PDA

View Full Version : Power supply & 4-way adapter's

michael00elder
24-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I've got two 4 way adapter's and one 6-way adapter's in my room from a double socket with about 12 appliances plugged into them.

I was asking this retired electrical engineer about them the other day, asking if it was safe to use them and he basically said that they were well dodgy and that they only had a 13 amp fuse to protect all the appliances that you were using. I don't know that much about all that electrical stuff, but I reckon he's probably right.

Do any of you know of any safer way of getting all your gear working?

michael00elder
24-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry, I think I should have posted this in the Hardware section!! :oops:

messyfuture
24-05-2006, 09:50 PM
i use surge protectors on all of my wall inlets

thats bout as protected as i get

dan the acid man
25-05-2006, 09:11 AM
i use surge protectors on all of my wall inlets

thats bout as protected as i get

same here, just as long as you don't go out and leave everything switched on, you should be ok.

im sure most of us do the same as you

acidsaturation
26-05-2006, 02:42 PM
If it's not constantly pulling more than the 13 amps it should be ok, so long as the socket's sound and you use good quality extensions. (So I'm told bya sparky). But surge protectors are a good idea...

I'm getting worried though, 'cos the rating all on mine is getting damn close to 13amps. but they don't normally pull the full amount they're rated at...

Soon as I can buy a house (Hahahaha yeh right) I'm gonna get a 30amp ring put it for my kit.

278d7e64a374de26f==