PDA

View Full Version : hydraulix lacks dept????

rhythmtech
21-05-2006, 02:52 PM
just having an arguement with somebody who is trying to inform me that hydraulix productions are loopy and lack dept..

just wondering what everyone else thinks?

dan the acid man
21-05-2006, 03:55 PM
go and play him a dj tool record, that will end the stupid argument

rhythmtech
21-05-2006, 03:58 PM
*she likes purist techno

eyeswithoutaface
21-05-2006, 07:07 PM
what's purist techno when its at home?

rhythmtech
21-05-2006, 07:14 PM
god knows.. techno for snobs as far as i know?!?!

RDR
21-05-2006, 11:18 PM
What nonsense. Some good production work on hydraulix.

No offence to ya mate R-tech, but is she deaf or just inexperienced?

rhythmtech
21-05-2006, 11:53 PM
What nonsense. Some good production work on hydraulix.

No offence to ya mate R-tech, but is she deaf or just inexperienced?

inexperienced!!! :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
22-05-2006, 02:11 AM
yeah there are some phat tracks on hydraulix, and depth is subjective really, of course they'l have depth, but obviously not as much as productions by say Aril Brikha or Stewart Walker, off the top of my head, but there not supposed to really, sounds like your mate cant seperate her own personal preference from production values

i find a slap usually iron's out any underlying problems

fresh_an_funky_design
22-05-2006, 10:16 AM
slap her with a wet haddock, anyway who we talking about... anyone we know
?

there is some good purist techno out there, but usually to me it it sounds like an excuse to drop the production qualityand loop it.

eyeswithoutaface
22-05-2006, 11:25 AM
well if by purist techno she means the deeper, more indulgent side of things, then the production standards will be anything but dropped, they will vastly improve. Compare the production of some of say, Diego's seriously deep stuff compared to about 95% of hard techno/acid techno and the production differences are vastly noticable, as unfortunately with alot of the dancefloor stuff people seem to be content just to have that big flat kick at the front of the mix and everything else buried in behind it

there's good and bad produced records on every label though, i really dont know a single label who havent put out an underproduced record at some point, wether or not they deem it phat and full of depth.

dirty_bass
22-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Sometimes they can be a bit loopy, and lack depth, and sometimes they can be fairly "deep"
Does it matter?
Hydraulix is good, professionally executed solid up-tempo party techno with a dose of `avin-it-ness.
If you want detroit, get a detroit record. If you want schranze get a schnranze record.
Your mate sounds confused.
Does she expect some 6/8 deep experimental audio experiment on hydraulix or somthing?

eyeswithoutaface
22-05-2006, 12:02 PM
haha exactly, its like comparing Twerk to DDR

doesnt really work

TechMouse
22-05-2006, 12:08 PM
*she likes purist techno
Loosely translated: You've lost the argument before you've started.

She won't listen to sense.

Miromiric
22-05-2006, 12:16 PM
i bet she did not have in mind technical depth ;)

mattboyslim
23-05-2006, 12:04 AM
i've heard ade fenton play hydraulix records. he did have the labels covered up so knowone in the booth knew what they were (a bit 80s hip-hop...or not), but at least he was prepared to play something becauxse he liked it, and not just because it was on a certain label, and conforming to a certain standard.

dirty_bass
23-05-2006, 12:22 AM
he did have the labels covered up so knowone in the booth knew what they were (a bit 80s hip-hop...or not)

there is so many reasons this is just a wrong thing to do.

mattboyslim
23-05-2006, 12:56 AM
he did have the labels covered up so knowone in the booth knew what they were (a bit 80s hip-hop...or not)

there is so many reasons this is just a wrong thing to do.I guess, but then who else, who has ever played for atomic jam, would play a hydraulix record?

I guess he was saving his arse from the bullshit that certain people in that scene would give him for playing 'london' records

fresh_an_funky_design
23-05-2006, 12:22 PM

there is so many reasons this is just a wrong thing to do.I guess, but then who else, who has ever played for atomic jam, would play a hydraulix record?

I guess he was saving his arse from the bullshit that certain people in that scene would give him for playing 'london' records

thats so fuc king sad, that you get sh it for playing an 'acid' techno record.

Miromiric
23-05-2006, 12:39 PM
all this time i thought it was hardhouse lol

TechMouse
23-05-2006, 04:00 PM
he did have the labels covered up so knowone in the booth knew what they were
Bit pretentious...

TechMouse
23-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I guess, but then who else, who has ever played for atomic jam, would play a hydraulix record?

I see your point but it's a bit sad if he's that worried what other people think of him.

fresh_an_funky_design
23-05-2006, 04:28 PM

there's quite a difference, bit like saying techno is trance really

mattboyslim
23-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I guess, but then who else, who has ever played for atomic jam, would play a hydraulix record?

I see your point but it's a bit sad if he's that worried what other people think of him.well he wears make up so he's bound to have a complex :cool:

RDR
23-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Simple makeup= complex issues...

aint that the truth

dirty_bass
24-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Ades alright. Stop pulling his vest.

Miromiric
24-05-2006, 10:17 AM

there's quite a difference, bit like saying techno is trance really

my bad :clown:

TechMouse
24-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of makeup. Ask DJ Rush...

mattboyslim
24-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of makeup. Ask DJ Rush...ha with 30 inch heals he can get away with it

eyeswithoutaface
24-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of makeup. Ask DJ Rush...ha with 30 inch heals he can get away with it

finished off with a lovely sailors outfit

stunning

278d7e64a374de26f==