

Technobitch
02-08-2006, 03:14 PM

your nuts man...totally nuts....will have to have a few beers soon mate!!!

y would you wana meet up with him :lol:

john you really guna join the marines? i want proof!!!!!

Frank Dogshit
02-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Schranz was ok until they started battering it with those shite samples.

Elmo Song
Schranz Slippy
Hardcore Salsa.

These are really shitty and have turned techno unbelievebly cheesey.

Just my 2 pence worth.....

Frank Dogshit
02-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Maybe Schranz should be classed as 'Cheesy Hard Techno'

massplanck
02-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I would love to record the screams of schranz producers being fed feet first ever so slowly into an industrial burger making machine.

Then I'd take the samples home , mess with them for a couple of minutes, get bored and just dump them into the recycle bin.

massplanck
02-08-2006, 07:32 PM
weaklings.

Patrick DSP
02-08-2006, 08:24 PM
HAHAAHAHAH
this thread is too funny. i love it.

dirty_bass
02-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Why are we even discussing hard house on a techno forum?

The Overfiend
02-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Because we are Hardgroove producers.

tocsin
02-08-2006, 10:40 PM

Elmo Song
Schranz Slippy
Hardcore Salsa.

No kidding. We need to return to the non-cheesey days when 2Unlimited and the Smart-Es ruled!

greasyfastspeed
03-08-2006, 10:17 AM
it might not be great like, but at least theyre partying, thats the main thing.

RDR
03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Here's an idea.

Its all...

MUSIC.

how about that. stop in-fighting or ill call the genre police.

RDR
03-08-2006, 02:20 PM

Elmo Song
Schranz Slippy
Hardcore Salsa.

No kidding. We need to return to the non-cheesey days when 2Unlimited and the Smart-Es ruled!

Bahahaha!

top comment.... :lol:

massplanck
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM

Elmo Song
Schranz Slippy
Hardcore Salsa.

Bahahaha!

top comment.... :lol:

I think its a pretty stupid comment if you read into iot.

Roxy Trip
04-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Here's an idea.

Its all...

MUSIC.

how about that. stop in-fighting or ill call the genre police.

hahaha i wasnt gonna read all 10 pages. i knew someone would come to this conclusion in the end!

its an arguement no ones gonna win i reckon cos everyones got different ideas of what techno, hard techno and schranz is! :cheese:

personally i dont like schranz at all though and i dont think it is hard techno, but then again im always debating with people what hard techno actually is. every ones got theyre own ideas of it

long as its good, not stupidly fast, and definatly not cheesey then i like it :cheese:

A.P.
04-08-2006, 04:22 PM
END OF TOPIC.

Frank Dogshit
04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
One day I hope Surgeon makes a Schranz record!

audioinjection
04-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Magnese (Schranz Rework)

haha

bayley
05-08-2006, 08:21 PM
some people may think that ur average porn movie is hardcore, whereasa i wont even watch anything that doesnt involve strangling pigs and ass wanking them after they die... this is true with pretty much everything, including music.. i havent read the whole thread, but i do agree that some of the scranz releases have been very unimaginative to say the least... my point is, is pig death wankable???

rhythmtech
05-08-2006, 09:41 PM
y does every conversation on BOA usually end up with someone wanking a pig?

Stella Boy
05-08-2006, 10:38 PM
because the goats dont like it

jon connor
07-08-2006, 03:57 PM
good point ;) but schranz is torture to me now feckin torture :lol: but thats me i do like quality fuked up nucklear techno but it has to sound right dude , fuk sake sum shit i play melts my mums fecinking brain away , kay d smith etc , but its ****in great i love that stuff . but this ittsy bittsy tini weeny yellow poka dott bekeeny shranzy little bastardo stuff that is ****IN CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! STOP IT :bonk:

ds2
07-08-2006, 05:38 PM
good point ;) but schranz is torture to me now feckin torture :lol: but thats me i do like quality fuked up nucklear techno but it has to sound right dude , fuk sake sum shit i play melts my mums fecinking brain away , kay d smith etc , but its ****in great i love that stuff . but this ittsy bittsy tini weeny yellow poka dott bekeeny shranzy little bastardo stuff that is ****IN CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! STOP IT :bonk:

:eh:
has kay d smith stopped making that schranz shit now then?

:coffee:

audioinjection
07-08-2006, 06:34 PM
i dont think kay d. smith was schranz though, more on the hard techno side

eyeswithoutaface
07-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Kay D is hard techno really but its easy to see the confusion, he uses wayyyy to much distortion in his tracks sometimes for my liking, and i'd much prefer some material from 5 years ago or more, more like "heatflash" on Construct Rhythm years back

ds2
07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Kay D is hard techno really but its easy to see the confusion, he uses wayyyy to much distortion in his tracks sometimes for my liking, and i'd much prefer some material from 5 years ago or more, more like "heatflash" on Construct Rhythm years back

what do you mean 'see the confusion' you patronising cnt :razz:
form & construct rhythm along with c.l.r. etc were the biggest "schranz" labels around back when i was stocking them 6/7 years ago.

anyway, isn't schranz just some joke name liebing made up and all the german kids just stuck the label on anything banging?

can't believe i've actually posted on this topic.

what next..,
detroit isn't techno.
minimal is a genre....

eyeswithoutaface
07-08-2006, 08:08 PM
haha no patronising at all mate, to the average brainless german the likes of Kay D will be lumped in the schranz bracket

and 6/7 years ago i think its more than fair to say those labels were genuinely regarded as just proper hard techno label, certainly in general its only on forums like this were proper "discussion" of genres and sub-genres get's all twisted and personal really

your right though, this is a stupid thread, pointless and born out of something that isnt there, who gives a freaking toss if schranz producers are calling what they do hard techno and calling hard techno hard groove. It doesnt mean shit, people freaking out over nothing

The Overfiend
07-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Kay D Motherf*cking Smith
Now that is Hard Motherf*cking Techno
By All Means.

jon connor
14-08-2006, 04:17 PM
i dont think kay d. smith was schranz though, more on the hard techno side

:lol: thankyou adio injection exactly but listen ok there is sum good stuff out there but however these bloody skinny bootlegs and hammering of pure nonsense has given the well produced shranz a bad name like ive said b4 early ;)

jon connor
14-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Kay D Motherf*cking Smith
Now that is Hard Motherf*cking Techno
By All Means.

The Overfiend
14-08-2006, 05:01 PM
your right though, this is a stupid thread, pointless and born out of something that isnt there, who gives a freaking toss if schranz producers are calling what they do hard techno and calling hard techno hard groove. It doesnt mean shit

Then how about you don't worry about it and keep your negative opinion out of the "stupid" thread.
if it's so stupid ignore it.

eyeswithoutaface
14-08-2006, 06:36 PM
there are much more negative comments in this thread along the same lines, i dont see u singling them out

grow up Tony man we had our beef in private, if you want to carry it on do it in private not on here, your a mod for gods sake, you should be setting an example

Frank Dogshit
14-08-2006, 06:39 PM
both partial to a bit of beef arent you.

davethedrummer
14-08-2006, 06:40 PM
we are the mods
we are the mods
we are the
we are the
we are the mods !

eyeswithoutaface
14-08-2006, 06:53 PM
haha definately Frank my old son

you going the Jam old squire?

The Overfiend
14-08-2006, 10:04 PM
there are much more negative comments in this thread along the same lines, i dont see u singling them out

grow up Tony man we had our beef in private, if you want to carry it on do it in private not on here, your a mod for gods sake, you should be setting an example

I don't see how calling a thread stupid is adding to the discussion.
That is what I am saying.
As far as personal business I have none with you.
Your issues are not relevant to me or this thread.

eyeswithoutaface
14-08-2006, 10:13 PM
if they are not relevant then why tell me to not post in this thread? make your mind up son!

The Overfiend
14-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm not feeding into your childishness
Do as you will.
You're only playing yourself.
By the way, your shoes are no where near my mothers bedpost.
Don't call me son.

conflict
14-08-2006, 11:13 PM
we are the mods
we are the mods
we are the
we are the
we are the mods !

haha quality quality film

;)

eyeswithoutaface
14-08-2006, 11:23 PM
haha

i love you Tony, really i do

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 01:04 AM
we are the mods
we are the mods
we are the
we are the
we are the mods !

haha quality quality film

;)

glad someone got it
jesus it's hard to tell jokes in this place.
if this forum were a stage and i was a stand up comedian
you guys would be the audience from hell

hecklers

know it alls

stoney faces all round jeessuusss !!!

"yes yes yes" they all say in unison

"but what if jeff mills said that ? would it be funnier ?"

so.....
how many jeff mills does it take to change a lighbulb?
well he'll have to learn to mix first .........

:dance: :clown: :dance:

dan the acid man
15-08-2006, 02:19 AM
i still don't get it :scratch:

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 02:44 AM
:roll:

oh for gods sake

dan the acid man
15-08-2006, 02:47 AM
sorry :oops: :lol: i don't think i've seen the film :doh:

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 02:50 AM
sorry :oops: :lol: i don't think i've seen the film :doh:

quadrophenia !!!!

really !!!

never???????

oh dear you are missing some claassic stuff
i suggest you get down to you video rental retailers as quickliy as possible , or at least as fast as those short legs will carry you

dan the acid man
15-08-2006, 02:56 AM
is that what it's from,
yeah, i've never seen it :oops: it's one of those films i've meant to watch a thousand times, i even borrowed the dvd last year but never got around to watching it :oops:

rhythmtech
15-08-2006, 02:59 AM
what you mean? .... i AM the face :)

davethedrummer
15-08-2006, 03:14 AM
what you mean? .... i AM the face :)

14 inch bottoms ..
side vents...

The Overfiend
15-08-2006, 04:26 AM
never heard of it

Patrick DSP
15-08-2006, 05:10 AM
never heard of it

that's cause you're gay tony.

The Overfiend
15-08-2006, 06:07 AM
never heard of it

that's cause you're gay tony.

Dammit Pat you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that romantic night in New Jersey.

piginabush
15-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Right, it seems I have missed most of the serious discussion, but Ill chuck my two-penneth worth in;

I read this thread about 2 months ago when I decided I was going to make the change from Hardstyle to Techno but it confused me so much and didnt clear anything up.

I have bought some bits of Hard Techno and some bits of Schranz and at first the only way I could tell the difference was by which section of the online record shop I was in..... but now I have listened a little more I can now see there is quite a difference between the two.

I use the way that I structured my Hardstyle sets to aid me; people say that Hardstyle is Hardstyle and there cannot be any progression through a Hardstyle set, but there are tunes that when you listen to them you would not think of using them at the end of your set as they are too floaty/light and the same with some others you wouldnt dream of starting a set with as they are grinding and pounding and need to be played at the end of the set. If I was in the mindset of making up new genres I would have called them "SoftStyle" and "HarderStyle", but that would have been silly!!!

Now take this into the Hard Techno/Schranz debate; The couple of tunes I have have been listened to, mixed and recorded and replayed and the stuff that is IMO Hard Techno is the stuff you are going to play at the start of your set; yes, its still hard and if you follow a Hard Trance DJ its still going to scare a dancefloor for a couple of minutes, but its going to aid the progression of your set through to the "Harder Techno", or as our german friends have decided to call it, "Schranz"!!!

As for the cheesy element of Schranz, there are cheesy elements in EVERY genre of music, Techno, Hardstyle, Hard House etc etc you will always get a producer of any style that will have a cheeky idea and will have the equipment and the need to release that cheeky idea onto vinyl. I have had ideas to encompass an S Club 7 record into a Hard Techno remix, yes it would be the cheesiest thing you had ever heard but the derisory comments it would attract would bounce off me because it was only a bit of fun. I am pretty sure that producers of any sound that do cheesy stuff know thats what they are doing, and dont really care as long as the money goes in the bank at the end of the month.

tots
28-08-2006, 04:09 PM
When Adam Beyer did this

Do you think that should be associated with
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF219568-01-01-01.mp3
or
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF217302-01-01-01.mp3I wouldnt associate the two at all,personally i dont get a kick out of the distorted sound of schranz i like sharp snappy synths as well as the drums,i think if you like hardcore you'd find it easier to enjoy. :techno:

Patrick DSP
28-08-2006, 07:38 PM
...but its going to aid the progression of your set through to the "Harder Techno", or as our german friends have decided to call it, "Schranz"!!!

Actually i thought this all was about some German producer's calling their Schranz music "Hard Techno", and what everyone else was calling Hard Techno as "Hard Groove". Thus getting rid of the shit Schranz moniker that they started and shifting everyone else over to accommodate them.

Scott Kemix
01-09-2006, 08:41 PM
...but its going to aid the progression of your set through to the "Harder Techno", or as our german friends have decided to call it, "Schranz"!!!

Actually i thought this all was about some German producer's calling their Schranz music "Hard Techno", and what everyone else was calling Hard Techno as "Hard Groove". Thus getting rid of the shit Schranz moniker that they started and shifting everyone else over to accommodate them.

'schranz' aka 'hard techno' - 'hard techno' aka 'schranz' its just a word dont worry about it. Even call it 'pinguin acid trance' if you like or 'wonky tonky techno'. Its all techno at the end of the day. I have never heard hard techno being named 'hard groove'? Schranz is just a type of hard techno, and just falls into this category , simple as that i reckon

278d7e64a374de26f==