PDA

View Full Version : Loopdon - The beast within *Dark Techno*

loopdon
22-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi folks!

This is something i did today. Pretty dark stuff. Hope you like it.
All comments welcome.

The beast within:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tnp5c1

rhythmtech
22-05-2006, 04:24 PM
nice and deep opening. could possibly do with a slight cut under 30? again production is quite good. lacks a little bit of sparkle.

i love the way it just fades in after the big noize.

i'd do a little more with the snare as it kinda drags out but overall not too bad, just needs a little work.

loopdon
22-05-2006, 05:30 PM
This is V2. Thanks for the pointers, rythmtech. Did a normal snare this time :) and some cleanup and sparklification.

V2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1nokz3

Hope this is better...

rhythmtech
22-05-2006, 05:33 PM
lol at sparklification!!!!

d/l now.

rhythmtech
22-05-2006, 05:39 PM
sounds much better now.. snare is nice with a weird 80's feel to it. your sparklification machine worked!

loopdon
22-05-2006, 06:11 PM

it has this gated snare style :lol:

BRADLEE
22-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I like it myself Martin. Only in the phones man so I don['t have much to say in terms of mixdown...But it sounds to me liek the loopdon is backin action

loopdon
22-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks, homie :)

I have checked yor pm as well - will get back to you soonish!

dirty_bass
23-05-2006, 01:09 AM
I dunno about dark, this is just proper techno to me.
Minimal but still driven.
Nice high bass compressed kick in this, I do like the way these kind of kicks act on a soundsystem. Very deceptive.
I thought maybe the main riff, stab that runs all the way through could maybe have more motion, or drop in and out a bit more, as it`s the main mid high drive, but gets a little overused and loses impact.
Verall, some more stuff happening would be nice, some synth work, or more movement and ambience. Something to lift this up above being a mixing tool.

Good stuff though mango, it`s really nice to finally hear what you can do, and I`m pretty impressed with the overall quality.

loopdon
23-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Thanks a lot, Steve! The entire arrangment aspect is still sth. i have to get into a lot more. I am enjoying seqeuncing more and more after ages of really ony making loops. It's just so i can put things away and say they are finished for my mind's sake.

I know these thinngs still could use a great deal of movement/edits etc. and i will slowly work my way into that, i promise. If i just weren't so obsessed with reaching a good level of sound quality :cry:

The problem with this thingie was that i had exported the 'main' loop several times as a wave-file (doing things to it evry time-then resampling the whole lot) and couldn't change it as much/freely/easily as i later wanted to do.

Sometimes i think Fruity loops isn't for me coz it's still less visual than other sequencers and it's darkness can be rather depressing...

On the other hand i know that program best :eh:

I just need to spend more time methinks!

//Ramble off: Thanks a lot to you Steve, and off course all the others helpng me out :) Means a lot to me!

loopdon
25-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Slightly (!) changed V3. Is the mix better? To much bass in this?

Dunno if my ears are ****ed :( :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7g3q8s

lau
26-05-2006, 10:36 AM
oepsie guess I missed this one....

Anyways.. downloaded V3........

Production sounds really nice.... I love the way the kick sounds really phat.... I never get em to sound like that coz they always start interfering with my bass.....

Dont think theres to much bass in this one.... maybe just a bit too little... :paranoid:

Arrangement wise I think you can make some more changes, freaky edits and trow that main stab in and out....

dope track !!

loopdon
26-05-2006, 03:53 PM
thanks a lot, lau!

i worked my ass off on that kick. i think the main thing i did was saturate, saturate and saturate again...

i used elogoxa bassexpander (freeware)
+ mb creambass (freeware)

.. can't remember exactly but i can have a look..

very very glad you like it. thanks!!! your stuff is fresh as hell :techno:

Mindful
26-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Ill grab this tonight mate

loopdon
26-05-2006, 08:07 PM
thanks mindful! awaiting your comment :)

Mindful
28-05-2006, 09:43 PM
very cool
has a bit of a Rino cerrone vibe about it.
Love the kick and bass, sounds realy realy tight(the second beat with the clap/snare is super tight)
overall the production is very nice, lots of space.
track wise it has a lot of subtle things going on to maintain intreast with the groove.
Would fit in very well with the Italian sound I feel(a sound I like myself)
nice one LD

loopdon
28-05-2006, 10:44 PM
thanks so much, mindful! really really motivating.

in v1 i had the snare on the 16th before the second kick, not on it. sth. i had heard for the first time in speedy j's krekc i think, then in liebing stuff (manwolf remixes) and other stuff. rythmtech din't like it. so i put up a different more conventional version up which i think sounded better. so thanks again, rhythmtech!! version 2 to 3 had a snare pattern added every few bars... and a change of plugus used. the kick became more 'beefy' i think. still wip (Work in progress, though)

Thanks for the encouragement :techno:

278d7e64a374de26f==