PDA

View Full Version : Great signing

djfase
22-05-2006, 10:04 PM
It appears arsenal have signed tomas rosicky from dortmund.

If true its a quality signing

basslinejunkie
22-05-2006, 11:21 PM
****.hes class!!!

Traxx
23-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Aye he is alright from the few times i have seen him.

BloodStar
23-05-2006, 09:39 AM
good for both sides,. for Arsenal and also big step forward for Tomas. as i know he also negotiated with Atletico Madrid,. but i think Arsenal is better choice.. good.

Will
23-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Apparently Dortmund paid £18m for him! I wonder how much we got him for... Seems like a quality signing, I'm surprised no-one picked up on it really, since he was close to signing in January and his agent was saying it'd probably go through in the summer. I wondered what was happening on that front... Seems like a very good start for next season!

basslinejunkie
23-05-2006, 02:18 PM
£6.8 mill apparently,he has a clause in his contract

Traxx
23-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Bargain that!

Will
23-05-2006, 03:31 PM
He seems like a great signing overall, only 2 downsides, he's hardly prolific, scoring 20 goals in 5 and a half seasons, though 15 in 53 internationals isn't so bad and he's another that'll be out muscled by the likes of Bolton no doubt... Apparently he was brought down 38 times in one game against Bayern Munich and they had 2 players sent off as a result! So if he gets the players sent off who foul him it'll be alright I guess...

Still, he'll be another technically gifted player who should sign in europe at least, so hopefully we'll be able to go one better next season! I just hope we add some more firepower and physicality now, which is what we really need... Could mean the end of Pires' Arsenal career now though...

Will
23-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Shine, not sign! In europe that is.

Will
23-05-2006, 03:42 PM
He said Arsenal are the best club in europe too!

djfase
23-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Well hes talkin out of his ass on that one.

But yeah hes a quality player, and i can only see the end of hleb as they are the same sort of player.

Hes an attacking midfielder thats why he hasnt scord as many goals as ppl think he has. Hes not a striker, hes a playmaker

Will
23-05-2006, 04:14 PM
I hardly think it'll spell the end of Hleb since he's only been with us a year and he's done well so far, I'm sure there's room for both... I mean you want 2 players for every position anyway. It'd be nice if he'd add more goals from midfield though.

Anyway, he's entitled to his opinion! People say Barca are the best team in europe, but they scraped a victory against 10 man Arsenal so it could be argued we're better than them at least.

french_og
23-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah but Barca also won La Liga and Arsenal finished 4th in the Prem.

basslinejunkie
23-05-2006, 09:32 PM
barca are the best team in europe theres no arguing that.

we were linked with rosicky a little while ago so im wondering why we didnt bid.....

Traxx
23-05-2006, 09:41 PM
We were after him when softarse was in charge.

Will
24-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Here's the full quote from Rosicky...

He declared: "Why Arsenal? Because I think they are the best club in Europe. Arsenal showed us in the Champions League that they are such a strong side, with big potential."

He added: "There are a lot of young guys - I think we can be even better next season. When I was 20, I played at Highbury (for Sparta Prague) and scored too, there was a great atmosphere.

"I have been waiting for this move and am very happy to be here and will give everything for Arsenal."

Rosicky is relishing the opportunity to play alongside Henry.

"It was great news - he is the best striker in the world and everybody knows that," Rosicky told Arsenal TV Online.

Will
24-05-2006, 12:07 PM

I bet they wouldn't have won the prem though.

djfase
24-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I think they would have. They are the most consistant side in europe and i think you should take your blinkers off.

In england we have chelsea, liverpool, man u and arsenal and thats it.

In spain there is barca, real, valencia, depor, villareal

macca
24-05-2006, 09:40 PM

I bet they wouldn't have won the prem though.

bit of a daft arse comment that ;) agree with what fase says^

Traxx
24-05-2006, 10:03 PM
I think they would have. They are the most consistant side in europe and i think you should take your blinkers off.

yeah but only the first 3 of them really push it.

Will
25-05-2006, 12:54 PM

Let's see, Villarreal and Depor finished 7th and 8th, obviously put up a great challenge and Barca finished on 82 points and lost 6 games, that points tally would put them joint 3rd in the Prem so how exactly are they the most consistent side in europe?

They may have the best first 11, but their squad isn't as strong as Chelsea's and I bet they'd struggle against the likes of Bolton and Blackburn. Maybe people should think for themselves instead of being taken in by the hype, there's nothing to suggest they'd win the prem.

Will
25-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Even Pele said they were a bit lucky to beat us in the final and we were down to 10 men, which isn't particularly impressive in my book.

278d7e64a374de26f==